What's new

Each character's best normal/string/special

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I feel like each character needs a LOT more entries than just 3 or 4.
For Noob, id nominate 12, 212, f333, b1, b2, d1, d3, and d4 for his normals. His specials? All but Ghostball.
Everyone has their best list of normals, but I wanted to know what was the best out of even all of those. I added all your normals listed

Buddy Holly

Thanks a bunch guys, all edited

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Low fireball let's you go under other projectiles allowing you to not be hit and hit the opponent at the same time. It also has great recovery on it. That's why it's the best IMO
Yea, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking haha.

See what happens when I go without MK and TYM for ~5 days? I lose my sanity.

Thanks a bunch guys, all edited
Low fireball is his best special.

f4/f434/groundskull

maybe d3 instead of d4, but it's garbage on block oh wait, normal, string and special? derp

groundskull > SS because of that stupid second hit of SS -_- but SS is also his only armor and godlike for spacing so it's a tossup

DragonPick

Kratos: F+2 / F+4,2 / Hermes Dash
F+2 allows Kratos to increase the damage on his combos, F+4,2 is a great juggle string, and the Hermes Dash Cancels from the Hermes Dash allow him to do less-than decent pressure and mindgames, along with EX Hermes Dash giving Kratos a Flash Parry. The combination of all three (Plus HDCs), grants access to Kratos' +50% meterless BnBs and his 40% meterless AA BnB.

I agree with all of Noob Saibot's, except for his best normal. I'm sure Noob's best normal is B+2; gives him more damage on his juggles, and allows for mixups when blocked by itself.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I agree with all of Noob Saibot's, except for his best normal. I'm sure Noob's best normal is B+2; gives him more damage on his juggles, and allows for mixups when blocked by itself.
b2 is also neutral on block, great with a throw afterwards.

Another character that I get slightly salty at haha.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What about Mileena's 234? Its very easy to hit confirm 23 into ball/ex ball and the entire string is safe on block.

The damage you can get with a 23 starter is greater than a 42 starter as well.

Dark_Rob

Warrior
Subzero's 214 is a good string, but I wouldnt say its his best.

I would go D4/2,2/ ice clone
2,2 is still ridiculous with that swords range, even if its not what it once was.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
For Jade's best string: 2, 3, F2
Ermac: normal: 1. string: 3, 1, 2
Shang: F4. F4, 3, 4. Ground Skulls.
Jax's best string is F4, 1, 3

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sektor's standing 1? please.

should be his leg lift overhead or his throw

yeah, his throw.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Subzero's 214 is a good string, but I wouldnt say its his best.

I would go D4/2,2/ ice clone
2,2 is still ridiculous with that swords range, even if its not what it once was.
It's negative though... and I'm not sure if it's safe. The only reason I suggested 214 was b/c you can't interrupt it and it has push back. lol

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Smoke's best special is obviously smoke bomb, best string is probably B23 since it has awesome range and is an overhead, and best normal is probably b2 or maybe f4 since it leads to reset madness!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Best strings, from my most experiences characters...
(Normals and specials = impossible to choose.)

Cyrax = 2 1's his best string.
Sub-Zero = 2 1 2's his best string, arguably.
Ermac = 3 1/3 1 2, without a doubt.
Kung Lao = 2 1 or 2 4.
Quan Chi = 2 1 2, far and wide.

Dark_Rob

Warrior
It's negative though... and I'm not sure if it's safe. The only reason I suggested 214 was b/c you can't interrupt it and it has push back. lol
Its negative, but not unsafe. 2,2 cant be interupted either. 2,1,4 is also negative, but still safe and uninterupable as well. 2,2 and 2,1 are both his best strings but for different reasons. But i give the edge to 2,2 because its alot harder to jump away from then 2,1

Seapeople

This one's for you
I agree with DarkRob about Sub. 22 is miles better than 21.
Reptile: d4, 321, elbow dash. There's no special of Reptile's that's as game-changing as the elbow dash. But ex slow forceball is one of the most underrated moves ever imo.
Cyrax: b1, 12, net. Imo 12 is better than 21 in the neutral game because of its hitbox properties. I guess you could also argue that his best string is b1212.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I agree with DarkRob about Sub. 22 is miles better than 21.
Reptile: d4, 321, elbow dash. There's no special of Reptile's that's as game-changing as the elbow dash. But ex slow forceball is one of the most underrated moves ever imo.
Cyrax: b1, 12, net. Imo 12 is better than 21 in the neutral game because of its hitbox properties. I guess you could also argue that his best string is b1212.
um ya, 22 is so annoying with it's stupid high hitbox....

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Woah Woah Woah, Woah.
Hold on.
Kabal's best special move is the Nomad Dash, and this is unarguable. (From my perspective, at the moment)
The Nomad Dash is what creates nearly all of his block damage, all of his big combos, and biggest zoning damage, through Nomad dashing into an opponent, after they are struck out of the air from the Gas Blast.

Not sure if someone has said this already.
If so, TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL