What's new

Strategy - Unstoppable Does unstoppables revive actually hurt him??

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
So we were thinking about captain low tie... Scratch that jason, and his unstoppable buff sacrifices up to 3 bars for 20 percent life.

Most of the time this isn't worth it.

If your opponent has 40 percent life and kills you round 1 or 2, you can never save meter for the next round. If you have 2 bars odds are you are just throwing it away in these types of situations. It's really only good round 3 or when you have 0 bars and/or its clos.

Should players have the option to input the revive??
esea

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Why is Jason's shoulder a high? >=O
Yeah I feel like that really hurts him. Full screen you can just duck and be safe vs Jason. Although it does catch people out of the air pretty consistently which is good. At least his Machete Throw hits mid, so that can't be ducked.

Now on topic, I don't think it's that bad. It actually saved my ass and got me the win quite often, so I think it kinda depends on the player. There's many factors to it. I definitely wouldn't just rule it out.

I found out today that jason can be hit out of his armored walk move during the start up which cancels the effect and can be combo'd, so scratch being able to use it as a mix up pressure tool lol

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I haven't played Jason yet, but it would seem that if you have 3 meters at the end of a round, you may be doing it wrong. Unless you are going for an X-ray, or intentionally banking off the resurrection (both options are probably not winning strategies), you should be using you meter to either get damage, or MB your healing factor.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Should players have the option to input the revive??
I think there should be an option. Unlike TJ in Killer Instinct, or Phoenix in UMvC3, MKX has rounds and the revival works once each round (iirc). So I think there definitely should be an option, with like a 5 second window after you "die".

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
we already found the only

unstoppable does not have the armor buff .
he does have a heal buff for about 5% and dmg buff which for some reason can both be ex with no actual increase probably a bug

If i'm not mistaken his ex buffs both activate faster and his heal heals faster? Also he was referring to the armored clothesline in unstoppable. He knows Killing Machine isn't in Unstop.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Making a comeback from unstoppable = The Ultimate Rage.

Honestly, I get hype and salty just thinking about it.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I feel unstoppable is his second best variation after slasher.

While this is true two many characters play the same in multiple variations despite their supposed differences. Jason for example plays the exact same in unstoppable and relentless yet gets a damage buff and self healing that can be setup off most his combos. Relentless has a very easy to read punishable teleport and a gimmicky inverse control special that takes too long to setup and at the same time has below average damage output when compared to his other two forms.
It's early, but I agree. I want to be careful here, but my early impression is that Relentless is very likely his weakest variation for the reasons you suggested.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
we already found the only

unstoppable does not have the armor buff .
he does have a heal buff for about 5% and dmg buff which for some reason can both be ex with no actual increase probably a bug
False. The EX version provides a substantial increase in damage over the regular version.

As an example, his regular throw does 20% with regular punishment and 27%(!!!) with Ex-punishment.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
If i'm not mistaken his ex buffs both activate faster and his heal heals faster? Also he was referring to the armored clothesline in unstoppable. He knows Killing Machine isn't in Unstop.
Yep,

Ex-heal heals faster (adds .25% at a much faster rate) and Ex-damage deals way more damage. And both Ex versions have their recovery frames reduced from 44 to 38.

easy problem solve.... you keep the bars but you still gain the amount of health back depending on how may bars you have. maybe even take a slight damage debuff.

delbuster

hungry
instead of complaining about why something is a certain way, why not try to optimize what you are given?

he automatically loses all full stocks he has when he loses a round for some health. so find better ways to use those meters.

what he has in unstoppable is incredibly unique. cherish that.

kaseyk

Noob
Yep,

Ex-heal heals faster (adds .25% at a much faster rate) and Ex-damage deals way more damage. And both Ex versions have their recovery frames reduced from 44 to 38.
The heal may activate faster but it does not last longer and still only heals 5%

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Yes it does. But that's what you signed up for. Manage your meter before dying.

Or just play another variation. I'll stick with this 'cause it's hella cool. Dat Third Strike Gill "RESURRECTION!!"
Did someone say "RESURRECTION!"?

Trading meter for a 2nd chance for a win seems pretty damn fair to me, it would be a bit easy if I were to just resurrect and throw out an X-Ray for the win.

Sometimes ressurection is just about the worst thing other times it can give you the comeback. You gotta take the good with the bad and if you lose with 3 bars you'll most likely make back ~1 bar if you die afterwards. More if you use healing too. I think the real dynamic is trying to figure out when to breaker or not.
Ex. Do I breaker with 2 or 3 bars if I think it'll give me a better chance? If I breaker I can probably get a heal vs most characters allowing me to gain more bar and do more overall.

I kind of wish Unstoppable lost the damage buff in favor of armor and they gave relentless the damage buff instead because that would give me a chance to armor + heal and not have to worry about absorbing damage.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
some good points but almost every character has a shitter variations and as far as i can tell unstoppable is jasons and not having a choice if you want to rise or not and lose your meter sucks .

jason is fun for casual play but in competitive play hes real bad . just set dvorah to d4 repeat and you will see what i mean he has real bad footsie tools and damage is blah .
1) I doubt very seriously that unstoppable is Jason's worst variation.
2) I think it is utterly preposterous to definitively label a two day old character as being "real bad" in competitive play.

kaseyk

Noob
1) I doubt very seriously that unstoppable is Jason's worst variation.
2) I think it is utterly preposterous to definitively label a two day old character as being "real bad" in competitive play.
What does this variation have over the other 2?

Do you really think this character has the tools to beat any of the current top characters ?

I do not think he does . You are welcome to use him in tourny When ban is lifted but i'm positive you will lose .

Relentless actually gives Jason more damage the less health he has.
It isn't much but it's something.

I like all of his variations.

I did notice that if both players die at the first Round, you immediatly ressurects and loses all of your meter. Then the second round starts and you'll have no meter. Won't happen often but still.