What's new

Do you all feel jump back teleport is too strong of a tool?

Should jump back teleport be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • I'm a scorpion player and this involves me to think in neutral, so no

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I came in this thread to bitch about cetrions teleport but seems like another scorpion thread
I'm all in on this. Cetrion is a pain in my ass.

But on the topic, teleports in a neutral heavy game seems like an extremely weird and honestly dumb choice. They should remove Scorpion's teleport and give him a special where he throws his opponent up with his sword and combo off of that.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Honestly I'll take whatever changes come, I dont really care. Nrs will do what they do. I just wish you guys would stop bitching and play the game for what it is.

In the end, bad scorpion players are not beating actual good players with the exception of poor online connections. If you're losing to scorpion players that you think are garbage, maybe you need to reevaluate yourself.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Scorps teleport is not fine. Too many characters have no realistic option against it other than just sitting on their thumbs and chasing him corner to corner(which reborn doesn't care about). Compound it with the fact he already has fantastic neutral and strings its a bit too much.

It should be a high, full stop. If he wants to waste time threatening it, you should be able to just duck and be safe from it.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
The move is super punishable, practice against the one move and you can do away with your matchup worries with every character. scorpion was very much my main during 9 and the first year or so of X, and in 11 moreso then ever, the decent players all see it coming and hurt me for it if i try running the ports down their throats. nice back-pocket tool, but it doesnt make scorpion a trump card at all.
Not only is it super punishable, but jump back teleports are predictable as hell. I only land it one out of every ten times I try.

This is a nerf jump back teleport thread in general, it's just scorpion players automatically took offense to this. I'm including cetrion/kung lao(whose isn't as bad) and whoever else in this :coffee:
so just war on teleports in general when jump back teleport is clearly not where the problem lies but in the data of the teleports themselves

Uh, hate to burst your bubble bud but NRS is going to touch the characters.

Also, inb4 you’re the first one crying about how garbage tier and unplayable scorpion is when they nerf him ever so slightly.
You didn’t burst anything. NRS has a bad habit of putting out balance patches too early. By the time all the dlc is released, we have a crap game that’s not balanced at all...MKX.

My main is actually Jade, so there’s that too.

For someone as experienced as you, you kind of missed the whole point here. The grounded tele cancel is better sure. It basically auto wiff punishes. But the air teleport in general is what eliminates having to play neutral for him at all.
I’m sick of the “he doesn’t play neutral” argument. Most folks on TYM don’t even know what it is.

TP cancel doesn’t break neutral. He doesn’t have to play footsies all the time, but footsies/ neutral aren’t synonymous terms.

These tactics from TP don’t work against patient players, but I get it nobody wants to play patient lol.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’m sick of the “he doesn’t play neutral” argument. Most folks on TYM don’t even know what it is.

TP cancel doesn’t break neutral. He doesn’t have to play footsies all the time, but footsies/ neutral aren’t synonymous terms.

These tactics from TP don’t work against patient players, but I get it nobody wants to play patient lol.
I know you want to defend your main, I get it. I could defend Cassie's F4, but I can't cause it's dirty. And so is Scorpion's teleport.

If it prevents you from needing to whiff punish with a string, if it makes needing good spacing to avoid the opponent's moves useless because you can just teleport and combo them, then it bypasses neutral, and a teleport does that. Any teleport does that.

There is no answer to his teleport except blocking right, depending on what you think the opponent may do, and it's different for every Scorpion player you face. So it becomes a guessing game, guess wrong and you're getting combo'ed even if you can play neutral or footsies great, in that situation, it means nothing.

Scorpion's teleport is a free way to get in, instead of being patient and letting your opponent whiff or letting them come to you.

Owerbart

I miss you
Do you mean jumping back tele as in

jumping back, then make a tele?
Or do you mean tele cancels?

If you are meaning 1, i get your point, but i don't think it's that much of a deal.

If you are meaning 2, then absolutely. Tele cancels and enhancing tele on block are shit and should be outright removed from the game.

I know you want to defend your main, I get it. I could defend Cassie's F4, but I can't cause it's dirty. And so is Scorpion's teleport.

