What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
From the B1 can't you continue with 2 then air throw for 17%? B12~Air throw?
He is saying if b1 is blocked you can't cancel it into a safe special in swarm queen. If back 1 is blocked and you proceed with forward 2, you are going to eat big damage.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
So I just came to the realization that you might not be able to combo f22 Run Cancel if you want to also run cancel on block. Either that, or the window is much shorter.

Due to the hitstop created by blockstun, a bug cancel on block happens later than on hit. If you try to buffer your dash before the bug cancel comes out, it will no longer register. You need to buffer Dash ASAP when run cancelling, so you don't get to confirm it.

This means if you want to go for damage for f22 on hit, you risk buffering dash at a point that would unbuffer Wasp Grenade on block.

I could be wrong about this, but I noticed I was having issues with run cancels in training mode when the dummy was set to Random Block.

Edit: NVM. Just remember to confirm your run cancels when doing f11 or f22. The dash cancel timing window changes on hit or block.

Last edited:

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
So I just came to the realization that you might not be able to combo f22 Run Cancel if you want to also run cancel on block. Either that, or the window is much shorter.

Due to the hitstop created by blockstun, a bug cancel on block happens later than on hit. If you try to buffer your dash before the bug cancel comes out, it will no longer register. You need to buffer Dash ASAP when run cancelling, so you don't get to confirm it.

This means if you want to go for damage for f22 on hit, you risk buffering dash at a point that would unbuffer Wasp Grenade on block.

I could be wrong about this, but I noticed I was having issues with run cancels in training mode when the dummy was set to Random Block.
F22 bug cancel can combo. After the cancel just run 212.

If I don't finish my starting combo, I usually like to end in mb grab, then mix them up between B1 or F22 into a full combo.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
For those of you who have used all of D'Vorah's variations, which ones seem best suited for different tactics/scenarios?

To me, it seems like Swarm Queen can deal with zoning pretty well because the bugs from the ground (I think it's bug swarm) can make a trade in your favour and give you time to dash in against zoners. The Venomous variation seems to do well versus rush down characters because of her bug spray and DOT from her pincer things. I haven't really played around with Brood Mother yet though. It seems like a good mixup variation.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
For those of you who have used all of D'Vorah's variations, which ones seem best suited for different tactics/scenarios?

To me, it seems like Swarm Queen can deal with zoning pretty well because the bugs from the ground (I think it's bug swarm) can make a trade in your favour and give you time to dash in against zoners. The Venomous variation seems to do well versus rush down characters because of her bug spray and DOT from her pincer things. I haven't really played around with Brood Mother yet though. It seems like a good mix-up variation.
You pretty much have it right.

Brood mother is the one I intend to crack, I think it has high potential.

Venomous gives you re-stand to ignore wake ups, crazy armor breaking to continue ignoring wake ups and unbreakable damage with pokes and venom stacks.

Swarm queen gives best meterless damage, best 1 bar damage (so far, venomous may get there soon), and bug bomb cancels. I have spent the least time with this variation.

Brood mother is my go to anti zoning variation though. Krawler seems very good at making opponents jump, letting you run in. Her standing projectile has a decent start-up, allows the same dash cancel combos and pressure like Swarm Queen, and can be ex and meter burned for hilarious round closing damage. Plus, krawler launches off 212 so those combos may be decently viable.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!

If I don't finish my starting combo, I usually like to end in mb grab, then mix them up between B1 or F22 into a full combo.
I meant that you can't do a tight f22 Run Cancel on hit without unbuffering the Wasp Grenade if they had blocked.

EDIT: Just confirmed it in training mode. :<

You might be able to time a 112, or maybe a late 212 after the run cancel that would work on both hit and block, but it's going to be even tighter than what people were previously expecting. :(

Last edited:

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
I meant that you can't do a tight f22 Run Cancel on hit without unbuffering the Wasp Grenade if they had blocked.

