What's new

Discussion Do you Perform Fatalities on Strangers Online?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Yes. I kill everyone I meet. No mercy. Brutalites for everyone if I'm able to.

Fatalities... can't remember an input for a single one.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
if this thread is any indication, i think where tym went wrong is that we all forgot how to have fun
Man I have fun playing the game, not watching the same canned animation that takes forever I've seen hundreds of times.

I skip celebration animations in sports games too.... it's not that people forgot to have fun, it's that watching fatalities 2 years into the game isn't very fun

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Yeah sure , every time ... i even buy easy fatalities with irl money because some of the inputs are hard for me.:DOGE

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
This is obviously a personal preference. I never perform fatalities/brutalities online with strangers. If I was playing a friend, then I would have no problem.

For me, performing a fatality is almost...intimate. Something two people can laugh over. Doing it to an unknown dude online just doesn't feel right.

I do it on the AI all the time though. Though only against characters who I'm pissed off with!
I usually tea bag till the last possible second then fatal. This game is awesome because at the end of a match I can kill the sh!t out of someone. I also believe tournaments should not allow the skip to restart. If we played mk right we would fatal. Getting fatalitied can directly effect the next game. The nerves it brings and even anger of the opponent. I think it would be part of the meta if people wouldnt go straight to player select or restart. It can add stress and I tried to push this for KIT but the community is lame and I got told that everyone's tired of the fatalities. How? I haven't seen any tourneys that people don't go straight to player select. This is the most unhype thing for stream monsters and viewers alike. So mk tourney players you're doing it wrong! Plus seeing as it could make someone get stressed it effects the game. Sadly everyone will take fatalities for granted but I played mk vs dc and I will never not fatality. Plus if you don't want fatalitied, WIN.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
fatalities are the biggest waste of time in the game, why would i do them and waste my own time watching a boring ass ender, if im just about to click rematch anyway?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I usually tea bag till the last possible second then fatal. This game is awesome because at the end of a match I can kill the sh!t out of someone. I also believe tournaments should not allow the skip to restart. If we played mk right we would fatal. Getting fatalitied can directly effect the next game. The nerves it brings and even anger of the opponent. I think it would be part of the meta if people wouldnt go straight to player select or restart. It can add stress and I tried to push this for KIT but the community is lame and I got told that everyone's tired of the fatalities. How? I haven't seen any tourneys that people don't go straight to player select. This is the most unhype thing for stream monsters and viewers alike. So mk tourney players you're doing it wrong! Plus seeing as it could make someone get stressed it effects the game. Sadly everyone will take fatalities for granted but I played mk vs dc and I will never not fatality. Plus if you don't want fatalitied, WIN.
Tourney players aren't doing it wrong, in fact they're doing it right. No one wants to see fatals because they're lengthy and what we've already seen before a million times, and in a tournament where they're trying to save time, why would they then do things which waste time? No one really cares about the stream monsters in tourney, they're there to win, and most people just wanna jump straight back into the action.

You wanna see fatals in tourneys, go to the tourneys and do them, but other people are still gonna be as time preservative as possible.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I fatal my teammates regularly in casuals.

Online randoms have no chance.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
I'll only fatal if I don't know you and you meet the following criteria -

• You teabag during the match
  • You use a microphone

Noob
I don't like Fatals online simply because of the time delay. But that's really just on an opponent I am running a set with. When we decide we are having our last game there will always be a fatal.

But Brutals are a definite go. They are quick and look sweet. And they are a sign of dominance.

trufenix

bye felicia
Man I have fun playing the game, not watching the same canned animation that takes forever I've seen hundreds of times.

I skip celebration animations in sports games too.... it's not that people forgot to have fun, it's that watching fatalities 2 years into the game isn't very fun
That's the great thing about America man. We make games for fun loving humans and joyless victory fueled robots.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
But in the spirit of the post..

I dont, generally. I enjoy playing the game more than watching an animation I've seen enough to be boring. If its a character I havent seem much of (LF or something) I almost hope I GET fatal'd so I can see them because its usually pretty awesome the first couple times, once the shine has worn off though, it ceases to be fun or interesting and just makes it take longer to get back in to another game.

Occasionally after a long set, i will fatal the final game if I win it, since it kinda caps the series.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Last match in a tournament set; yes.

Last match in an online ft10; occasionally.

Otherwise, not really.

I do however, use brutalities often enough, particularly Jacqui's x-ray brutal (because it's faster than waiting for the X-ray to finish and then finishing them) or sonya's bf4 brutal (because most matches end with this and it happens automatically). Otherwise they're usually an accident.