What's new

Tech Doomsday loses, Earthshaker punishable

Hello fellow injustice players,
Glitch:

Insayne has discovered a HUGE glitch in this matchup that makes a 10-0 in Aquamans favor, if DD does Earthshaker(overhead,low) which is safe against everyone else in the game. All Aquaman has to do is hold down and press trait on reaction to it. He takes the first hit which is an overhead for 2% and blocks the low, but the glitch is that on hit Earthshaker's frame data changes and there is less frame advantage on the 2nd hit which is a knockdown. THIS makes it completely unsafe because aquaman can block just the 2nd hit and do a full combo punish. Bam 10-0.

Fix

NRS please make both hits knockdown, the 1st hit needs to be a knockdown and have enough frame advantage to compensate for entire move to complete and still be + on knockdown and the 2nd hit doesn't need to be changed. Also make both hits do the same dmg because both hits knockdown DD will not be able to combo it so if only the 1st hit connects it would only do 2% undercurrent conditions instead of the normal 12% if both connect or the 10% if just the 2nd hit connects. This won't change the character, the fight against any other character, and/or break the Aqua-DD matchup which DD already loses, it would only fix this particular glitch that makes this matchup the games only legitimate 10-0.

P.S.
Hope this is temporary if not, you guys will win this match for free forever. PSS I have been told this was completely unintentional if this is incorrect please get a dev to tell me otherwise.

Sincerely,

PTH Keyser Soze

EDITED BY ZAF*

Thank you Zaf and maker of the video, I am taking this chance to clear up a couple misconceptions about what I am trying to say with this thread.
1. I know how Am trait works. The primary design implement is to let him escape grounded combos.
2. What I am trying to say is that the secondary characteristic of him taking the first hit of a multi hit special (ie. Earthshaker at the very least) and blocking the rest to exploit the on hit frames of the move to punish is an UN-intentional GLITCH. I can't quote my source as I am not sure if I have permission but I have been told that the developers did NOT want or know about this being in the game. Hence Please FIX.

Sincerely,

PTH Keyser Soze

big deal your earthshaker gets punished in ONE match. this is just another bad match. no reason to complain about it and cry for buffs / fixes / whatever. its aquamans design and just the things he can do other characters cant. play doomsday without relying so much on earthshaker when he has trait on. learn to bait it and grind the match. simple. and how do you think chars like joker feel vs dd? prob same as how you feel aquaman. its called match ups...

Idk how him being able to punish one move makes it a 10 - 0 match up but it definitely should be looked at as it sounds fairly unintentional.

Edit: I should note i am not familiar with that match up at all.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

big deal your earthshaker gets punished in ONE match. this is just another bad match. no reason to complain about it and cry for buffs / fixes / whatever. its aquamans design and just the things he can do other characters cant. play doomsday without relying so much on earthshaker when he has trait on. learn to bait it and grind the match. simple. and how do you think chars like joker feel vs dd? prob same as how you feel aquaman. its called match ups...
This is a glitch that I am sure all Doomsday players and people who respect game balance would like fixed. If you can't handle that it is not my problem. Tom Brady is a top notch Aquaman, this only benefits him but I am sure he would like it fixed just as much as any other glitch.

This is a glitch that I am sure all Doomsday players and people who respect game balance would like fixed. If you can't handle that it is not my problem. Tom Brady is a top notch Aquaman, this only benefits him but I am sure he would like it fixed just as much as any other glitch.
its not a glitch. if you block the low part on earth shaker when it hits hes punishable. thats just how it works. its called aquamans trait. what about batgirls bf3? on block its safe but if aquaman gets hit by first hit and uses trait to block last hit batgirl eats full combo. do you see batgirl players making threads saying "FIX THIS NRS!!!!" no. because thats just how aquamans trait works...

Here is what I am saying, 1. it is a glitch 2. the matchup is already bad 7-3 at best, now after this I would say it is almost non-winnable if not completely non-winnable which = 10-0.

zaf

professor
yea that is it exactly 187x.

Seems that this is how aquaman works.
Remeber how Green latern works in mkvsdc? Get hit on purpose to get a breaker combo ?
Seems like aquaman just figured out how to punish DD even more so.

Get hit on purpose, trait, then punish.

PTH Keyzer Soze
Seems like this is how the game is supposed to work. Sucks I know, but that is aquaman for you.
You will need to find alternative ways to win this MU now. You can still use earthshaker when Aquaman trait is on cooldown.

Here is what I am saying, 1. it is a glitch 2. the matchup is already bad 7-3 at best, now after this I would say it is almost non-winnable if not completely non-winnable which = 10-0.
even joker doesnt have any unwinnable matches. your character is better then joker and has life way better then joker. youre just crying over spilt milk. if you cant adapt to the tech then go find a new character or just stop playing

7L

Heads up!

Sooooo aquaman's trait, that allows him to block if he's still on the ground after being hit, is a glitch now?

187x

Noob
It's not a glitch do you even know how Aquamans trait works? Please look at my comment stop being silly. It would be a glitch if Aquaman didn't have to use trait and just hold down. Its tech.

zaf

professor
@EVERYONE

Let us not ridicule the man for not understanding the trait.
But let us be kind and help him to understand the trait.

Giving a man fish, he will keep coming back.
Give a man a fishing pole, he will fish himself.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
@EVERYONE

Let us not ridicule the man for not understanding the trait.
But let us be kind and help him to understand the trait.

Giving a man fish, he will keep coming back.
Give a man a fishing pole, he will fish himself.
i thought it was give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him for a life time.

zaf

professor
Let us explain to him why trait works the way it does, without making this personal.
or bringing his personal life into a forum for games.
If he had a mindset of how it worked, he was wrong. Thats fine
but bringing his mother, grandmother, spouse/lover is shit i do not want to see.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wait, why is this as intended, when ES is safe on everything not Supes super? Unless I'm missing something, like ES being even more negative than that.