What's new

EchoFox SonicFox Wins Injustice 2 Pro Series Event at East Coast Throwdown 2017!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
No because they knew hes a good character. They obviously all trained with deadshot and they all went to top 8 with him as their pockets. Sonic almost always wins it doesnt 'prove' anything when he wins again.
But why would they bother with a pocket anything? Because it's their best chance at winning. Yet somehow sonic pulls in the W. And how many pocket deadshot helped someome get out of pools?

But why would they bother with a pocket anything? Because it's their best chance at winning. Yet somehow sonic pulls in the W. And how many pocket deadshot helped someome get out of pools?
I dont understand what your argument is here at all. These players obviously used deadshot to get into top 8, maybe not all the time but almost all of them used deadshot. Just because sonic is a better player it doesnt suddenly nullify deadshot being good. Bio wasnt able to beat sonic but that has happened plenty of times before. Nothing is an easy win but thats besides the point, the point is deadshot clearly was the most dominant character in the tourney because of how much he was used and how he does so well in a lot of MUs.

DC King

Noob
I was tuned in at first but once i saw 2 to 3 Deadshots in a row i walked away from the computer. Seems like this game main focus is counter picking and just about everybody in the scene has the same pocket characters. 30 available characters and I never see half of them...such a shame.

But props to Deadshot for winning tho :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Honestly, everyone should pick up Supergirl for the Deadshot MU. She doesn't dominate the MU, some say it's 5-5 (I believe it's 6-4 in SG's favor), but she has answers to his zoning. Also she's easy to pick and learn as a pocket character for bad MU's.

The only hype thing about this top 8 was Bio's Bane. All the Deadshot's had me halfway even paying attention if at all. It's just not at all interesting or entertaining watching this character, and he was used in damn near every match.

Anyway, congrats once again to the Furry King of NRS games.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Top8 sucked

Congrats to the players that won because honestly the viewers lost.

Biohazard was awesome, probably the most enjoyable to watch by a mile next to bdon who suffered to ds

Injustice 2 will receive another patch before national TV in Oct-Nov but it won't before IPS. Better to sacrifice 15-20,000 vs 100,000-200,000 viewers

Either that or it'll never happen and we'll be watching Injustice2:CSGO edition in the fall.

Nvr forget 1F nerf was thought to be ok

Also couple of side notes: Capt Cold v CW seems super jacked up MU. I can't decide which is worse fate v ds or capt cold v CW

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
he is not the mk9 cage of the game lolz
not gameplay wise, no.
but at one point a whole fuck ton of the well known MK9 players had him on reserve, because at the time the game wasn't all that fleshed out and he was an overwhelming prick to deal with who was easy to pick up.

I miss the days when the meta of the game was "okay, let's figure out who has the most broken BS, and counterpick our way through the MU's from there until we figure out who tiers with who." Now everyone just bitches about while they wait for patchy salvation. Screw that.
If Deadshot is a problem, pick up Catwoman.
When her bad MU's become apparent (if there are any), find a counter for that.
And keep going in circles, until your circle is unbreakable.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I remember a few years ago I made a post stating my dislike for a tournament and how it played with the characters and players etc. I was immediately blasted by mods and a few other people for not even being decent and congratulating the winner and players.

Apparently that time has passed for nearly everyone. Seems like a free for all after each top 8 now to bash the game, players, or just get a contradictory statement or zinger out there.

Anyway congrats to the players and Sonic for taking it.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
So the real question is... What's the next witch hunt after Deadshot get's "adjusted"? My money is on Starfire.
Nope. This just pulled everyone away from Supergirl for a little bit. She's next.

Then we hunt down Supes's f23.

Then we buff Blue Beetle.

Then we nerf him when he wins to many MU's.

Then we remove Supergirl's teleport all together cause ya'll free to it for some dumbass reason.

Then we focus on Scarecrows trait.

Then we nerf Canary/Cold.

Then we buff Swamp Thing.

Then we nerf him cause his CG becomes too good.

Then we finally get Spawn and he's perfect in every way. Not broke. Not Shit tier. Most balance Character in the game with obvious strengths and weaknesses.

Then we wake up from that dream and buy MK11.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Ok for everyone who's complained about Deadshot, just 2 questions:

1) When was the last time Deadshot has dominated a Top 8 like that, before or after the patch?

2) Did you notice that Batman and Superman are used to be in every single Top 8 at least once even after the patch, yet none of them appeared in this Top 8 in particular?

Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: XAO

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
This top 8 had so much potential for hype, it is truly a shame that it was ruined solely by deadshot but hopefully some good will come from this in the form of a serious re-evaluation of deadshot. Definitely wasn't a good look for the game and if NRS doesn't realize this then I dunno what to say.

Wavy

Block Spammer
Honestly was the worst tournament top 8 to date on the viewers side. Did not enjoy it at all. The entire chat was laughing at the game and I can only imagine how that felt for NRS if they looked at that. However, glad it happened to shut up the "he's fine" people. Deadshot was bound to win because he's not fun to play against if you're playing a character that can't deal with his zoning too well. Really limits your options on who you can play.