What's new

Do you think MK11 seems too similar to injustice?

Do you think MK11 seems more similar to injustice 2 or mortal kombat x?

• Mortal kombat x

• Injustice 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I see nothing from MKX, I would say it looks between MK9 and Injustass 2. I just hope the zoning don't be so boring like in that Skarlet vs Geras match from today.

Yea I hope not. I liked the fast pace aggressiveness in MKX. I don't mind it being slowed down because run is gone, but I hope it's not too much like injustice. I understand it's early, and so far I love how MK11 has come out, but I just hope what I've seen so far doesn't = injustice mortal kombat lol
well unfortunately some of the more casual fanbase didn't like the fast pace aggressiveness

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Also, I don't like how they have so many more in-match xray type animations - that is going to get very old very fast when you are grinding long sets
I don’t think it’s any more annoying than having other animations in strings. Like raiders grab string that shocks them, sonyas air grabs that slam them to the floor for a second, reptiles grab string where he spits acid at them etc.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think it seems like either; it's in a league of its own. I love that meter is on a cooldown. That should make it easier for NRS to balance around meter-based moves. I love that meter has been split into offense and defense. I like that you can't x-ray until you're almost dead. I like that chip damage seems to be minimal. I like that armor and mixups seems to have been toned down. I'll be interested to see how the "just-guard" affects the meta, since we didn't really see it used during the exhibitions. Overall, I like how footsie-oriented combat seemed to be, though the zoning wars make me a bit nervous about potentially-boring gameplay.

Gamer68

Fujin!
It looks like Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice 2, and Tekken 7 mixed together with some new stuff on top...

So basically it's own game. You can see elements of all the games I mentioned, but together and with stuff like Krushing Blows I think it's definitely it's own game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
It looks like Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice 2, and Tekken 7 mixed together with some new stuff on top...

So basically it's own game. You can see elements of all the games I mentioned, but together and with stuff like Krushing Blows I think it's definitely it's own game.
Krushing blows is a direct take from sc. Same for just guard. Same for short hops. Same for the fatal blow. Pretty sure dash block is the one mk exclusive. Game is more sc than mk lul

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME FEEL BETTER. I think what's making me think injustice, is the graphics + slower gameplay, but when I ask myself each of these questions individually, I like these graphics and I don't mind the slower gamplay. Now that I'm thinking about it, the only thing I'm worried about is boring zoning. Because if it becomes too zoning intensive, that will be too overboard for me; then it will look like injustice, be slower like injustice, and be zony like injustice

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I dont like the fact that they removed run. I feel it slows things down more. Then again, MK9 didnt have run and we managed.
But whats that they said about no long combos...wtf why, thats one of the reasons MK is fun, seeing the swaggy shit ppl come up with

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I dont like the fact that they removed run. I feel it slows things down more. Then again, MK9 didnt have run and we managed.
But whats that they said about no long combos...wtf why, thats one of the reasons MK is fun, seeing the swaggy shit ppl come up with
Kitana exists, I’m sure there will be some long combos

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Agreed about the combo thing. I always liked to pull off long combos. If they’re just these short, low damage combos that need krushing blows to make them become something bigger, then it’ll definitely take some getting used to. Currently kind of disappointed but I haven’t touched it yet so I’ll wait to try it before I jump to conclusions.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I feel like MK 11 is more in your face than I2 honestly, but with the pace of MK 9, MK 2 and a hell of a lot more defensive, zoning options imo than MKX. MK X was too aggressive and had to go, as obviously NRS considered and listened to.

Shyguy

Ol_Jibbs
This debate is ridiculous, I kept seeing trolls pop in during reveal and repeating this over and over.

Did anyone watch the gameplay? It's Mortal Kombat. The only similarity is the gearing bullshit (which I'm not a huge fan of). It's not going to feel remotely close to an Injustice game.

Looks phenomenal and I am EXCITE