What's new

General/Other - Dualist Dualist Liu Kang Kommunity Project: Proposed Dualist Buffs

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
All +20 frames in the game are gone? I advise you to go look up johnny cages cancel data and then come back and say that lol.
F34 RC = +12
F3 SKRC = +17
F2 SKRC = +14
F24 SKRC = +11
11 SKRC = +4
21 SKRC = +7
121 RC = +13
113 SKRC = +1
114 SKRC = +17
333 SKRC = +15
B34 SKRC = +15
D4 SKRC = +5
S4 SKRC = +23

Only S4 ~ SKRC is +20 :p

I think +20 anything is ridiculous. Hell +10 on block is silly too. But imo some of these changes need to happen. I do agree with you though.
Yeah :D

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Fixed first post some more. Unfortunately the idea of Dark buff giving health after switch is gone. It will be much better to have buffed Dark charge and Healing specials separately the way it is described in the first post.

Also, should we add this idea for Healing? The idea is that EX version of healing puts white aura on Liu Kang that heals him, which allows him to move, attack and block. It will cost one bar and won't disappear after getting hit, but will disappear after DD1 or when it runs out of time.

Besides of that, is there anything that needs to be added or removed in the first post? Tell me when it is good to go and I will send the link to developers on twitter.

Also, should we add this idea for Healing? The idea is that EX version of healing puts white aura on Liu Kang that heals him, which allows him to move, attack and block. It will cost one bar and won't disappear after getting hit, but will disappear after DD1 or when it runs out of time.
Depends on how much he heals tho.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I agree on everything except for the health gain after the dark charge buff, there should be some sacrifice for switching to light stance.
If they don't touch his healing and leave it like it is now I wouldn't mind the stance switch health gain. Since buff doesn't carry over and goes away on hit why not allow him to cash in? Lvl one 3% lvl two 5% lvl three 7%. It would also give light stance some utility outside of ex fire ball on block and to play both light and dark instead of just being in dark 90% of the time.

Wigy

There it is...
All +20 frames in the game are gone? I advise you to go look up johnny cages cancel data and then come back and say that lol. I think +20 anything is ridiculous. Hell +10 on block is silly too. But imo some of these changes need to happen. I do agree with you though.
Johnny cages fastest string is a 9 frame high. He can only get +20 off his 4 which is a 15 frame high. Also the liu thing you proposed requires no meter or stamina

Parasurama

Dragon
I think orbs should have bigger hurt box. (Or contact explode like Reptiles orbs and then we can just be able to throw less of them.) They are ok on string cancels although punishable a bit too much but in the zoning and spacing they don't stop the rushdown player or zoner but perhaps I think that just because dark buff is difficult to obtain in a real match.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
:( Why... I thought it was a cool concept of letting the stances play off of each other...
I'm afraid we can't have all at once, it is better to get Healing and Dark charge being buffed first, because if we will get them the way it is described in the first post, Dualist can become really serious.

Added new buff to Light Side sub-section, tell me if this EX version idea should stay or not.

And again, tell me when this is good to go, because the faster we do this, the earlier link to the thread will be sended to NRS staff on twitter and as more of us will do that, the better I hope the outcome will be. We have to be polite, after all the fate of Earthralm's champion is in our hands.

just_2swift

I'm afraid we can't have all at once, it is better to get Healing and Dark charge being buffed first, because if we will get them the way it is described in the first post, Dualist can become really serious.

Added new buff to Light Side sub-section, tell me if this EX version idea should stay or not.

And again, tell me when this is good to go, because the faster we do this, the earlier link to the thread will be sended to NRS staff on twitter and as more of us will do that, the better I hope the outcome will be. We have to be polite, after all the fate of Earthralm's champion is in our hands.
I understand i guess. Light stance needs some serious thought imo

just_2swift

Healing and ex fire ball are all that light stance offers. He needs one more tool or move imo but what? This stance is lacking hard.

I thought I added my part on that mu thread I made
Okay:(.

From Forever Elite ->
Dualist still has bugs which no character should have.
•Orbs will explode in the corner for some maps because of the coding nrs put in. It's like the orbs hit an in visible wall and explodes on its own. Idk if I'm explaining it right, but because of this orbs because useless in some maps which harms dualist potential.
•Orbs can also create a frame gap when they explode. For example, if I'm doing f213 and the orb explodes between the F2(1), it creates a frame gap in the string which you can punish.
These are the bugs I noticed and I'm sure there are more. But for buffs:
•His healing to have a better use, as of now it heals like 0.30%? There's no point in using this move because of the risk, there's no reward and I think another player made a vid comparing kotals healing to dualist.
•His damage buff needs to stay on hit for at least level 1 and 2.
Kotal can do his mid combo and keep it on hit. However lk loses his automatically if he gets hit. A lot of characters keeps theirs on hit and lk should be the same.
•Orb recovery lessened by 5 to 10 frames.
•Damage buff recovery lessened by 10 frames
•Stance switch recovery lessened by 5 frames.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Okay:(.

From Forever Elite ->
Dualist still has bugs which no character should have.
•Orbs will explode in the corner for some maps because of the coding nrs put in. It's like the orbs hit an in visible wall and explodes on its own. Idk if I'm explaining it right, but because of this orbs because useless in some maps which harms dualist potential.
•Orbs can also create a frame gap when they explode. For example, if I'm doing f213 and the orb explodes between the F2(1), it creates a frame gap in the string which you can punish.
These are the bugs I noticed and I'm sure there are more. But for buffs:
•His healing to have a better use, as of now it heals like 0.30%? There's no point in using this move because of the risk, there's no reward and I think another player made a vid comparing kotals healing to dualist.
•His damage buff needs to stay on hit for at least level 1 and 2.
Kotal can do his mid combo and keep it on hit. However lk loses his automatically if he gets hit. A lot of characters keeps theirs on hit and lk should be the same.
•Orb recovery lessened by 5 to 10 frames.
•Damage buff recovery lessened by 10 frames
•Stance switch recovery lessened by 5 frames.
Fixed first post. Please check General buffs and fixed sub-section and Dark Side buffs sub-section, because I added a lot about damage buff charge.

I hope we will get this post to be good to go by Monday.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Ok guys, I've made final touches on the first post, added an introduction and a nice pic. I want Dualist Liu Kang Kommunity to be heard.

Please, tell me, if we are good to go with this list of buffs and fixes.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Fix the bug that causes red orbs explode hitting interactables at the corner of Kuatan Jungle (left corner), Sky Temple (right corner) and and Lin Kuei Temple (left corner).
The red orbs are exploding in more scenarios that are preventing him to do setups.
The scenarios are: Refugee Kamp (left side) and Quan Chi's Fortress (Right Side).

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Same things, no?
As I understand, less recovery means that his "cool down" after charge will be less, while charging faster means that Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 will be appearing faster than it is now (you will have to hold it less longer to get the charge).

Bigger hurt box or bigger hit box? :p
Fixed.

The red orbs are exploding in more scenarios that are preventing him to do setups.
The scenarios are: Refugee Kamp (left side) and Quan Chi's Fortress (Right Side).
Added.