Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I think she should look monstrous, but somewhere in the middle like MKX

Votes: 22 19.3%
  • I think she looks appropriately monstrous now

Votes: 86 75.4%

• Total voters

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Right, females in video games (in general) don't need to be sexy to be good characters. The new D'Vorah is not sexy, so... check.

Sexiness (or not) having nothing to do with it, I just don't care for the design. It's got a lot of interesting, creative elements to it, it's just not what I'd hope to see.

I think my main issue is that it looks like a suit of armor, instead of an organic body. Honestly it looks like they started with Blue Beetle's character model, touched up a few details, added some "bug" features, and called it good. I don't know, I guess the shapes and locations of the chitin plates and vasculature don't strike me as something that would have evolved through nature.

The face is the most off-putting though. I don't care that it's monstrous (it should be!), it's that it looks like a mask, again not something organic. The eyes look dead, those chitin lips couldn't speak, the face is frozen, not capable of expression. It could be fixed, maybe, by breaking it up into jointed plates, exposing "soft parts" where movement is needed.

The actual animated render could totally change all these opinions, of course.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
I think the design itself is fine, but I do find it weird that just like Sonya, when looking at her face, she looks like a completely different character compared to MKX.

The new face has much sharper cheekbones, cheeks a lot more indented, chin more protruding and lips missing the black color.

Again, I feel the model looks good, but I find the disconnect between the old and the new one a bit off putting.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I already thought she was a disgusting freak in mkx which was perfectly fine and I loved it.
This new design is hopefully unrefined yet and she'll stop looking like fucking Gollum.

And if you like what she looks like, well,

In their defense, they still need to maintain a somewhat human anatomy so fatalities/brutalities make sense and animate properly. It would be expensive otherwise.
Absolutely. I would make her face look much more alien though. I'd go as close to The Fly as possible while maintaining the necessary bone structure for fatal blows and such.

Not complaining, honestly happy that she's in the game and that they went further with the monstrous look.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Her design in mk11 is kinda how expected her to be so I can't be mad. As much as I LOVED kitanas throne intro in the Kitana and D'vorah reveal trailer, I wish Dvorah did that creepy, twitchy stomp movement like she did in her MKX intros, instead of just standing there and talking. I did love how she flew into her intro though, I guess I'll have to wait untill we get to see her other intro options.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I don't think MKX D'Vorah was anything close to Sexy. Cool but not sexy. I absolutely love her monsterous look in 11 and feel it's more befitting of her character.

Lun

proud TERF!
Upon seeing her in action in the latest Kombat Kast, I must say she's still very sexy. I thought she'd be more monstruous, yet, there's just always something sexualized about her.

I love her design anyway, except for those ridiculous high heels.