What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

E

Eldriken

Hey by the way im using strings like 1,1,2 after mb shoulder against flash and they seem to connect more to where you can sneak an ES in. Changes the matchup alot. Lets you keep pressure
I use 1, 1, 2 on occasion myself. I especially like to use it after 1, 2, 3 in the corner because it causes a much longer hard knockdown.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I use 1, 1, 2 on occasion myself. I especially like to use it after 1, 2, 3 in the corner because it causes a much longer hard knockdown.
Hey add me on xbox and ps3. If you dont mind id like to go into practice mode with you and work on soke of DD bad matchup problems. (Pushback issues specifically)
Its easier to do it with a live person. If i could get a solution to black adam, catwomen, flash, etc on pushback id be hella happy
dabearscq on both systems

E

Eldriken

Hey add me on xbox and ps3. If you dont mind id like to go into practice mode with you and work on soke of DD bad matchup problems. (Pushback issues specifically)
Its easier to do it with a live person. If i could get a solution to black adam, catwomen, flash, etc on pushback id be hella happy
dabearscq on both systems
Sure thing. I'll add you in a bit. Not at home.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
What's DDs least favourable MU?
Besides your martian? Anyone who gets out of earthshaker free or has a good parry.
Killer frost is probly the worst. Catwoman sucks, flash players are a problem, banes venom damage wins in trades. Honestly though, theres not one matchup where i think "man, i just cant beat this character"
edit..black adam sucks bigtime too, and superman eliminates our trait which sucks.

doomsday zod is 6-4 in zods favor, the first hit is a huge determinant

also the maps are a huge determinant

f2 trait f2 trait shuts down dds trait but you want to try and get trait out when doomsday doesnt have his trait, instant airs completely shut down dd when he doesnt have meter, when he does have meter dd can teleport but you can mb b3 on reaction during instant airs... at the highest level zod wins

pistols are a good checking options it all comes down to meter and guessing

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Any tips on handling DD mirrors?
Learn another character. DD mirrors are really god awful.

If that's not an option, your best bet is to learn how to defend against your own moves. Just gotta outplay the other one.

Try and make them use their trait before you use yours, that way you can get in easier and not have to worry about much.

Espio

Kokomo
I'm a noob Doomsday compared to a lot of people here, but is it just me or is the Flash really frustrating to deal with? Feels like he blows up trait, the damage disparity plus you can't really keep him out and he can shake shoulder I think this happened during a long set I was having with a Flash main yesterday. His footsies seem like they're probably better too and obviously better mix ups.

I did okay and kept the matches competitive/won a decent amount, but maybe there's some crucial stuff I'm missing on how to check Flash.

I appreciate any advice or help I can get, thanks!

Other than that, I haven't been having many problems with the roster so far that I'm super worried about.

Learn another character. DD mirrors are really god awful.

If that's not an option, your best bet is to learn how to defend against your own moves. Just gotta outplay the other one.

Try and make them use their trait before you use yours, that way you can get in easier and not have to worry about much.
We should run Doomsday mirrors though or Hawkgirl v.s. Doomsday lol.

Last edited:

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I'm a noob Doomsday compared to a lot of people here, but is it just me or is the Flash really frustrating to deal with? Feels like he blows up trait, the damage disparity plus you can't really keep him out and he can shake shoulder I think this happened during a long set I was having with a Flash main yesterday.

I did okay and kept the matches competitive/won a decent amount, but maybe there's some crucial stuff I'm missing on how to check Flash.

I appreciate any advice or help I can get, thanks!

Other than that, I haven't been having many problems with the roster so far that I'm super worried about.

We should run Doomsday mirrors though or Hawkgirl v.s. Doomsday lol.

Flash touches you and half of your bar is gone.. Its a tough mu... Not impossible to win but Flash has the edge in quite a few areas

E

Eldriken

@Espio The Flash is definitely not a favorable MU for Doomsday. Not at all. You can't pressure him on wake up at all due to his stupid wake ups, you don't really have anything to check him with that I can really think of and all sorts of other stupid crap. He's not as bad of a MU as Killer Frost, however.

Also, Doomsday mirrors? You would probably beat me considering you stomp me with Hawkgirl and she's just as braindead (if not more :p) than Doomsday.

Espio

Kokomo
@Espio The Flash is definitely not a favorable MU for Doomsday. Not at all. You can't pressure him on wake up at all due to his stupid wake ups, you don't really have anything to check him with that I can really think of and all sorts of other stupid crap. He's not as bad of a MU as Killer Frost, however.

