What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
It is a bit counter intuitive that his meterless damage is much better than his metered damage though.
Nahh not really exdb2 for me is just a tool to convert another 200 damage off a touch. His meterless dmg comes from trait and one ankh. Im always in situations where im able to use his trait and ankhs to its full ability for like 400 average

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Nahh not really exdb2 for me is just a tool to convert another 200 damage off a touch. His meterless dmg comes from trait and one ankh. Im always in situations where im able to use his trait and ankhs to its full ability for like 400 average
How does he get 400?
I do F2U3, far ankh, b3, 2113/b1u32 and that nets me about 280.

112, df1, far ankh, f3, 11, f2xxdb2.

I have a little trouble hitting 112 compared to f2, but that's the main 1-ankh combo. There's also one from a raw/mb b3, and another that starts A2A (can technically start with d2 also, but less damage).

OmGxBdON

@OmGxBdON do u have your matches with knicks recorded? i really want to see how you handle the doctor vs darkseid/superman matchup :)
in the game yeah but i dont really know how to upload it nor want to do the work. honestly im still tryna figure out supes myself. i was playing theo and it made me think about the MU again. im still finding ways to make zoning against supes more concrete

thlityoursloat

kick kick
in the game yeah but i dont really know how to upload it nor want to do the work. honestly im still tryna figure out supes myself. i was playing theo and it made me think about the MU again. im still finding ways to make zoning against supes more concrete
Your attitude is admirable, bro. Not many people would stick by a character like you do and insistently grind them out.

i just wish i could use fate for every matchup. i'm not good enough to play 2 people right now, nor can i pick someone up at a legit level by evo. so i'm stuck getting demolished by deadshot and superman.

things like that make it so incredibly hard to continue to stick with this character

OmGxBdON

i just wish i could use fate for every matchup. i'm not good enough to play 2 people right now, nor can i pick someone up at a legit level by evo. so i'm stuck getting demolished by deadshot and superman.

things like that make it so incredibly hard to continue to stick with this character
i definitely feel where your comin from, dont get me wrong supes is definently not an easy MU u still got to play your ass of while supes just has to touch u once.

i definitely feel where your comin from, dont get me wrong supes is definently not an easy MU u still got to play your ass of while supes just has to touch u once.
yea...and to be fair, i'm still angry right now because i missed out on being on stream for hometown heroes because i got 3-0'd by another superman.

but knowing that my EVO pool contains a red hood, a deadshot, and 1-2 superman players....i'm no longer excited about playing

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
@OmGxBdON i've noticed that you've been using the overhead teleport with red ankhs strat quite a lot. I just tested it on training mode and it really works like a charm even with only 1 ankh :D. Fate is about +5 on block with 1 ankh :D :D

@OmGxBdON i've noticed that you've been using the overhead teleport with red ankhs strat quite a lot. I just tested it on training mode and it really works like a charm even with only 1 ankh :D. Fate is about +5 on block with 1 ankh :D :D
what's the best use of this? free dive (that they block) that grants you a free grab unless they can can tech it?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Went 3-2 with the doctor. Faced mit and this other guy and both killed me with deadshot. I don't know the match up at all and that little stun that deadshot gun gets when it hits is frustrating as hell. Makes it hard to zone and trade hits :(

OmGxBdON

Went 3-2 with the doctor. Faced mit and this other guy and both killed me with deadshot. I don't know the match up at all and that little stun that deadshot gun gets when it hits is frustrating as hell. Makes it hard to zone and trade hits :(
Thats why u need a secondary

Thats why u need a secondary
Agreed. This was my first ever event that was bigger than 10 people, and my first fighting game.

I went 6-2 and made it through first pools, and ultimately lost to someone who switched from aquaman to deadshot after his first lost.

You want to know how important playing more than 1 character is? My catwoman that i picked up 4 days ago got closer to winning than the Fate ive played 3k games with.

I don't think you can get away with only using 1 character alone unless they are top 3 - or you can bank on out playing everyone you face without getting wrecked by hubris