What's new

Tech Doomsday loses, Earthshaker punishable

Alright, so i have taken the time to find out a bitmore about this match up, and yes in light of this ES tech (intentional or not, its tech) DD could have major problems with this match up, but if I were a DD player and found this? I probably wouldn't have said a damn thing.

I am sure you can find ways to bait out his trait and punish him while its down.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Metzos
SonicBoomBrad

The two of you are probably the strongest Doomsday player that post on these boards, but I think you're very mistaken on this.

Please find a top Aquaman in your area and teach him this tech. I'm convinced that you'll realize that it makes the match up 7-3 or worse after that.

Can Ryu play without a Fireball? Can Zangief win without an SPD? Yes they can. But only if you already outskill the opponent by a significant margin. Against an Aquaman who's as good or better than you, this is a horrifically crippling disadvantage.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Every time dooms does an earthshaker against this character, he can almost take a bar of life in the right hands, its that bad, just saying :] and ES is where dooms true mixup is born. without respect of it characters are free to do anything really.
Dats racist dawg :joker:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wasn't saying to trade it, I was saying even you accidentally do hit him with an ES, you get most of the damage. Please actually read everything I said before you reply.
mother f*cker I don't care what your OP says, I am saying that everyone here is OK with ES leading to aquaman getting 47% and free oki. That seems perfectly ok. The f. A special move that in the frame data NRS SAYS IS SAFE. and you few say nah its ok its just aquaman and doomsday is still fine.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
mother f*cker I don't care what your OP says, I am saying that everyone here is OK with ES leading to aquaman getting 47% and free oki. That seems perfectly ok. The f. A special move that in the frame data NRS SAYS IS SAFE. and you few say nah its ok its just aquaman and doomsday is still fine.
This isn't that bad. Honestly. Yes it sucks. Yes it means you can't ES Aquaman when he has trait. But it's nowhere close to being as bad as you're making it seem. It doesn't make the match up 10-0, all it really does is make a current 5-5 a potential 6-4. Shit, even if you do mess up and accidentally ES Aqua when he has trait, you get most of the damage anyway since a majority of it comes from the first hit. Not to mention when I have trait up I don't have to care about this. Should it be fixed? Probably. But before we do that I'd like to fix the glitch that makes the low hit whiff on floating characters from a certain distance.
I understand how bad it is. I understand it makes a match up that was even, not even. But as someone who plays Doomsday at the highest level, it doesn't bother me as much as most of the community on here. I come from Street Fighter, where people don't bitch and complain every time something new comes out that could potentially be bad. I've already tweeted Tom Brady to play sets. As soon as I can play either him or Flawed I'll decide how bad this actually is. But I doubt it will be any different from what I already stated in that post. If you think not being able to ES hurts Doomsday, you don't understand my character as much as you think. MOST of my damage comes from Venom. Usually the only thing ES is good for, is getting the 3% chip and meter build off of a d1. It doesn't change the usefulness of d1. It doesn't change the fact that I can punish trident rush for 18% every time he does it with corner carry. It doesn't change the fact that Aquaman is screwed once I get him into the corner. And it doesn't change the fact that I once I knock Aquaman down, I can blow up every single option he has. Most of the time I hit someone with ES I only get around 2% anyway, since most competent people will block the overhead, resulting in them only taking a little bit of damage plus a knockdown that doesn't grant me any advantage. If you're really that confident about Aquaman destroying Doomsday, we can money match at NEC.

SonicBoomBrad
In Street fighter, the simple act of making one move to unsafe usually has drastic implications for the match up. Why does Fei Long beat Sagat so badly? Because he gets a free rekka off close blocked tiger shots. The fact that Sagat can't push Fei Long away with Tiger shots up close is fatal to his game, and the Sagat player has to make up it by significantly out thinking the Fei. Something so simple can lead to huge consequences.

You might get most of your damage from Venom, but without the meter build from ES, the only meter you're going to get for Ex Venom is from getting hit.

Doomsday's resource management is like a carefully stacked house of cards. Ex Venom is by far his best tool and is, by extension, his main damage dealer. But without ES, his meter building is crippled, and he loses one of the major rewards that the positional advantage from Ex Venom buys. The house of cards then falls apart.

I look forward to watching those money matches. Just wish I could get in on that action.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Metzos
SonicBoomBrad

The two of you are probably the strongest Doomsday player that post on these boards, but I think you're very mistaken on this.

Please find a top Aquaman in your area and teach him this tech. I'm convinced that you'll realize that it makes the match up 7-3 or worse after that.

Can Ryu play without a Fireball? Can Zangief win without an SPD? Yes they can. But only if you already outskill the opponent by a significant margin. Against an Aquaman who's as good or better than you, this is a horrifically crippling disadvantage.
DD is not only d1xxES when up close. If people still believe that, then all i have to say to those people is to lvl up. Now, yes, this makes things harder for DD cause he cant build meter effectively, but there are other ways around it as well. You can always bait it with d1xxtrait, d1xxMB Venom, or just naked d1's. You can even do d1 and a naked ES afterwards to further fuck up the mentality of AM player, if he expects DD will cancel into ES after a blocked d1, or use the d1xxES blockstring while you have trait, and tada, you are safe. There are ways around it. With good mind games DD can survive this MU, even with this find. This find presents a problem for DD, sure, but there is no way in hell that the MU is 10-0 as i have read in some previous posts or even a 7-3. Imo its still 5-5.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Once again people in this community straight up embarrass themselves proving that people cant even play the damn game on a basic level

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've tried it in matches against Brad a lot and the tech is super inconsistent. Based on the spacing and normals used before the Earthshaker, the punish whiffs, even B12.

I was getting blown up a lot last night for that.

JDM

Noob
big deal your earthshaker gets punished in ONE match. this is just another bad match. no reason to complain about it and cry for buffs / fixes / whatever. its aquamans design and just the things he can do other characters cant. play doomsday without relying so much on earthshaker when he has trait on. learn to bait it and grind the match. simple. and how do you think chars like joker feel vs dd? prob same as how you feel aquaman. its called match ups...
Good shit.

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Aquaman's trait not only gets you out of combos for free, but it can also make unsafe things you do safe as well as make safe things your opponent do unsafe. you can preemptively use the trait if you know someone is going to frame trap you. Dizzy made a thread in the AM forums about this very topic. It is NOT a glitch. Thats just how is trait works.