Doctor Fate Matchup Discussion

Discussion in 'Doctor Fate' started by Dankster Morgan, May 19, 2017.

1. OmGxBdON

OmGxBdON I'm going to make Fate top ten

PSN:
    OmGxBdON
    Fate either goes even or wins all of them exceot wonderwoman

2. Neeko

Neeko Noob

Every fate I ever play always uses that hood destroys fate os. So good to know lol.

3. Bruno-NeoSpace

Bruno-NeoSpace They see me zonin', they hatin'

OK. After playing like 50 matches against a very good Supergirl player, i think that Supergirl DESTROYS Fate.

She negates everything that Fate tries to do. Her laser are faster than Fate's projectiles, she does not let Fate build his ankhs at all and pressure is OD.

--------------

EDIT: I was wrong about this MU...Fate can handle Supergirl :)

All i was needing was more MU exp. Fate vs Supergirl is a solid 5-5 :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    GJX7 likes this.
  4. GJX7

GJX7 Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me

Yeah her and Superman are probably Fate's hardest matchups as they can cover angles which Fate cannot, really important to use your anks with those MUs (idk how to spell that)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  5. Bruno-NeoSpace

Yeah. Supergirl and Superman and Fate's bad MU right now. Supergirl is even harder. holy shit lol

-----------

EDIT: I was wrong about this MU...Fate can handle Supergirl :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    GJX7 likes this.
  6. thlityoursloat

thlityoursloat but you didn't have to cut me off!

I feel like Firestorm is also an underrated threat.

GJX7 and Ninequads93 like this.
  7. thlityoursloat

SZ is a bad matchup. He has 0 reason to give a flying fuck about anything you throw out because of his mb fireball eating everything and his slide going under the orb when it's stopped.

8. Bruno-NeoSpace

naah

9. Dankster Morgan

Dankster Morgan Good luck getting through the shell

Unless you’re just mashing BF1 constantly you shouldn’t get hit by MB iceball at most distances and you shouldn’t be getting hit by a lot of slides and if you do get hit by one, so what, it ruins his corner positioning.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Bruno-NeoSpace likes this.
  10. Bruno-NeoSpace

Hey guys, i won an online brazilian tournament.. played against the best brazilians players and i beat all of them :D ... killer xinok, konqueror, mr bruno, etc... played Fate 80% of the times and Arrow 20% of the times.

I lost to Mr.Bruno in the winners semi final (fate/arrow vs superman/aquaman) but then i came back winning everything :D

Here it is the Grand Final video:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  11. Dankster Morgan

I like your Fate! And impressive that the match you lost was to Superman/Aquaman as Fate/Arrow

12. EMPRESS_SunFire

EMPRESS_SunFire Regina George of discord

PSN:
    SunFire-xo
    Her guaranteed reset is soooo dirty.. she probably has the best corner game with that

13. thlityoursloat

it’s not about getting hit by any of those moves, it’s that they neutralize zoning. slide covers a lot of distance and is safe on whiff

14. legion666

legion666 Noob

Is this meant for Enchantress thread)? Tell me more about dat reset)))

15. Bruno-NeoSpace

I tried Fate vs Superman first... got beat twice in that MU, then i switched to Arrow and i won very easily. Then he counter picked me with Aquaman (hardest MU of Arrow)... 3-1 for him. Then i was sent to the losers, came back winning everything... faced him in the grand finals which is in the video and i won :)

Dankster Morgan likes this.
  16. Bruno-NeoSpace

You guys were not wrong... especially @OmGxBdON ... Fate can handle Supergirl :)

17. EMPRESS_SunFire

EMPRESS_SunFire Regina George of discord

PSN:
    SunFire-xo
    Omg wtf why did I post that here? Lool

The_Tile likes this.
  18. thlityoursloat

so... enchantress impressions? Seems kind of rough to me.

19. Dankster Morgan

Well how is Sub getting meter? And other the MB iceball, orb freeze is really good against him. Slide is really good though but I don’t. See how it neutralizes zoning, Fate has the tools to deal with Sub, slide and all. I do think it’s 5-5 though because Fate is extremely weak on knockdown and gets ggd in the corner.

AyAyRawnYea and Cursa like this.
  20. Cursa

Cursa Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.

Does Superman beat Fate? If so how? I know that Superman controls that top corner of the screen that Fate struggles to cover, but unless Supes is willing to spend bar then it's unsafe to finger blast (unless it's like instant air). Also B2, F2 and DB2 seems like strong tools to keep Supes out for a long time.

21. Doctor Angel

Doctor Angel UBIJTE IH SVE DA IH BOS KOJEM OŽITE
    Premium Supporter

Fate Players,

Cheetah.
    I have been getting back into things for like a month now, and I feel good-ish.
    But I have reached an impasse.
    I do not know a diddly doo dah damn thing about dealing with Cheetah.
    She is a fierce, agile, hunt-crazed kitty lady who jumps all over the damn place and it's terrifying.
    Someone please help me before I lose my mind.

~Doctor Angel.

22. Bruno-NeoSpace

He outdamages Fate, his B1 can punish Glyph and once he's got a bar he can play mind games with his air laser: you think he will spend the bar to be safe but he doesnt... and then you think he will not spend the bar, you try to punish him with a fireball and welp... take that 10% (15% with trait) MB laser :p

Stop the orb right in front of you and build ankhs. She'll be able to do nothing against it.

Doctor Angel likes this.
  23. Cursa

Cursa Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.

I'm assuming you mean B2?

Bruno-NeoSpace likes this.
  24. legion666

legion666 Noob

The point about Superman being able to punish glyph with b2 is good in theory. But in reality it is a just frame which you can't mash like you can reversal specials. B2 is death on block, so it is a risk to mess up a just frame punish to eat a full combo.
    On top of that you can't always do that just frame reliably, because at the further ranges of f2, glyph leaves you at a distance where b2 connects but a bit later and it messes up the punish. Couple of such failed punishes and Superman will be afraid to do it again even at the range where it does work.

Marinjuana and Cursa like this.
  25. Bruno-NeoSpace

Guys, i need help in the Atom MU... i think his stomp can counter-zone Fate... its very easy for him to get the life lead with his trait and he can use teleport to get even more life lead... how do u guys play this MU?

@OmGxBdON