What's new

EchoFox SonicFox Wins Injustice 2 Pro Series Event at East Coast Throwdown 2017!

trufenix

bye felicia
The good news is I don't think nrs listens to this crap anymore. 12k people watched and the numbers didn't tank even when it was obvious grand finals was gonna be a super free deadshot mirror. People said the same thing about less hype finals in shittier games.

In MK9 Kenshi steam rolled 75% of the cast with literally one move. They called pig a hero. Now it's like oh fuck some times you have to duck in neutral. And your punish on a read is only 35% and corner pressure. 8-2 matchup.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
So your point is that since there was only 3 deadshots in top 8 of AB instead of 5, this tournament was a fluke? Could there not be a rising trend of top players picking up Deadshot realizing he's stupidly good? Tekken Master wasn't even at AB either so you can't really compare both tournaments. My point is top players are beginning to pickup deadshot more often, which is a fact. There is also a rising trend of having more Deadshots in each top 8 every tournament. Also a fact.

I avoided your last point because it means nothing. Supergirl wasn't present in this top 8 yet she's top 3. A character being present or not present in a top 8 means nothing. You don't see people suddenly saying Fate is broken because he made top 8. But when a character starts to be picked up by more and more top players, and tends to do better and better in top 8s, there is legitimate cause for concern.
Ok so your point is that just because AB had 3 Deadshots and East Coast had 5 that means that there is a trend of top players picking Deadshot as they're supposedly realize that he's supposedly too strong to not be picked by them to win? I'm sorry and no offense, but this is a false statement. As far as we all know this could be nothing more then an old-fashioned movie-style coincidence. I could take that claim if it was the case for like 3 or 4 tournies in a row, but only 2 tournies? You do realize that if on the next major there are like 3 Deadshots at best, that's pretty much ruins your argument. Not to mention if one of the Deadshot players will actually win the tourney and that's even if they will pick Deadshot in the Top 8 itself and how many times they would use him in comparison to their other chars. I mean, it's all about the number of players who use him at majors, right?

Also speaking of which. I brought up the fact that Batman and Superman, two other top characters, weren't at all in Top 8 in order to point out how IJ2 in general is indeed balanced, and you bring up Supergirl who is supposedly Top 3 maybe she is, not saying she isn't) despite not being in Top 8's that much, but then you claim that just because 3 Deadshots were at AB8's Top 8 and 5 at East Coast that means he's too strong or even worse, that the whole game is unbalanced. So I can't use the facts regarding Top 8's since the game has been released but you're using the facts regarding just the last two Top 8's alone, after which you said that I can't compare between AB8 to East Coast just because Tekken Master wasn't there, yet you do the same thing. How does that work again?

Oh and just to play by your rules, how about the fact that Summer Jam did had 3 Deadshots (and also 2 Supergirls, mind you), but IJ2's Hometown Heroes, an IJ2 exclusive major that took place after Summer Jam, did had some strong players such as DR Gross, yet none of the players used Deadshot even once, but we did see, once again, two Supermen and one Batman?

Just saying.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ok so your point is that just because AB had 3 Deadshots and East Coast had 5 that means that there is a trend of top players picking Deadshot as they're supposedly realize that he's supposedly too strong to not be picked by them to win?
:/ :/ :/ :/

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I mean, that's literally what happened, lol. Guys like Bio and Whiteboi picked him up because they were tired of being zoned out.

It's not like people are suddenly playing him because he's a just a popular guy, or because Deadshot's Witnesses are canvassing the neighborhood handing out flyers ;)

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I mean, that's literally what happened, lol. Guys like Bio and Whiteboi picked him up because they were tired of being zoned out.

It's not like people are suddenly playing him because he's a just a popular guy, or because Deadshot's Witnesses are canvassing the neighborhood handing out flyers ;)
Ok yeah Deadshot was a strong character in the game since the beginning and he already got complaints in the past, and yes BA had 3 Deadshots while EC had 5 and both Bio and Whiteboi had to counter-pick with him EC, but like I said, this could be nothing more then a pure coincidence. As I've said, I could understand that claim if it happened for like 3-4 tournies in a row, but calling it a "trend" after only 2 tournies, especially that not too long ago we had Hometown Heroes that also featured some very strong players and yet we didn't see a single Deadshot there at all, that's basically taking things out of proportions.

Again, I'm not saying there is no chance at all that Deadshot can get a couple of nerfs, I'm just saying that it is an exaggeration. That's all.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Ok yeah Deadshot was a strong character in the game since the beginning and he already got complaints in the past, and yes BA had 3 Deadshots while EC had 5 and both Bio and Whiteboi had to counter-pick with him EC, but like I said, this could be nothing more then a pure coincidence. As I've said, I could understand that claim if it happened for like 3-4 tournies in a row, but calling it a "trend" after only 2 tournies, especially that not too long ago we had Hometown Heroes that also featured some very strong players and yet we didn't see a single Deadshot there at all, that's basically taking things out of proportions.

Again, I'm not saying there is no chance at all that Deadshot can get a couple of nerfs, I'm just saying that it is an exaggeration. That's all.
It's not a coincidence. I was there for some of these conversations about why certain players were picking him up. So I know the reasoning, and it's what I explained.

Roy Arkon

It's not a coincidence. I was there for some of these conversations about why certain players were picking him up. So I know the reasoning, and it's what I explained.
They explained it and you were there? Well if that's the case I guess it is true. Again never said Deadshot couldn't get a couple of nerfs, we will see what happens next.