Also, Doomsday mirrors? You would probably beat me considering you stomp me with Hawkgirl and she's just as braindead (if not more :p) than Doomsday.
I feel better about it then haha, I was having a hard time sustaining pressure on him, I was able to get a couple wake up reversals but those were very rare. I'll have to do some labbing, maybe I can come up with something to help.

I actually did well versus Cyus when we played KF versus Doomsday, but I'm guessing he just didn't have the Doomsday exp? I don't doubt that match up is one of the hardest for him though. Just on paper it seems really rough with her ability to full combo punish venom with parry easily among other things.

Hawkgirl is classy and elegant, not braindead :cool:.

Let's play this weekend, I'll spare us both the mirror lol.

E

Eldriken

I feel better about it then haha, I was having a hard time sustaining pressure on him, I was able to get a couple wake up reversals but those were very rare. I'll have to do some labbing, maybe I can come up with something to help.

I actually did well versus Cyus when we played KF versus Doomsday, but I'm guessing he just didn't have the Doomsday exp? I don't doubt that match up is one of the hardest for him though. Just on paper it seems really rough with her ability to full combo punish venom with parry easily among other things.

Hawkgirl is classy and elegant, not braindead :cool:.

Let's play this weekend, I'll spare us both the mirror lol.
He must not have much (if any) Doomsday experience then. You can't d1 after a blocked slide 'cause she can parry it or go for MB f3. I mean, that's all I really have issues against her with. But the only KF I ever struggle against is @Rickyraws. But that's due to the fact that his KF is in a league of her own.

But we can do the mirror. I used to absolutely detest them and simply leave if someone picked Doomsday, but I grew out of that. I just try and show them that my Doomsday is better than theirs. :p The only one who has really proven me otherwise in the mirror is @killanator90, but we only met once in a ranked match and it was really damn close. I haven't mirrored @SonicBoomBrad 'cause we both agreed when we play that we don't do that to one another 'cause it's really kinda pointless. :p

What time (EST for me) this weekend would be good?

Espio

Kokomo
He must not have much (if any) Doomsday experience then. You can't d1 after a blocked slide 'cause she can parry it or go for MB f3. I mean, that's all I really have issues against her with. But the only KF I ever struggle against is @Rickyraws. But that's due to the fact that his KF is in a league of her own.

But we can do the mirror. I used to absolutely detest them and simply leave if someone picked Doomsday, but I grew out of that. I just try and show them that my Doomsday is better than theirs. :p The only one who has really proven me otherwise in the mirror is @killanator90, but we only met once in a ranked match and it was really damn close. I haven't mirrored @SonicBoomBrad 'cause we both agreed when we play that we don't do that to one another 'cause it's really kinda pointless. :p

I was doing sweep, throw and jump back after blocked slide to blow up parry attempts and other things. I never did down 1 into anything until I had mixed him up a lot. I'm not an expert on the match up with Doomsday yet, but I have a decent understanding of her meta with other characters and I suppose I was just making good reads coupled with that lol, but like I said I can tell it's not an easy match up for him despite doing well.

I dunno sometimes after 5pm est sounds good, just let me know when.

E

Eldriken

I was doing sweep, throw and jump back after blocked slide to blow up parry attempts and other things. I never did down 1 into anything until I had mixed him up a lot. I'm not an expert on the match up with Doomsday yet, but I have a decent understanding of her meta with other characters and I suppose I was just making good reads coupled with that lol, but like I said I can tell it's not an easy match up for him despite doing well.

I dunno sometimes after 5pm est sounds good, just let me know when.
That's the issue I have. I don't always go for a d1 after a blocked slide, but it's such a stupid guessing game after blocking it. Keep blocking? Attempt a throw? Sweep? Raw Earth Shake? I guess I could try jumping back and hope they don't react with another slide. >.<

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

Whenever my opponent chooses Doomsday, Lex, Sinestro or Frost, I can't help but smile. The former because of how challenging it is for them from a design standpoint in the MU, the former because try as they may, no one has beaten me in the Frost mirror. In fact even bosses in Dark Souls are falling left and right to the Killer Frost character I made in the game. Guess she's just OP in every game she's in. Hope they add her to Tetris.

But I still think you might just have had a series of bad games, your DD is more than capable of beating Frost IMO

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Whenever my opponent chooses Doomsday, Lex, Sinestro or Frost, I can't help but smile. The former because of how challenging it is for them from a design standpoint in the MU, the former because try as they may, no one has beaten me in the Frost mirror. In fact even bosses in Dark Souls are falling left and right to the Killer Frost character I made in the game. Guess she's just OP in every game she's in. Hope they add her to Tetris.

But I still think you might just have had a series of bad games, your DD is more than capable of beating Frost IMO
I would beat you in the Frost mirror wuss boy