If it prevents you from needing to whiff punish with a string, if it makes needing good spacing to avoid the opponent's moves useless because you can just teleport and combo them, then it bypasses neutral, and a teleport does that. Any teleport does that.

There is no answer to his teleport except blocking right, depending on what you think the opponent may do, and it's different for every Scorpion player you face. So it becomes a guessing game, guess wrong and you're getting combo'ed even if you can play neutral or footsies great, in that situation, it means nothing.

Scorpion's teleport is a free way to get in, instead of being patient and letting your opponent whiff or letting them come to you.
“Sometimes doing nothing leads to the very best something.” - Winnie the Pooh

All they have to do is block, stay patient, make reads.

He gets in for free to do what? F4,3? Throw?

His offense is heavily based on tick throw set ups. Players who are good at throw techs do very well against him in general.

It’s not a guess whatsoever. Your priority should be block first. React to the throw. It’s only active 1 frame. I promise if you practice neutral crouch to whiff punish throws you’ll see my vision.

Last edited:

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already

Where’s the face palm reaction. Nobody is even taking about the teleport cancel.

We’re taking about fake out jump into teleport, which by the way allowed scar to beat foxy in a reverse 3-0.

Just let it go. The character is dumb as hell.

Where’s the face palm reaction. Nobody is even taking about the teleport cancel.

We’re taking about fake out jump into teleport, which by the way allowed scar to beat foxy in a reverse 3-0.

Just let it go. The character is dumb as hell.
You realize that makes your argument even more cringeworthy?

JUST BLOCK!!!

By the time the game really breaks down nobody will get hit by jump back TP

Lawd hammercy

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
You realize that makes your argument even more cringeworthy?

JUST BLOCK!!!

By the time the game really breaks down nobody will get hit by jump back TP

Lawd hammercy
Bro, it's been like this for 2 months. You can not air to air scorpion. You cannot anti air scorpion. Just block is not the solution.

Bro, it's been like this for 2 months. You can not air to air scorpion. You cannot anti air scorpion. Just block is not the solution.
WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO AIR TO AIR HIM??? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO ANTI AIR HIM??

How are you trying to aa if he is jumping back lol??

JUST BLOCK AND PUNISH!!!!!

Now I know how Allen Iverson felt when they were talking bout practice.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Honestly I think jump back teleport is a pos and no one shoujld get hit by it. TP on reaction full screen so that u cant press buttons similar to geras kinda sucks also TP used in this manner is annoying as hell: string(hits)-hitconfirm into combo or string (blocked)-tp cancel into shananigans.

It really is the best option to tue jump back TP. Its -14 on block and it doesn't chip very much. The regular TP is so negative you can wait to see if the second hit is coming out and still punish.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Ffs there should be a IQ test before u can create an account on this site, the amount of completely retards in here is gigantic

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO AIR TO AIR HIM??? WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO ANTI AIR HIM??

How are you trying to aa if he is jumping back lol??

JUST BLOCK AND PUNISH!!!!!

Now I know how Allen Iverson felt when they were talking bout practice.
U are completely crazy, u are asking me why i should let him jump on me like a retard every single time because i cant anti air or air to air him cuz of his fucking teleport threat?
That move is completely broken, if i try to anti air, i get hit by it into full combo, if i dont, then u do a jump in and gets free pressure
If i block and u do it u can cancel it into throw
Im not even talking about his mindgame in amplifying or not it on block, good luck reacting to it in a 150 ping match btw
That shit move should be nerfed to the ground and never be useful again in any mk game

What if he doesnt TP? Just give him th free jump in? Empty jump throw? Tele cncel throw? Jump in staggers? Tele cncel staggers? How does just block in every situation get me the life lead? You dont have to answer that, at some point you gotta make a hard read. And the scorpion player is forcing you into that at the character select screen. Air Teleport should be a 2 slot gear move. Either you get cancels or teleport/Jump in mix.
The OP was about jump back TP. No cancel, no empty jump.

He has f4,3 but if you can’t block that I can’t help you. Most players are f/blocking it on reaction. His best threat is ALWAYS a throw.