What's new

Do you think MK11 seems too similar to injustice?

Do you think MK11 seems more similar to injustice 2 or mortal kombat x?

• Mortal kombat x

• Injustice 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rizz091

Noob
If by "like injustice 2" we mean you actually have to win the footsie battle to get rewarded in this game, then yes.

I guess we can also say it's like street fighter then too.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Not only is it most like MK9, people are assuming it’s going to be zoning based because of the US stream but if you watched K&M(who had more time with the game than the rest of the non-dev fan base)on the British side you actually get to see how it’ll play out.

It’ll be mostly neutral based focused on footsies and such, and the new defensive options will blow up thoughtless rush down and thoughtless zoning.

This game has a nuanced new defense system that nobody was using correctly if at all, so just spamming moves over and over after only 2 hours of practice is all you saw, that’s not indicative of the game.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Am I too much of a traditionalist in requesting that characters still perform one or more flips when they jump?? That was one of my favorite aspects of the early MK games!
No, you are not, I want that back too, specially considering NRS doesn't seem to know how to animate other kinds of jumps, they look so floaty. Bring back flips for everyone!

damagedone13

Keep Music Evil
I can't believe what they did to MK,,,barely any combos,auto filling meters,universal wake up,no run,no cancels.The whole palette is too Injustice like.Combos are almost diminished,are you kidding me?The Injustice players are in awe,i get that but for a hardcore MK player like me,this is a joke.No pressure,stupid wake up system,no frame data,ridiculous blows or whatever are called that slow down already a slow gameplay.Oh boy,i can't take it,,,

Wigy

There it is...
TBH I'm totally cool with universal wakeups.

Previous nrs games you had to lab for ages, get the correct knockdown make a hard read and time it perfectly for them to not just lolol wake-up lolololol for free.

Maybe I'm just lazy.

SINGH E

Noob
Im thinking more MK9 to be honest.

Also, will the individual builds be legal in tournaments or only the base will be used?
I'm guessing the base will be used in tournaments but who knows what will happen. They might find a way to make the individual builds work. I think it will be a bit of a stretch though.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
We don't know yet, the game is not even out yet.

With some luck it's what they learned from their last 4 games turned into reality.

Also I think a huuuuuuuuuge mistake was having the max distance between characters be like injustice and not like mkx
Max distance is not like Injustice at all.

Max distance MK11 (could tell because this followed a backlash that had dragon staying in place)

^ That's pretty similar to MKX. Might actually be the exact same just going off my memory.

Max distance Injustice 2 for comparison...

They aren't even close. You can tell by the character's heights in proportion to the screen when they're at full distance.

When I played it briefly it was a bit slower than MKX but didn't quite feel like IJ2 either. It's got its own flow to it. Wait for the beta to find out!

Xelz

Go over there!
Neither should’ve been an option. MK 11 showed similiarities to many games, including SFV, but NRS’s take on each system made for a wholly unique experience. Personally, I couldn’t be more excited to get my hands on it :)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Max distance is not like Injustice at all.

Max distance MK11 (could tell because this followed a backlash that had dragon staying in place)

^ That's pretty similar to MKX. Might actually be the exact same just going off my memory.

Max distance Injustice 2 for comparison...

They aren't even close. You can tell by the character's heights in proportion to the screen when they're at full distance.
That’s great news!!!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I mean when the Injustice series was first introduced one of the major points of it was to try new things and test the waters for mechanics for MK that they didn't want to just throw into a new MK right off the bat.

So yes, some stuff from Injustice is going to make it's way back to MK, because that's kind of the point.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
IJ2 is pretty fast-paced with the back and forward 2 ground bounces options, MK11 doesn't have that or running which slows down the gameplay considerably. Other than both games looking pretty and having some customization, I don't think they'll play similarly at all.

I can't believe what they did to MK,,,barely any combos,auto filling meters,universal wake up,no run,no cancels.The whole palette is too Injustice like.Combos are almost diminished,are you kidding me?The Injustice players are in awe,i get that but for a hardcore MK player like me,this is a joke.No pressure,stupid wake up system,no frame data,ridiculous blows or whatever are called that slow down already a slow gameplay.Oh boy,i can't take it,,,
Soooo....you not getting the game? Lmfaoo

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I didn’t get an injustice vibe except for the outros and stuff like that. That was completely ripped from injustice but I liked them. I was never the run type anyways so it’s mk as usual for me. Sucks for those that used it religiously though.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Uncle JBeezY can see how it "looks" like Injustice because it does take alot from that franchise into MK.

The animated Victory poses Injustice has. The Fatalities also end in a dramatic victory pose. The speed of lowered thats similar to Injustice. I see it

BUT

Mortal Kombat has always and forever be its own game. Have more faith in NRS because this game WILL be BEST FIGHTING GAME OF 2019!

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
>Injustice 1
“It’s like Mortal Kombat, but with comic book characters! Awesome!!!” :D

>Mortal Kombat 11
“It’s like Injustice, but with Mortal Kombat characters! RAAAAAAAAGE!!!” :mad:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
>Injustice 1
“It’s like Mortal Kombat, but with comic book characters! Awesome!!!” :D

>Mortal Kombat 11
“It’s like Injustice, but with Mortal Kombat characters! RAAAAAAAAGE!!!” :mad: