What's new

General/Other Doomsday is OP.

Doomsday OP?

• Total voters

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Damn guys....he was just asking a question. I hope he's like SonicFox (being so young) and bodies everyone. But yes, as everyone else put it, it's simply to early to tell.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
This is the exact kind of thinking that ruined characters in MK9 who were never that good in the first place. Don't make a judgement based on a demo.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
As a future Doomsday main this thread pleases me.

But in all seriousness Doomsday is NOT OP...at all.... just trust me on this one....

Top 5 IMO, yes, Kabal status... not even close.

What the The Nightingale is basing this on is his experience with the input reading AI.... give anybody the ability to read inputs and they will be "OP"
Tiering characters this soon is as absurd as demanding bans, nerfs and buffs already.

There was a time when Kano was considered Top 10. Think about that before saying a character is Top Anything.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Tiering characters this soon is as absurd as demanding bans, nerfs and buffs already.

There was a time when Kano was considered Top 10. Think about that before saying a character is Top Anything.
Jesus Christ, can anybody have a fucking opinion on this site?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Guys, Guys, can we all agree Doomsday needs a buff... seriously.....
not before checking the playable version of the character ..... anyway, this game looks more balanced than MK9 .... everyone has huge damage potential and a bag of dirty gameplay tricks, so, IGAU = fair .... hehe :D:p

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Jesus Christ, can anybody have a fucking opinion on this site?
You can, but thinking a character is Top even before the game is out for the masses or has had time to evolve isn't good in the long run. If he is he will nerfed, if he wasn't you will be severly disappointed.

Fractured_Shadow

You can, but thinking a character is Top even before the game is out for the masses or has had time to evolve isn't good in the long run. If he is he will nerfed, if he wasn't you will be severly disappointed.
Why would he be nerfed is he was top 5?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
1) I can't believe this thread is allowed to exist.

2) I'm going to be the condensing asshole and condense a quote from myself from about 11 days ago, before Cossner got credit for starting the anti-bitching campaign:

2) LOL @ anyone saying any aspect of anything is "too weak/strong/good/bad/slow/fast/broken" at this point. Seriously. El-oh-goddamn-motherfuckin'-EL.
  • 2a) And preemptive LOL @ anyone saying any aspect of anything is "too weak/strong/good/bad/slow/fast/broken" at any time BEFORE at least six months after April 16th. Are people's memories seriously this short? No one remembers that when MK9 came out we had a largely good game with a challenging and promising metagame that was turned into rock/paper/scissors on the shortbus in the shortest order possible because dickhead scrubs thought they knew what was broken in less than three months after release despite not having a) competitive experience or b) a general clue.
How about we all take a blood-oath to actually let what could quite possibly be the most brutally awesome fighter ever made actually have a chance to develop a real metagame before we launch campaigns to implement huge changes like dash-cancels? Please? PLEASE?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Lol at this thread.

From what folks saw on the stream Doomsday is manageable and its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to tell who is good or not because folks dont' know the games tech well yet. What punishes what, how to move vs certain characters or in certain stages to maximize your options through screen positioning, how hard it is to maximize a combo, how to manage meter properly to get the most out of your dude, how to properly setup meter for clash without restricting your meter play before it...none of these things are explored. Just lightly glanced over currently.

Give every character time folks. Remember...in Vanilla Marvel vs Capcom 3 Phoenix was called "Freenix" and laughed at for months...then folks learned how to build meter teams for her and use her. She dominated and won EVO. Phoenix teams ripped through pools worse than any other setup.

NOTHING is predictable yet. Keep that in mind.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think i've seen a thread started by myself with the tittle "Doomsday will make the children cry" well... wtf i'm reminding myself off...

OH WAIT....:confused:

TONY-T

Mad scientist
im a doomsday player. he isnt overpowered, hes just cheap. Out of all the characters in this game, he and deathstroke would be the ones that newbs could get cheap wins off. Especially online..

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
i main doomsday, sure he can be a bully. but once people learn how to block and deal with his pressure , i he will not be that great. Good but not great

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Once I figured out his strings/setups and how to punish super nova and venom, doomsday isn't a big deal.

Fractured_Shadow

im a doomsday player. he isnt overpowered, hes just cheap. Out of all the characters in this game, he and deathstroke would be the ones that newbs could get cheap wins off. Especially online..
In the realm of cheap with Injustice, Doomsday is nowhere near the top.... Grundy with his WCC, Killer Frost with her meterless 65% combos into totally safe 50/50 resets is just the tip of the iceberg.... now THOSE are cheap.