What's new

D'vorah General Discussion

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I used to use 21 or 4 as combo filler but I find f13 or dash d1 then f13 to be more optimal midscreen since it’s had it’s speed adjusted.

I can’t test your combo/set up right now but I’m guessing you could use that here as well instead of 21.
Yeah I could only get 21 on everyone except the bigs. The swarm when you amp it has a funky box and doesn’t connect otherwise for me. (From Widow)

If you don’t amp swarm it seems like all of those work against anyone, but then of course it’s only the one fly... good enough for the KB at least. :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@SaltShaker yo im making the switch from cetrion too. her damage is just too low for me to hang
Dangggg, I hear ya though. I've been on the search since the patch and pretty much narrowed down to Raijen Raiden, Arach D'Vorah, and Ice Frost. Love my Cetrion but I am seeing a noticeable difference with the lesser damage and weaker escape teleport.

I hate the "learning" process of getting down a new character, but still least it's fun lol.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I've been doing a little testing with Arachnophobia, and I found some interesting properties involving her puddle mid combo. If you do a move that hits close enough to when the puddle hits, they can't break out of it, so you can actually do some pretty good unbreakable damage without doing bug call backs or fatal blow.

For example, f13~amp db3, db1, b4 does 234 and leaves you in a good oki position, totally unbreakable. You can do the same with f4 and even 3. In the corner, I've even been able to manage db1, bf4 as an ender, so it's an unbreakable restand that loads a bug, but I tell you it was hard AF.

@Dreamcatcher I was wrong about callback not killing, yay!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I've been doing a little testing with Arachnophobia, and I found some interesting properties involving her puddle mid combo. If you do a move that hits close enough to when the puddle hits, they can't break out of it, so you can actually do some pretty good unbreakable damage without doing bug call backs or fatal blow.

For example, f13~amp db3, db1, b4 does 234 and leaves you in a good oki position, totally unbreakable. You can do the same with f4 and even 3. In the corner, I've even been able to manage db1, bf4 as an ender, so it's an unbreakable restand that loads a bug, but I tell you it was hard AF.

@Dreamcatcher I was wrong about callback not killing, yay!
Damn that’s smart, I didn’t even think about trying a puddle while they were spun like that. And I was hoping there was a chance callback would kill but that would have been too good lol. Does it put them on final breath at least? I played some matches and didn’t get a chance to try it.

Second Saint

Damn that’s smart, I didn’t even think about trying a puddle while they were spun like that. And I was hoping there was a chance callback would kill but that would have been too good lol. Does it put them on final breath at least? I played some matches and didn’t get a chance to try it.
No, I was wrong. It does kill. And puddle while spun is required for the optimal, although considering I can get an easy 285 vs a hard 304 or so, I'll take the 285 all day.

But what I'm trying to figure out here is my follow ups after a 3 knockdown. See, you may not have realized this yet, but call backs scale to the combo they're in. So if you can get them out of a combo, you get a lot more damage.

That 3 knockdown is guranteed to be +40 or more. I think that'll grant a free callback against most of the cast, only tested against geras so far and it doesn't work on his u2.

If you get 234 unbreakable for the combo I mentioned before into the 3 knockdown, that should be 380 unbreakable with 5 bugs and 2 bars.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Two questions for something you guys probably figured out. How do you get around hard zoning styles, and how do you operate without a fast mid? Big adjustments for me lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah I could only get 21 on everyone except the bigs. The swarm when you amp it has a funky box and doesn’t connect otherwise for me. (From Widow)

If you don’t amp swarm it seems like all of those work against anyone, but then of course it’s only the one fly... good enough for the KB at least. :)
The combo you posted that I replied to can be done with f13 instead of 21. It looks wonky but it does connect in as a true combo.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Two questions for something you guys probably figured out. How do you get around hard zoning styles, and how do you operate without a fast mid? Big adjustments for me lol.
B34 is good, her jump in is one of the best in the game with that crazy reach, and conditioning with the widow. The toughest matchup for me last night was Skarlet, she had an answer for everything with my buddy I was playing.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hard zoning is the main reason I dropped her. I could deal with her tiny damage output and other flaws, but certain characters just counter her hard. Now that her teleport variation has been buffed, she might actually be able to contend, but if you try to use her other variation against the likes of Shang, Cetrion, Sonya, and a few others, you might as well just put your controller down.

Second Saint

We don't have fast mids, so our ability to stop counter poking is inherently limited. Some things to keep in mind are reversal db4 can be useful as it's an 11f mid that leaves you +13. D3 also leaves you +13, so in both these situations you can jail your highs. 21 launches with db3, 121 is an excellent stagger string that I also find I am able to consitently jail while hit confirming from d3, 44 is 0 on block and back dashing afterwards often makes good whiff punish opportunities, 3 is +1 with space, and f13 is a 1f link but it also jails now.

Hard zoners, remember that air specials are not a thing against Arachnophobia, other than that, get in honest and pick your moment to teleport or ji1.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I definitely miss the larva and air flies with arachnophobia, but it’s still really fun. Sucks you can’t really fake the jump in like with buzzed and shoot flies. Lol

Would have been cool if you could air tele.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
can't you counter most zoning with her teleport? that's what i've been doing.
Yea same. Skarlet is the only MU that seems the hardest. Since she never has to jump and has quick recovery on her specials, it's turned into pretty much a read. If wrong then she hits the 212 combo. I think the other zoners like Cetrion, Jade, Shang she is probably fine though. The threat of the tele alone tones it down, Scorpion pre-patch fear lol.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
can't you counter most zoning with her teleport? that's what i've been doing.
Yea same. Skarlet is the only MU that seems the hardest. Since she never has to jump and has quick recovery on her specials, it's turned into pretty much a read. If wrong then she hits the 212 combo. I think the other zoners like Cetrion, Jade, Shang she is probably fine though. The threat of the tele alone tones it down, Scorpion pre-patch fear lol.
Yeah Skarlet still seems to be the toughest matchup from what I’ve seen. I still have yet to think of a single useful reason to delay the tele? There’s literally no mind game there because you’re committed... scratching my head wondering why they let Raiden cancel his Superman though?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, when we played your D’Vorah vs my Jade, it felt like I could never try to sneak in my zoning due to the long recovery on all Jade’s tools. However, it did seem like I was able to d2 the teleport without too much difficulty.