Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I think she should look monstrous, but somewhere in the middle like MKX

Votes: 22 19.3%
  • I think she looks appropriately monstrous now

Votes: 86 75.4%

• Total voters

eXalted

Kytinn Queen
It's hard to comment after only seeing 1 render. I trust that NRS will make her the ugly insect queen we all deserve. I'm personally hoping the Kytinn Queen skin returns.

What do you think will be customizable on her? Ovipositors, insects, puddle?

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
wtf even is this thread lol

she looks great, suitably creepy. I can't wait to see her intro's with Baraka, Kotal (we all know he's otw), Kitana, and Cassie. I'm happy we finally got Quan Chi's bald ass out of here. It would be crazy if D'Vorah and Shang Tsung teamed up to form the DA in this timeline.

ASTROWORLD #1

Espio

Kokomo
She looks creepy and gross which makes perfect sense since she's a nasty ass BUG. I just don't know what people's expectations are for characters like D'Vorah. I liked her design in X, but she looks much more insect like to me.

Also I like your theory Milkman about her no longer needing to put on appearances since she no longer graces the Kahn's court so covering herself, lipstick and heels are no longer necessary. She has been disgraced and outed as a traitor to Outworld so she will be a rogue most likely.

I would have made her even more alien/monstrous to be honest.

She's an insect and insects are very different from us apes.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I would have made her even more alien/monstrous to be honest.

She's an insect and insects are very different from us apes.
In their defense, they still need to maintain a somewhat human anatomy so fatalities/brutalities make sense and animate properly. It would be expensive otherwise.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
she is an insectoid being .... basically, an humanoid with insects traits and characteristics .... she is great cause she pass impression of having a very creepy and terrorizing nature: carnivorous, and parasitic , that is, she can see you as just her next meal, or just as the perfect host for her larvae offrspring to develop inside out ... kinda more or less like the Xenomorphs behaviour in Alien franchise .... how could you not love a character like this in MK franchise ?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
She looks creepy and gross which makes perfect sense since she's a nasty ass BUG. I just don't know what people's expectations are for characters like D'Vorah. I liked her design in X, but she looks much more insect like to me.

Also I like your theory Milkman about her no longer needing to put on appearances since she no longer graces the Kahn's court so covering herself, lipstick and heels are no longer necessary. She has been disgraced and outed as a traitor to Outworld so she will be a rogue most likely.
I have some expectations of consistency. Creepy, horror, monstrous bug girl is a fine idea in a bottle. It's a fine decision they could have made from the start, but does that really describe the character they created? Is this really D'Vorah or her creepy aunt Midge?

Reptile used to look human so I get stuff changes and you have to figure out who a character is over time. If she wasn't my character and so perfect to start with then I probably wouldn't have as much trouble adjusting.

So far I think everyone looks really different except Baraka, so there may just be a lot of this sort of thing.

Ermac Smoke

Smoky Soul
Do you know what is the origin of D'Vorah's name? In French, "Dévora" means to devour in simple past... the same pronunciation.
Coincidence?!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I like everything but the hair. I think that looks terrible lol. Her face seems and plastic weird but I’m sure it will look better in motion. The best part of the new design is the nests, I hope they are more than just show.

I liked her in the middle but I’m cool with monstrous if they ditch the shitlocks or make them a gear piece.
It isn’t hair, those are antennae, fitting with the whole bug theme.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It's hard to comment after only seeing 1 render. I trust that NRS will make her the ugly insect queen we all deserve. I'm personally hoping the Kytinn Queen skin returns.

What do you think will be customizable on her? Ovipositors, insects, puddle?
I’m guessing ovipositors, antennae, and the thicker armored part of her exoskeleton