What's new

Do you think MK11 seems too similar to injustice?

Do you think MK11 seems more similar to injustice 2 or mortal kombat x?

• Mortal kombat x

• Injustice 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
From watching the gameplay reveal and now watching the exhibition matches, it seems like many people are saying that mk11 is more like injustice and less like mortal kombat. From my point of view, mk11 does look, and in some aspects plays, more like injustice 2 and less like mkx. I'm not sure how I feel about this as I don't really like injustice, but what are your guys thoughts?

Neither. Its gonna be its own game.
But, it does look more cinematic, like Injustice 2. If thats what you mean.
I mean it looks similar to injustice 2, it's much slower, I'm not sure exactly the specifics but I get an injustice vibe from it. Most people on any chat I read said the same thing

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I think it looks like it has elements from both.
Considering Injustice 2 was so praised for how much better its graphics were compared to MKX, I can understand why MK11 has that same feel. NRS keeps evolving from game to game, so it makes sense why the game might appear closer to I2 than MKX as I2 was a step up from MKX, and MK11 is then the next step up from I2.

MKX also appeared more like Injustice 1 than MK9. That's just how it works.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK has some features that are very different, like block button, and 4 buttons for punch and kick moves and this alone guarantees it has no similarity with Injustice 2 gameplay

Yup. Looks like injustice movement. Slow compared to MKX. Lets see. I really hope it doesn't turn into a zoning snooze fest like injustice 2 was.
Yea I hope not. I liked the fast pace aggressiveness in MKX. I don't mind it being slowed down because run is gone, but I hope it's not too much like injustice. I understand it's early, and so far I love how MK11 has come out, but I just hope what I've seen so far doesn't = injustice mortal kombat lol

Also, I don't like how they have so many more in-match xray type animations - that is going to get very old very fast when you are grinding long sets
I can see your point, but this doesn't bother me too much. It's just everything else, it just seems so slower and the combo animations seem so much like injustice 2. I'm probably wrong (which I want to be). I think because the art style and graphics look so much like injustice 2, it's kind of blinding me

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
I thought dash blocking was back.. or it seemed very slow compared to mk9. Also I think a huuuuuuuuuge mistake was having the max distance between characters be like injustice and not like mkx
That’s actually a good point.

No running and decreased dashing plus big stages and spaces is a good combination for some serious zoning issues. Could be interesting to see how this progresses

Watching the little tournament thing with the pros I was surprised at how much of an I2 vibe I got from it. The more zoomed out camera, the slower pace of movement, greater presence of zoning (over MKX), the art style and intros made it feel a lot more injustice-like. Bit sad run seems to have disappeared too! That said, until we get to play it it’s hard to say.