What's new

Tech Doomsday loses, Earthshaker punishable

zaf

professor
Wait, why is this as intended, when ES is safe on everything not Supes super? Unless I'm missing something, like ES being even more negative than that.

I think what is happening is after the first hit of ES you get hit on purpose, immediately trait.
After you trait, I believe DD is still in recovery frames and getting hit.

Wait, why is this as intended, when ES is safe on everything not Supes super? Unless I'm missing something, like ES being even more negative than that.
do a earthshake on block then do a earthshake on hit. notice the difference in recovery before doomsday can move?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
okay i found the source of the problem here, OP is right, when regular earth shaker is blocked, both hits overhead and low, its completely safe on block, and has massive push back, its only -1 on block. BUT when used against aquamans trait, when you just block low, and not the overhead, the overhead hits but the low is blocked, but here is the thing it doesn't give him the push back, nor does it retain the properties if both were blocked. you can test this yourself by recording DD walking up on you and doing an earth shaker, block it normally with AM and try to punish with b1, now just block the earth shaker by preemptively traiting up and hold down, now try to b1, it works. so not only does doomsday not get a mix up because MB ES is also low, but now he can just block low and avoid any mix up and full combo punish him for it. but it doesn't mean its a 10 - 0 MU imo, just don't do ES and if you have to, do MB ES or only do it when he doesn't have trait.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think what is happening is after the first hit of ES you get hit on purpose, immediately trait.
After you trait, I believe DD is still in recovery frames and getting hit.
That shouldn't work that way, if ES is safe on block on the second hit. Frame data should just be the exact same.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
That shouldn't work that way, if ES is safe on block on the second hit. Frame data should just be the exact same.
i think it works kind of like Harleys tantrum stance cartwheel, when blocked while ducking its safe on block or at least safe against pokes, not supers or anything, but if blocked standing anything faster than 8 frames can punish it. maybe since the overhead is hitting, its not accounting for the low to be blocked alone since its impossible to do that without AM trait.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'm not sure this is actually a glitch. Maybe because he takes the first hit there is less pushback causing it not to be safe? Is that a possibility? I don't know...

Shoot I just saw Zyphox post the same thing...

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Most of this thread is why I have come to dislike this site.

1. OP posting about how one move not being able to be used all the time makes the MU 10-0

2. A bunch of lames in the comments not taking the time to read what the OP wrote and understand what the thread was even about. "Lets just blow the guy up without taking time to even check if he was right, nobody could possibly know something we dont"

3. The never ending circle jerk that is a bunch of lames seeing an opportunity to get a punchline in without lending anything useful to the thread.

Come on TYM :coffee:

Thank you @Zyphox for actually reading what was written and seeing if it held up, then lending something to the thread by giving a way around it.

187x

Noob

1. OP posting about how one move not being able to be used all the time makes the MU 10-0

2. A bunch of lames in the comments not taking the time to read what the OP wrote and understand what the thread was even about. "Lets just blow the guy up without taking time to even check if he was right, nobody could possibly know something we dont"

3. The never ending circle jerk that is a bunch of lames seeing an opportunity to get a punchline in without lending anything useful to the thread.

Thank you @Zyphox for actually reading what was written and seeing if it held up, then lending something to the thread by giving a way around it.
Nobody is blowing him up, Everybody listed the obvious why that happens "Thats Aquaman's trait for you"

Nobody is blowing him up, Everybody listed the obvious why that happens "Thats Aquaman's trait for you"
And everybody was wrong.

The fact that you still think that this was just an obvious case of AM's trait working as intended is an amazing show of thick headedness.

How was every one wrong? Thats the point of Aquaman's trait to stay safe.
Aquaman's trait breaks combos and let's him minimise the damage that opponents get when they punish him.

Afaik, it's NOT supposed to reduce the blockstun of moves that he is blocking, making safe moves unsafe against him.

What's happening here is akin to AM activating trait in the middle of getting hit by f23 breath and getting to punish the breath after blocking it.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector

Member since April... I agree, lots of folks prematurely condemning others. Dicks. I'd like to thank the op and mod. This is tech I was unaware of.

187x

Noob
Aquaman's trait breaks combos and let's him minimise the damage that opponents get when they punish him.

Afaik, it's NOT supposed to reduce the blockstun of moves that he is blocking, making safe moves unsafe against him.

What's happening here is akin to AM activating trait in the middle of getting hit by f23 breath and getting to punish the breath after blocking it.
thats Aquaman tech for you buddy.

Hello fellow injustice players,

Glitch:

Insayne has discovered a HUGE glitch in this matchup that makes a 10-0 in Aquamans favor, if DD does Earthshaker(overhead,low) which is safe against everyone else in the game. All Aquaman has to do is hold down and press trait on reaction to it. He takes the first hit which is an overhead for 2% and blocks the low, but the glitch is that on hit Earthshaker's frame data changes and there is less frame advantage on the 2nd hit which is a knockdown. THIS makes it completely unsafe because aquaman can block just the 2nd hit and do a full combo punish. Bam 10-0.

Fix

NRS please make both hits knockdown, the 1st hit needs to be a knockdown and have enough frame advantage to compensate for entire move to complete and still be + on knockdown and the 2nd hit doesn't need to be changed. Also make both hits do the same dmg because both hits knockdown DD will not be able to combo it so if only the 1st hit connects it would only do 2% undercurrent conditions instead of the normal 12% if both connect or the 10% if just the 2nd hit connects. This won't change the character, the fight against any other character, and/or break the Aqua-DD matchup which DD already loses, it would only fix this particular glitch that makes this matchup the games only legitimate 10-0.

P.S.
Hope this is temporary if not, you guys will win this match for free forever. PSS I have been told this was completely unintentional if this is incorrect please get a dev to tell me otherwise.

Sincerely,

PTH Keyser Soze
thanks for the new tech bra<3

187x

Noob
So you're telling me that Aquaman's trait consistently reduces his BLOCKSTUN, allowing him to consistently punish moves that are otherwise safe on block?
Why do i keep repeating my self. I'm telling you thats Aquaman tech for you. But you clearly don't know what that means..
I have a feeling your a doomsday player...

Since I'm a nice person here is more tech on the aquaman mu. Aquaman can punish doomsday wakeups with a well timed from the deep. in b4 OMG ITS A GLITCH Kappa.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I'm a doomsday player and I only understood 1 thing from this thread: nerf Aquaman :p

Why do i keep repeating my self. I'm telling you thats Aquaman tech for you. But you clearly don't know what that means..
I have a feeling your a doomsday player...
The word tech is meaningless if you don't understand how the tech works.

Can you please explain, in detail, how this tech works and why it's legit? Use words like 'block stun', 'hit stun', 'float state' and 'spacing'. Extra points if you can provide some kind of frame count.

Can you? Or are you satisfied to just say 'it's new tech. Sucks to be a doomsday player, lol'

The question is a simple one.

The second hit of DD's ES is -1 in block. Why does an Aquaman trait activation in the middle of ES's two hits change this, when AM's trait is not supposed to affect the blockstun he is put in, only his hitstun?