What's new

Do you Regret Buying Premium Edition/Kombat Pack? Do You Think That People will Still Care by the Time Final 2 Characters are Released?

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I think the biggest problem is the roster. I don't care how many colors of the 3-4 costumes have. A good 6 more at least should have been included. Even if they played similar to previous games. Sindel, Tanya, Nightwolf, Smoke, and Rain all should have been included. I can understand Shang, Spawn being DLC or guests. and even though I was not a big fan of Takeda or Kung Jin in the last one, they totally pulled a Jade/Noob Saibot on them. We are I supposed to assumed they are off doing other things. All those hints Jade transcended to some dream place or heaven and Kitana was mournful. I mean why was she mourning? She is clearly still a revenant. I will say this. They did make all the new characters important this time. It is also nice to see characters like Baraka getting more development similar to how Mileena did in the last game. Kronika is also probably the best antagonist of the series. I am very very sick of fighting nothing but Scorpions in KL. KL is kinda becoming a chore and the ping/lag was not like this at all in the pre-order and beta. and Rarely even in Injustice. I do not get it. Don't get me wrong though. I still love Mortal Kombat and the franchise. However, they have to realize there is so much they can do with the mythology and gameplay that they just aren't tapping in to. Even people who don't play video games know of it. WB can have netherrealm make fighting games of course but they can easily go to other companies to make RPGs, MMos, Movies, etc. But I still do play the game. I still think Deadly Alliance though is the worst game. Sorry guys. I know many love it but goodness. That one probably lost my interest more than any other. Okay. I'm done bitching. WB GAMES/Netherrealm.....your life is now! Make us proud! You can do it!

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
I dont regret but i expected this before release Boon said they gonna support mk11 for a very long time so here we go :)

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Yes. I wrongly assumed I would enjoy this game at least as much as Injustice 2 but hopefully as much as MKX. To me this game is dry and I've barely played it since launch so wasted £30. Oh well. For some reason I still enjoy watching tournaments just not playing it haha

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I don't regret it because based on what we know I would have purchased all of the characters (except Terminator) anyway, I just wish NRS would communicate with us a little better.

I feel like we have gotten more information via leaks and accident posts rather than from NRS themselves, its weird.
I wonder if NRS is under a muzzle order from WB, and the "leaks" are actually just NRS trying to promote their game?

Either that or someone higher up at NRS itself is a dumb ass. No way should Nintendo be announcing your DLC by putting it up on the store 2 weeks before release (which is totally reasonable.)

RoninJed

Noob
Yeah noob here...first time posting on these forums. I feel like the DLC was deceiving in general. I bought it on steam when it was half off and it was labeled as kombat pack. I thought the 40 dollar price meant more characters and that there would only be one pack. Two days later I was reading a article where it referred to the DLC as kombat pack 1. To me having the higher price and just saying kombat pack is pretty shady. Now I'm realizing how they plan to drag their feet on releasing the DLC and it pisses me off. I know they say it takes longer to make characters in this MK game because of cosmetics but I'm thinking most the DLC characters weren't even being made when the game released. The leaks were intentional just to bait us into buying the game.

Espio

Kokomo
I plan on heavily using Sindel and Nightwolf so I see no reason to be disappointed/regret buying the pack. Sheeva and some other cool pick have been hinted at in the data mines so there's plenty for me to look forward to honestly.

Casual crowd drops off for every game, that is nothing new. I will be playing this till MK12 drops and don't have a short attention span so I will be here for all the DLC fun and I will be alternating games like how I still play The Last Of Us an come back to it from time to time.

Only reason why I would have any regret is their over the top radio silence. We should know who is all in the pack and not have to GUESS their release schedule. Even if we weren't getting another DLC after Nightwolf till Thanksgiving that would be better than knowing nothing. I like most of the content we are getting, but the radio silence is atrocious.

Mantra

Noob
The casual crowd I would assume are also the majority so as a company you would think nrs would try not to piss them off if they want them to buy the next game.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I plan on heavily using Sindel and Nightwolf so I see no reason to be disappointed/regret buying the pack. Sheeva and some other cool pick have been hinted at in the data mines so there's plenty for me to look forward to honestly.

Casual crowd drops off for every game, that is nothing new. I will be playing this till MK12 drops and don't have a short attention span so I will be here for all the DLC fun and I will be alternating games like how I still play The Last Of Us an come back to it from time to time.

Only reason why I would have any regret is their over the top radio silence. We should know who is all in the pack and not have to GUESS their release schedule. Even if we weren't getting another DLC after Nightwolf till Thanksgiving that would be better than knowing nothing. I like most of the content we are getting, but the radio silence is atrocious.
You've hit both my key points as well: no regrets as I am excited for the future characters to be released, but the mishandling by NRS of the game's release of information is really disheartening. 99% of the information we've gotten, even since before release, has been exclusively through leaks. It's unacceptable that leakers are the only reason the game's hype has been able to continue.

It depends on why the pace is that "slow". I mean...whay do you consider "slow"? If you really see what this team is capable of in terms of creativity and hard work, of course this going to need time.

If this is happening because tjey are trying to address the crushing hours problem, £'m utterly ok with that. I admire them, I love MK and I'll support and buy their project regardless.

But....my problem is regarding the lack of honesty in the marketing campaign. Releasing a product without beimg even ready? KP1 was ready to be bought before launch and we bought air till now....so....this is greed and lack of honesty.

And all of the other problems related, like....using mk as a platform of propaganda of wb movies and putting chars that are not welcome just by the sake of their money. Who asked for Joker? Ash??? Dude...where the fuck is Mileena and reptile? Ermac and smoke? They are just making mk less mk in order to bring chars that have nothing to do with the game because wb "needs" more money.....and that is disgusting.

Other tactics like....obliging me to install mk mobile to get shit....obliging me to compete in ranked online to get shit....you are always making tasks in this game demanded by wb because they want you to do instead of you playing what you want. If they do yhia with us imagine what they to do with their co workers?

But the game is so amazing....