EDIT: Just confirmed it in training mode. :<

You might be able to time a 112, or maybe a late 212 after the run cancel that would work on both hit and block, but it's going to be even tighter than what people were previously expecting. :(
Yup, timing is different on hit and block, you just have to be good at hitconfirming the f2,2,df1 and not be too hasty on the dash cancel input (otherwise only the f2,2 comes out on block, and you're unsafe). Bug cancelling f2,2 into 212 is super tight so I don't bother, but I don't really have any problems hit confirming, then cancelling into 1,1,b2 on hit and 1,1,3 on block. I use D'vorah's nonsensical shouts as an audio cue to dash.

"Xbox Four!"
"Kentucky Fried!"

EDIT: it's probably possible to buffer the dash for tight strings and still be *relatively* safe on block with an optionselect. Just stick a 4 somewhere in your string and you'll get your bug cancel on hit, and a 2,2,4 on block, which is only -7. No way in hell I can do that on my PS3 pad though.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

To me, it seems like Swarm Queen can deal with zoning pretty well because the bugs from the ground (I think it's bug swarm) can make a trade in your favour and give you time to dash in against zoners. The Venomous variation seems to do well versus rush down characters because of her bug spray and DOT from her pincer things. I haven't really played around with Brood Mother yet though. It seems like a good mixup variation.
I agree with this so far.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Yup, timing is different on hit and block, you just have to be good at hitconfirming the f2,2,df1 and not be too hasty on the dash cancel input (otherwise only the f2,2 comes out on block, and you're unsafe). Bug cancelling f2,2 into 212 is super tight so I don't bother, but I don't really have any problems hit confirming, then cancelling into 1,1,b2 on hit and 1,1,3 on block. I use D'vorah's nonsensical shouts as an audio cue to dash.

"Xbox Four!"
"Kentucky Fried!"

EDIT: it's probably possible to buffer the dash for tight strings and still be *relatively* safe on block with an optionselect. Just stick a 4 somewhere in your string and you'll get your bug cancel on hit, and a 2,2,4 on block, which is only -7. No way in hell I can do that on my PS3 pad though.
Why didn't I think to just confirm off the f22. I'm a scrub. <_< It's not even that hard.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So not sure if this is known but NRS mixed up the frame data on her bug burst move in Venomous. Normal one is -20 on block and EX one is +25.

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
I played like shit but I discovered an Infinite that works against Scorpions who don't block

lol. cr.1-->cr.1 works too..

On the topic of infinites, has anybody put any work into finding out how many times your can repeat njp, 1 (delay) 1 (delay) 1 repeat in the corner? The timing has to be perfect to get the jab out as fast as possible without getting the 1,1 string. So far the longest I've been able to string together is 6 or 7 reps, but I'm pretty sure more is possible. It's a pretty low damage way to extend a combo, but it may be useful with venomous.

Last edited:

I'm having problems landing consistently B1xx11B2: any advices?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm having problems landing consistently B1xx11B2: any advices?
I think at this point the best bet is trail and error.

Yesterday I couldn't do B1xx212, today I can do it just fine. B1 is pretty hard to pull off, but after a while I got the feel of it.

Also, I'm not sure if its because I'm on a hitbox.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled

Yesterday I couldn't do B1xx212, today I can do it just fine. B1 is pretty hard to pull off, but after a while I got the feel of it.

Hitbox does actually help in this game. I get more things consistently on the hitbox than on stick and I figured out why. The stick recoil sometimes adds directional inputs that can mess up bug dash run cancels and normal delayed string cancels (thats what I call canceling a normal into a different string, which requires you to delay your string input every so slightly).

mountlover

My fingers hurt.

It is absolutely the hitbox. This is one of those games where it makes all the difference. Bug cancelling on a pad is arthritis inducing.

OR3O-MKX

Noob
I have a 42% with D'Vorah but it's grenade start so obv you could get hit but if caught off guard it could be pretty good. And of course you could do it without the grenade for a little less