What's new

Tech Doomsday loses, Earthshaker punishable

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Hopefully it helps some of you understand as to why this happens.
Yeah, that's definitely what's happening. So multi-hitting ground specials that get blocked after the first hit connects by AM trait are subject to the game thinking the move hit, and you will not be freed until the "on hit" animation is played out. It is sort of a glitch, but not something that should be "fixed", imo. I would just call this glitchy tech.

Won't be able to test this for a few hours, but if REO's explanation is correct, then it should apply to other multi hitting special moves that are normally safe on block as well. Bane's double punch, for example. Anyone wanna test what other moves this tech works on?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
even joker doesnt have any unwinnable matches. your character is better then joker and has life way better then joker. youre just crying over spilt milk. if you cant adapt to the tech then go find a new character or just stop playing

Yo characters have different life bars? gs

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
As a Doomsday player I have two thoughts on this.

1) Yes this is bad news for Doomsday in the matchup. It is good tech for Aquaman players, and we Doomsday players will have to figure something out for this.

2) The complaint from the OP was that Aquamans trait makes a safe move, on hit, unsafe...so...just like how when Doomsday has his trait up he can get hit by normally safe moves or cancels and make them unsafe for the opponent??? Sounds to me like it is working as intended, we are just getting a taste of our own medicine, and is just bad luck for Doomy.

The Doomy community will just need to find a work around. No need to freak out. Our trait works the same way essentially.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
This should be fixed. And also, I agree with OP about both hits doing the same damage. Like 6+6 instead of 10+2.

Wait, why is this as intended, when ES is safe on everything not Supes super? Unless I'm missing something, like ES being even more negative than that.
Aquaman's trait is basically a combo breaker. Doomsday's trait counts as two hits so if the AM player is blocking low and activates trait before ES hits, then the game reads the hit as having connected since the first hit connects but the second( low knockdown) is blocked. This allows the AM player to punish since ES, on hit, won't allow DD to attack again for longer after it hits against the trait when ES connects.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
To the people saying use something other than earth shaker, you're wrong in most situations. You should always be doing ES after a d1. It's 3% chip guaranteed with very good meter build. It forces your opponent to block. And it's one of Doomsday's key pressure tools to keep his psychological momentum up. It is not, however, the only thing you should be doing. But it is his main pressure tool.

This isn't that bad. Honestly. Yes it sucks. Yes it means you can't ES Aquaman when he has trait. But it's nowhere close to being as bad as you're making it seem. It doesn't make the match up 10-0, all it really does is make a current 5-5 a potential 6-4. Shit, even if you do mess up and accidentally ES Aqua when he has trait, you get most of the damage anyway since a majority of it comes from the first hit. Not to mention when I have trait up I don't have to care about this. Should it be fixed? Probably. But before we do that I'd like to fix the glitch that makes the low hit whiff on floating characters from a certain distance.

I like what you have to say but as I said in the OP the first hit I believe only does 2% and the low does 10% so in fact since all he has to do is hold down you only net 3% on him (2% for overhead 1% for chip fron the 2nd hit) then DD loses a full combos worth dmg and if the AM is smart he will finish the combo at fullscreen. The impact is significant. Tom Brady.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I like what you have to say but as I said in the OP the first hit I believe only does 2% and the low does 10% so in fact since all he hss to do is hold down you only 3% on him (2% for overhead 1% for chip fron the 2nd hit) then DD loses a full combos worth dmg and if the AM is smart he will finish the combo at fullscreen. The impact is significant. Tom Brady.
10% from the overhead, 1.90% from the low. If only the low hits, he gets 2% from the low, but that's only from the range where the overhead whiffs. (This is what doesn't work on floaty characters)

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
This isn't that bad. Honestly. Yes it sucks. Yes it means you can't ES Aquaman when he has trait. But it's nowhere close to being as bad as you're making it seem. It doesn't make the match up 10-0, all it really does is make a current 5-5 a potential 6-4. Shit, even if you do mess up and accidentally ES Aqua when he has trait, you get most of the damage anyway since a majority of it comes from the first hit.
Trading first hit of ES with 47% and free oki? crazy

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Every time dooms does an earthshaker against this character, he can almost take a bar of life in the right hands, its that bad, just saying :] and ES is where dooms true mixup is born. without respect of it characters are free to do anything really.

I don't know why it seems to be such a big problem to ask for something unintentional to be fixed. As soon as I get permission I will quote my source but if a Developer could step in here and weigh in on whether or not this was intentional that would clear this mess up. I mean if it was intentional leave it alone if it wasn't please fix that's all.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If one more prrson says a f*cking thing about calling it a glitch im puttin negros on blast. Point is its retarded and further prooves nrs cannot successfully make fighting games.

Zenrot

Noob
There are multiple hits in this game that ONLY Aquaman can block, such as extra hits that only come out on a MB'd hit or in this case only the 2nd hit of Earthshaker. There are also multiple moves in this game that have different recovery based on hit or block. It's definitely not unintentional, and while it's a shitty matchup caused by generally shitty game design, I think its pretty ridiculous to ask for it to be patched. In other fighting games this is "tech". In Injustice this is "game breaking glitch". Guys...

Edit: It's probably not even that simple to fix, it's likely an intended keep DD from being able to combo after a normal Earthshaker. The only way that would make sense to fix it is to have it register its hit or block status on hit two.

Edit Edit: Also, you can't cite a non-dev as your source to wether or not something is intentional. If a dev needs to debunk intentional or not, a dev also needs to provide the initial evidence. Top players in the past have said they had stuff on word from NRS and it ended up not happening, so its hard for me to take them seriously on things like intentional/unintentional game design.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Yes this is a problem . Smart aqaman player knowing this will just wait for DD to do ES just to punish it for 40%. DD is not combo character co its perfect use for aqamans trait in this MU .

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Dont know if this is intentional or not, but, LOL at people who believe that DD loses the MU just because of that...

It is not just because of that move alone, but not being able to do es is indeed a large roadblock regardless of matchup. This CANNOT be denied.