What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

How do I got about the Green Lantern, Harley Quinn and Batgirl matchups? These characters I can't seem to get a grasp on how to fight them.

Noobe

Noob
He goes even with Zod and Martian. Ya he loses to batman and slightly aquaman.
Thats all wrong. He beats zod 6-4. He goes even with MMH. He doesn't lose to batman its even. And he doesn't lose to aquaman at all. Sorry I've never lost to any of these characters in tournament at all and have played them plenty. And have played the best for all of these characters. Only one to beat me was batman and that was after king took a few ass whoopings first. He doesn't lose to anyone in the cast but killer frost and even then I've raped every frost I've played.

And grundy gets mopped badly by dd and in my opinion anyone that knows how to use all there characters throw immune hits. Throw f2, 3 es at the right time which isnt hard. And grundy gets hit if he goes for the grab or if he cancels because he can throw a d2. If he attempts to use that long kick of his which is s.2 I believe walk away from it and jump splash and he is wide open. When you have trait use it and get even more free damage.

E

Eldriken

Thats all wrong. He beats zod 6-4. He goes even with MMH. He doesn't lose to batman its even. And he doesn't lose to aquaman at all. Sorry I've never lost to any of these characters in tournament at all and have played them plenty. And have played the best for all of these characters. Only one to beat me was batman and that was after king took a few ass whoopings first. He doesn't lose to anyone in the cast but killer frost and even then I've raped every frost I've played.

And grundy gets mopped badly by dd and in my opinion anyone that knows how to use all there characters throw immune hits. Throw f2, 3 es at the right time which isnt hard. And grundy gets hit if he goes for the grab or if he cancels because he can throw a d2. If he attempts to use that long kick of his which is s.2 I believe walk away from it and jump splash and he is wide open. When you have trait use it and get even more free damage.
What are some tips for Killer Frost? I've gotten a lot better at the match up, but I would like to know how you approach it.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Is it fair to say online Frost is a fucking cunt if I play Doomsday or I should just gtfo and adapt?
I'm playing against this dude that picks Frost and the dumpster stage, kicks my ass, then says "Yo dawg, your DD is boring and learn some combos, not only 2 strings". Anyone who knows how this MU goes, please, laugh at this fool.
Fucking prick.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Is it fair to say online Frost is a fucking cunt if I play Doomsday or I should just gtfo and adapt?
I'm playing against this dude that picks Frost and the dumpster stage, kicks my ass, then says "Yo dawg, your DD is boring and learn some combos, not only 2 strings". Anyone who knows how this MU goes, please, laugh at this fool.
Fucking prick.
Don't EVER try to d1 her after anything. Most Frosts get really parry happy.

Get used to sweeping, throwing and staying in the air a lot. Don't try and MB Venom from full screen unless she's constantly throwing daggers, otherwise she can react with a parry.

Don't get too predictable with sweeping and throwing after blocking her slides, however. They can just try to d1 you or do a MB f3.

To sum it up: Stay in the air, throw, sweep, reverse her slide wake up in the corner, raw Earth Shake when applicable instead of d1, and BE PATIENT.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Don't EVER try to d1 her after anything. Most Frosts get really parry happy.

Get used to sweeping, throwing and staying in the air a lot. Don't try and MB Venom from full screen unless she's constantly throwing daggers, otherwise she can react with a parry.

Don't get too predictable with sweeping and throwing after blocking her slides, however. They can just try to d1 you or do a MB f3.

To sum it up: Stay in the air, throw, sweep, reverse her slide wake up in the corner, raw Earth Shake when applicable instead of d1, and BE PATIENT.
I know man, I just got mad.

E

Eldriken

I know man, I just got mad.
I don't know who it was you played, but if you want a Killer Frost to make you mad, play @Rickyraws.

I don't know if you have a 360 or not or if he has a PS3, but he'll make you really pissed off. He did that to me and he's the sole reason I leveled the fuck up for that MU.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Fucking prick.
Which system do you play on?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I don't know who it was you played, but if you want a Killer Frost to make you mad, play @Rickyraws.

I don't know if you have a 360 or not or if he has a PS3, but he'll make you really pissed off. He did that to me and he's the sole reason I leveled the fuck up for that MU.
Saw a few of your matches with Espio. Honestly don't think there's anything you need to improve on as a Doomsday player, that play style looked complete IMO. Kudos, but it's not like I didn't know this already ;)

E

Eldriken

Saw a few of your matches with Espio. Honestly don't think there's anything you need to improve on as a Doomsday player, that play style looked complete IMO. Kudos, but it's not like I didn't know this already ;)
Thanks. I really, really appreciate that. =)

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
meh still something thats going through my head. But imo everything she has doomsday can counter. Samething goes for her. So it has to be all reads. She has nothing that covers all the bases. At least thats whats going through my sleep deprived mind.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
meh still something thats going through my head. But imo everything she has doomsday can counter. Samething goes for her. So it has to be all reads. She has nothing that covers all the bases. At least thats whats going through my sleep deprived mind.
Dear god....what have you done!? Please god dont let myles wright see this! Congrats by the way! Secretly the superman matchup sucks for dd

Espio

Kokomo
Any Doomsday mainers on PS3 willing to help a Martian Manhunter learn this match up better?

I have it down relatively well with Hawkgirl, but it currently eludes me with Martian marginally.

(I'm willing to also offer help if needed or wanted for Hawkgirl :) ).

D

Deleted member 28105

Wait, Doomsday has matchup discussions? I thought shoulder charging into the corner and then salt shaking for glory was his strategy against everyone. :DOGE

E

Eldriken

Any Doomsday mainers on PS3 willing to help a Martian Manhunter learn this match up better?

I have it down relatively well with Hawkgirl, but it currently eludes me with Martian marginally.

You know I will. I want to see what your Martian Manhunter is like, sir.

Wait, Doomsday has matchup discussions? I thought shoulder charging into the corner and then salt shaking for glory was his strategy against everyone. :DOGE
There's only a dedicated few of us that have matchup discussions regarding Doomsday. It's because we actually know how to play the character. ;)

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

I can. I'm not the greatest but hopefully I can give you a challenge.

Espio

Kokomo
You know I will. I want to see what your Martian Manhunter is like, sir.
Hehe, I figured but doesn't hurt to ask :D.

I'm gonna record again so this time you can be bodying me lol, I need to analyze the footage. My Martian Manhunter isn't anything special, especially considering the Martian Manhunters you've played I'm sure, but I have a theory on this match up I wanna test to see if I'm right about how I should be playing it, should be interesting.

I can. I'm not the greatest but hopefully I can give you a challenge.
Regardless of skill level, the more Doomsdays I play the better and more knowledge I'll acquire so please do add Espio872 thanks :).

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I'd say she has DD beat full screen. He has no projectiles to even chip at her, and from that distance its easier to read what he'll do due to his lack of options. If he doesn't have trait, he really only has tele, which is easily punished by dashing. If he has trait, he's likely going to pop it and charge in. From full screen she has 2-hit projectiles, a tracking chip attack, and an open opportunity to charge trait (which will only maximize her punishes when she gets one).

I know a good DD player could prove this matchup might not be as bad as originally touted, but I'd have a hard time believing it isn't in her favor somewhat

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
SUPER TECH VS KILLER FROST!!!
After an ES on grounded KF you are safe to dash in and press down to block her wu slide just in time where its active frames begin. Also there's enough time to react to anything she does instead, backdash, backjump, nj, forward jump or whatever. Works midscreen, after a grounded ES only.
God bless tech.