What's new

Does He/She Need It?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Safety: Context. Only doing b1 2+4, F2, b31... this doesn't get you anywhere. Tanya's aren't doing his, man... you have to commit to ex tonfa which can be neutral ducked after your best string or armored or just straight up full combo punished . Either that or you're playing the rekka game. Which everyone thinks is so godlike for tanya but breaking it down it's... just okay. First rekka is -7, the second is -9 at least and if you can't backdash the third I don't what to tell you.

So not only isn't it Tanya's turn to push a button... she can be punished or armor if she staggers the second rekka, provided she wasn't armored between the first and the second. The first stagger rekka being -6, Tanya needs to armor to counter hit... and what's the result? To go for the reset setup for 11% into more ghetto -frames into armor pressure? Or if she wants to actually get damage launch them but then she's spending 2 bars for low 30%? How is that not low reward? Kotal Khan gets 32% for 1 bar for the same situation - minus frames into armor but he's even more safe than her. Smells like top 5 to me.

Now combine that with her gaps, trash meterless damage, her no-legit-mixups and meter dependency already spent pressuring you in the first place (just so you guys know, she has max 3 bars like everyone else, ) and you can't tell me this character is that good.

B2 is more than -7. btw it's closer to -11 And I alread explained why the b31 stagger is trash
Thats the problem, you are assuming you have to commit to something. You don't. Sometimes Ill do b1 2+4 and then do it again after. Why? Because you make them respect the rekka game(EVEN IF they punish them) and then they will wait for you to rekka which gives you an opportunity to do something else. Also, only doing b1 2+4 does a lot of chip damage, so saying that doesnt get you anywhere is kind of false.

As far as the reset setup goes it gets you 11% plus around 9-10% chip(b1 2+4 is guaranteed and you can just go for the first rekka and you should be safe unless they are Kung Lao, Cassie, etc.). I would never advise spending two bars for the combo when you can get lower for only one. Kotal Khans armor is not more safe than her, that makes zero sense. His EX OH Sword is more than -10 on block. EX rekka 2nd hit is -4.

You said yourself that you think she's top 10 yet you are talking like she is bottom 10. I could see her not being top 5 but she's certainly in the discussion.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
You referred to online randoms which is why I stated that I dont play offline. Plus a lot of these tactics I am saying worked against YOMI players who arguably have more Tanya experience than anyone(and they all played KL at the time too).

A bait's risk depends entirely on the character. Against certain characters that have exploitable gaps the risk is in her favor because even if they pressure she has a SAFE armored reversal to get out. There are very few characters that have an advantage pressuring Tanya if the Tanya player has done their homework and knows when to armor. EX rekkas are more than likely the reason she is top 5. They are one of the best Armored reversals in the game.

Ill have to test the backdash thing, thats interesting. But you dont have to take a risk on the first two hits because you can leave no gap between any of them and just MB the last one to be safe. Then after you do that a few times you can delay the 3rd one non-MB'd and get plus frames.
Safe armored reversal isn't unique to tanya. Also are you aware there's a gap you can armor through in the third ex rekka?

Zoidberg747

Safe armored reversal isn't unique to tanya. Also are you aware there's a gap you can armor through in the third ex rekka?
Yes. Its like a 1-2 frame gap that depends on how much you delay, unless they changed it last patch.

P.S. There is only 5 other characters with a safe armored reversal. Most of them being other top tiers. It isn't unique to Tanya but it sure as hell isn't a non-factor lol.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Thats the problem, you are assuming you have to commit to something. You don't. Sometimes Ill do b1 2+4 and then do it again after. Why? Because you make them respect the rekka game(EVEN IF they punish them) and then they will wait for you to rekka which gives you an opportunity to do something else. Also, only doing b1 2+4 does a lot of chip damage, so saying that doesnt get you anywhere is kind of false.

As far as the reset setup goes it gets you 11% plus around 9-10% chip(b1 2+4 is guaranteed and you can just go for the first rekka and you should be safe unless they are Kung Lao, Cassie, etc.). I would never advise spending two bars for the combo when you can get lower for only one. Kotal Khans armor is not more safe than her, that makes zero sense. His EX OH Sword is more than -10 on block. EX rekka 2nd hit is -4.

You said yourself that you think she's top 10 yet you are talking like she is bottom 10. I could see her not being top 5 but she's certainly in the discussion.
B1 2+4 into b1 2+4.... these are gimmicks. You can see the recovery of the move to know she's not cancelling and you a 15F window between to mash your pokes and guess what? It'll always beat Tanya's D1 cause it's got no range. Reset into B1 2+4 rekka is a little over 4% chip.

I got Kotal's overhead confused for his mid with the frame data, that's my bad. Still gets more damage than Tanya with it.

I said I could name 8 characters better than her, and that's with my limited knowledge of the cast. It's possible there's more

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yes. Its like a 1-2 frame gap that depends on how much you delay, unless they changed it last patch.
Delay it even a little and the gap is present and you bet your sweet bippy that's being armored. So spending a bar to be -2 or face getting armored/ backdashed/parried eating over 30% to be slightly plus...

Do i have to say it?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Only 5? Kitana, Jax, Cassie, Tanya, Kotal, Ferra/Torr, Ermac, Kung Jin, Kano, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Raiden and prob a couple other characters have safe, armored reversals.

@Zoidberg747

Zoidberg747

Only 5? Kitana, Jax, Cassie, Tanya, Kotal, Ferra/Torr, Ermac, Kung Jin, Kano, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Raiden and prob a couple other characters have safe, armored reversals.

@Zoidberg747
I obviously havent been keeping up with patch notes because a lot of that frame data is way different than I remember. But Ill concede.

We obviously have very different perceptions of the character and I don't think I am a good enough player to change your mind. I'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree about her effectiveness.

You may be right that she will fall to mid tier eventually, but I enjoy playing her and will continue to do so wherever she may end up(unless Baraka gets in obviously).

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I obviously havent been keeping up with patch notes because a lot of that frame data is way different than I remember. But Ill concede.

We obviously have very different perceptions of the character and I don't think I am a good enough player to change your mind. I'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree about her effectiveness.

You may be right that she will fall to mid tier eventually, but I enjoy playing her and will continue to do so wherever she may end up(unless Baraka gets in obviously).

I love the character it'a why I'm so critical of her. But I don't think she has the chops to win a major in this version of the game 100% Tanya all the way through. That's fine, but seeing all this salty upplaying towards Tanya cause nobody does their homework is wrong.

Hopefully our 10 page long discussion was informative to some.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
FC Cage needs something, to be better than variationless Johnny xD
Kenshi needs to stop being shit.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
B1 2+4 into b1 2+4.... these are gimmicks. You can see the recovery of the move to know she's not cancelling and you a 15F window between to mash your pokes and guess what? It'll always beat Tanya's D1 cause it's got no range. Reset into B1 2+4 rekka is a little over 4% chip.

I got Kotal's overhead confused for his mid with the frame data, that's my bad. Still gets more damage than Tanya with it.

I said I could name 8 characters better than her, and that's with my limited knowledge of the cast. It's possible there's more
Please stop engaging him. He doesn't even play Tanya and he knows not even the slightest of her frame data.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
The only tips og danimals can give you is how to never get a game off my kenshi with shinock. or tips on who's batman to avoid in injustice so you dont retire
Literally 1v1 me in bo3 zombies meight I already got r70 shadows of evil I'm paused rn ahhhhhh oolllllllllooooooooooo ugggggggggg