What's new

Do we like the Batman stance, walk and animations?

Do we like his animations?

• Yes

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 79 69.9%

• Total voters

mkbat

Noob
Well, my opinion is that at this point human kinematics is broken down and studied to near-perfection, we know what works and what doesn't, and when we don't - it takes a bout of computer modelling to get a comprehensive picture.

It means that at this point we have three basic options when it comes to design of moves:
1) Be realistic. Do your homework, research, make your gritty character.
2) Be artistic. Direct your moves as if you were staging a dance, try to be creative, make your elegant character.
3) Be ridiculous. Aesthetics is deeply subjective, but IMO this Bats tries to land here, as well as some other NRS characters or at least their moves did.

Since Bats is a normal human, this kind of applies to him. Actually, it's about suspension of disbelief. When we see something that is explicitly a human, we expect it to move like one, otherwise it may quickly become weird.
Thats my point.. Batman's stance is weird and has me at disbelief that NRS would do such a thing. And NO, Batman is not your Normal Human. He is Peak Human Strength, Peak Human intelligence, Peak Combat and much more.

Snoop88

Noob
Yeah, his stance looks very weird and not like a combat stance(holding purse - perfect comparison). As for me it should be first thing to fix. How this is even supposed to be a combat stance? There are plenty of better stances which will suit him well. Other thing I don't like is his victory animation in I2. Nothing special. He should have throw some smoke bomb which would cover full screen and after a while Bat would jump out of it right in front of you.

mkbat

Noob
I actually like
Yeah, his stance looks very weird and not like a combat stance(holding purse - perfect comparison). As for me it should be first thing to fix. How this is even supposed to be a combat stance? There are plenty of better stances which will suit him well. Other thing I don't like is his victory animation in I2. Nothing special. He should have throw some smoke bomb which would cover full screen and after a while Bat would jump out of it right in front of you.
when he throws the batarangs but I like your idea of smoke also. I wish he had TWO victory animations.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
And NO, Batman is not your Normal Human. He is Peak Human Strength, Peak Human intelligence, Peak Combat and much more.
What I mean is that his bones are bones, his muscles are muscles, joints are... Well, you know. He respects three Newton's laws, biochemistry and kinesiology, everything related you can think of as well. He does stuff normal humans do - just reasonably better.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
My question would, be "Does it matter if we like the Batman stance, walk, and animations?" And the answer would probably be "No, it doesn't matter -- they're going to be the same anyway". So on my end, I'm just going to shut up and play the game :cool:
I think this is a really shitty attitude and attempt at shutting down discussions you don't agree with. God forbid we have a laugh about Batman's silly purse-holding stance on the official game forum. We're not supposed to talk about things just for fun? Only the hard issues that arbitrarily "matter"? You must be the life of the party at social events.

And who says we can't get this changed? I know devs read these forums and they have changed things we've asked for in the past. It's totally plausible they'll see this and change his stance.

Very simple question. It was one of many player gripes with batman, he didn't play aesthetically like maybe he should have.

How do we feel about him? especially with animations returning.

Its all very early, but would we be happy to have everything returning again?
Man, I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Batman is my favorite DC character, mostly because of the Christopher Nolan films. But when I got my hands on him in the original Injustice, I was very disappointed and didn't even attempt to main him. Ended up going with Catwoman, 'cause she was the only other complex-looking martial arts character I enjoyed aesthetically.

Long story short; They need to change his stance and animations to something more akin to the Arkham games.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think they changed it. I found this on my twitter feed.
Is anyone else thinking Batman is about to say,"Olay!" and clap before breaking into a Mexican Hat Dance while singing La Cucaracha?

If not that, then he's definitely about to start Moonwalking to Smooth Criminal...

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I think they changed it. I found this on my twitter feed.
Not to be a debbie downer, but I think what we are seeing here is the transition from Batman's intro dialogue to his normal fighting stance. I don't think this is a new/updated fighting stance. Just my 2 cents

mkbat

Noob
Not to be a debbie downer, but I think what we are seeing here is the transition from Batman's intro dialogue to his normal fighting stance. I don't think this is a new/updated fighting stance. Just my 2 cents
You might be right

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
His stance? Copy and paste from injustice for sure, didn't like it ethier.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I would prefer the stance Tanya (MKXL) has, than this, that looks like some bitch questioning you "You want my money? Try to beat me."