What's new

Do you think MK11 seems too similar to injustice?

Do you think MK11 seems more similar to injustice 2 or mortal kombat x?

• Mortal kombat x

• Injustice 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok I'm 100 percent fine with it being like mk9. I dont care about the look (in regards to injustice comparison) because injustice looked amazing. And when did they say the combos would be shorter?

E

Eldriken

I definitely got the Injustice 2 vibe from it.

But y'know what? I think the change in direction and pace may be a good thing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
People keep saying MK9, but imo this game doesn't look anything like MK9.

The dashing-style movement is all but gone.
The armor isn't there
There are interactibles
This Fatal Blow and Krushing Blow stuff really alters the meta
The way you burn meter is an evolution of MKX and Injustice 2
The wakeup system is drastically altered

The movement reminds me of MK2, but the mechanics are a mix of Injustice 2, MKX, Street Fighter, and a couple other games + Ed Boon's constantly rotating mind. The engine itself is definitely MKX.

Last edited:
People keep saying MK9, but imo this game doesn't look anything like MK9.

The dashing-style movement is all but gone.
The armor isn't there
There are interactibles
This Fatal Blow and Krushing Blow stuff really alters the meta
The way you burn meter is an evolution of MKX and Injustice 2
The wakeup system is drastically altered

The movement reminds me of MK2, but the mechanics are a mix of Injustice 2, MKX, Street Fighter, and a couple other games. The engine itself is definitely MKX.
So do you think I should just not even think about it until I play the game ? Everything looked great, like I said that's my only fear

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I am not going to drop this card much, but as somebody who actually played it, I never once thought “oh man, this is like Injustice!”. In general, I’d say it is MKX with the needed compensations when you removed the run button. It is as much of a change from MKX as MKX was to 9.

Suddenly getting flashbacks of people saying MKX was just IGAU because of interactables

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
So do you think I should just not even think about it until I play the game ? Everything looked great, like I said that's my only fear
Yeah Imo it's best to just take MK11 is being it's own thing completely and approach it for what it is. And we're on stage -1 of the meta, so who knows how it's going to turn out.

But that's also kind of the excitement of it all.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Also I think a lot of people are judging from the US exhibition matches, which looked completely different from the EU ones. There's no way you can watch the Ketchup vs. Mustard set and say this game is too similar to Injustice. It's Mortal Kombat through and through.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I am not going to drop this card much, but as somebody who actually played it, I never once thought “oh man, this is like Injustice!”. In general, I’d say it is MKX with the needed compensations when you removed the run button. It is as much of a change from MKX and MKX was to 9.

Suddenly getting flashbacks of people saying MKX was just IGAU because of interactables

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
Agreed brother

Also I think a lot of people are judging from the US exhibition matches, which looked completely different from the EU ones. There's no way you can watch the Ketchup vs. Mustard set and say this game is too similar to Injustice. It's Mortal Kombat through and through.
I actually didnt see their matches, I need to now

Bear in mine there's no in game sound and Derek seems to be strung out on amphetamines, but the twins had more time with the game than any of the players that participated in the exhibition and seem a little more comfortable in their play.
Wow, ok, I think that answered my questions there. That looked a lot better. If they are landing combos like that now it will be much better when people get their hands on the game for longer