What's new

Doctor Fate Matchup Discussion

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I don't know man... i still think the superman matchup is pure AIDS! I REEEAALLY want too see you guys playing that MU with a very high level Superman... especially @OmGxBdON :(:(:(

bdon got any footages in that MU?

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
lol actually i got the perfect footage for u go to netherealms past broadcasts lol surprised u missed this
im pretty sure they've seen it. we're just all recovering from that hell ride of a match. Great Fate sir, great fate. But part of me wonders if that was you playing Fate or Nabu gaining complete control and Yugioh-ing your ass into corner of your mind lol

Bruno-NeoSpace

@OmGxBdON just watched all your matches... A M A Z I N G !!!

Geeezzz! You make Fate looks like god tier :D

i think kinetic predator played that MU kinda in the wrong way though... i think he should have tried to outzone you more :p

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Hey all you Fate mains; what's your opinion on the Darkseid and Firestorm match ups?
I'm a CatWoman main and I personally hate this match up, so was thinking of learning another character for it. I don't wanna use Deadshot or Supes either lol, but just judging from the tools they both have I think Darkseid and Firestorm can compete very well, maybe beat him? Idk, looking for your advice

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Hey all you Fate mains; what's your opinion on the Darkseid and Firestorm match ups?
I'm a CatWoman main and I personally hate this match up, so was thinking of learning another character for it. I don't wanna use Deadshot or Supes either lol, but just judging from the tools they both have I think Darkseid and Firestorm can compete very well, maybe beat him? Idk, looking for your advice
Get better in the cw fate MU

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Darkseid and Firestorm can fight Fate but he don't necessary beat him like Superman or obliterate him like Deadshot, I think Catwoman is a better choice than Darkseid and Firestorm.

Mental notes to self from the Catwoman MU after a long set;

- Place mb outside of low whip, mb b3
- Try play the MU either full screen or 3/4 (very difficult due to her walk speed, j2)
- Don't get baited with d2, only air to air with j1 on reaction, risk/reward not in Fate's favour on hard read
- Use pushblock more
- Bait mb rolls and punish accordingly

babalook

Noob
Guys poison ivy is a bad matchup, i swear. After she blocks a fireball if you don't fire another immediately after (and risk getting hit by drill) she gets to summon trait, if you get hit by drill she gets trait. When she has trait you basically just have to take a bunch of chip and allow her to activate bark skin. Her footsie tool has just as much range as ours but is faster and hit-confirmable into a combo. She can blow up orb camping better than most with her MB f3. I probably just bad.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Guys... last weekend i went to a Brazilian premier... my second match was against Mr.Bruno (he made third place) and he used Wonder Woman and Superman... super good player

I still have A LOT of issues in the Superman matchup :( please guys help me... watch my match and say what i need to improve. especially @OmGxBdON

match archive: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166450664 (02:15:00)

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I went to a major this weekend as well. Got to the losers finals of my pool and Reo counter picked me with deadshot and I had no chance to win, even though I played nearly perfect.

It's a shame that Doctor Fate still has an unwinnable matchup, even though he has all the tools he needs, because deadshot is a fundamentally flawed character and needs to be normalized (i.e. bf1).

I will be going to TFC next so hopefully deadshot will be fixed by then so I don't have to lose to anymore fraudulent deadshots.

I went to a major this weekend as well. Got to the losers finals of my pool and Reo counter picked me with deadshot and I had no chance to win, even though I played nearly perfect.

It's a shame that Doctor Fate still has an unwinnable matchup, even though he has all the tools he needs, because deadshot is a fundamentally flawed character and needs to be normalized (i.e. bf1).

I will be going to TFC next so hopefully deadshot will be fixed by then so I don't have to lose to anymore fraudulent deadshots.
i have cheetah specifically for deadshot, superman, and (maybe) supergirl

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Darkseid is not that bad of an mu for fate, its either 5-5 or slighlty in darkseids favor, and i was the one trying to tell bdon that its in darkseids favor he said he thinks its 5-5. @OmGxBdON
nah its 5-5 or slightly in fates favor. only thing i could think of that would make it in favor of darkseids case would be how much easier it is to play with him especially in the MU, where the fate player has to be smarter and play better.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
nah its 5-5 or slightly in fates favor. only thing i could think of that would make it in favor of darkseids case would be how much easier it is to play with him especially in the MU, where the fate player has to be smarter and play better.
Plz stop.

Darkseid is not that bad of an mu for fate, its either 5-5 or slighlty in darkseids favor, and i was the one trying to tell bdon that its in darkseids favor he said he thinks its 5-5. @OmGxBdON
One man says 5-5 or slightly in darkseid's favor, the other says 5-5 or slightly in fate's favor.

Sounds like it's 5-5.