What's new

General/Other Doomsday is OP.

Doomsday OP?

• Total voters

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
I posted this on KF nerf post I think it warrents here...

nerfs on a 4 day old game? :confused:
You haven't even had time to really TRY and counter it. Let's see.... Batman should only always be able to call one bat but only once per match... deathstroke shouldn't be able to shoot in the air... KF should only slide backwards... solomon grundy shouldn't be able to dash... Doomsday should die if he doesn't kill someone after his armor is activated. supes should get kryptonite poisoning after every heat blast... black adam should age 5000 years and die if he does his super... catwoman should fight naked... (sigh) whiners

I posted this on KF nerf post I think it warrents here...

nerfs on a 4 day old game? :confused:
You haven't even had time to really TRY and counter it. Let's see.... Batman should only always be able to call one bat but only once per match... deathstroke shouldn't be able to shoot in the air... KF should only slide backwards... solomon grundy shouldn't be able to dash... Doomsday should die if he doesn't kill someone after his armor is activated. supes should get kryptonite poisoning after every heat blast... black adam should age 5000 years and die if he does his super... catwoman should fight naked... (sigh) whiners
why shouldnt grundy fight naked too?

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
If Doomsday is so OP then why don't you just play as him? Hate people who are like "OMG OP CHARACTER N3RF THAM!". If he is so good, why don't you just use him?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Just because someone is good doesn't mean they are fun to use, and video games about fun.

That said, Doomsday is fun as hell.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
If Doomsday is so OP then why don't you just play as him? Hate people who are like "OMG OP CHARACTER N3RF THAM!". If he is so good, why don't you just use him?
why indeed! i tried some diff chars at a local tourney, lost to 2 of my friends playing doomsday, including one who had barely touched the game. they both lost to a local deathstroke player, who won the tourney. then afterwards in casuals i beat the winner of the tourney pretty easily with simple doomsday stuff. good advice

but all things aside doomsday is a day 1 monster if ive ever seen one. the match of reo vs killinator at civil war is proof of that. reo has way more time with the game, more knowledge of the game, and a higher skill player, but still managed to lose a match to killinators doomsday, and he didnt even use mb shoulder much (or at all?).

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
MODS! CLOSE THESE STUPID TROLL THREADS. This shit is seriously getting fucking annoying.

Edit: Ban their IPs while you're at it if they matched the previous ones

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
HELLO!!!!!?????!!!!!??? HE IS NOT THAT OP TO BE HONEST. I HAVE BEAT HIM NUMEROUS TIMES. HE CAN BE punished his air thing that he does or other things. JUST standing b3MB or standing f3Mb. You have to press all butons together. It has armor. If you are in the corner do. F3Mb since for most characters if not all their f3 seems to be faster than the B3. His corner combos might stop before you do b3Mb but you have a better chance with f3mb since its faster. Then you can retaliate with or combo (or if with joker for instance, a setup or something). Btw flash punishes him bad. I'm not sure but I think he db1 doomsday a specials. Plus his f3 is quick. So it's great if trapped in the corner. Btw do not charge your f3 or b3. I think it only has armor for a spilt second. Have fun!!!!

YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!

bc_atlas

Noob
Unless this game turns out vastly different than I expect it to, Doomsday will probably be solid B tier. He has pitiful long/mid-long range options and seems very meter dependent, while at the same time not being great at building it. He's good, but not that good.

why indeed! i tried some diff chars at a local tourney, lost to 2 of my friends playing doomsday, including one who had barely touched the game. they both lost to a local deathstroke player, who won the tourney. then afterwards in casuals i beat the winner of the tourney pretty easily with simple doomsday stuff. good advice

but all things aside doomsday is a day 1 monster if ive ever seen one. the match of reo vs killinator at civil war is proof of that. reo has way more time with the game, more knowledge of the game, and a higher skill player, but still managed to lose a match to killinators doomsday, and he didnt even use mb shoulder much (or at all?).
Funny you say this. Picked up Doomsday, went 40-2 in KOTH last night. A 15 streak and a 25 streak. All Doomsday. I wasnt even doing combos of more than 4 hits, they could not understand it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Doomsday requires too much meter to effectively stop him, unless you have a character with meterless armor or can deal with his options well. He'll be really powerful, but imagine him being like ST Honda...great in matchups where the opponent doesn't limit his way in, awful in matchups where they do.