What's new

Do we like the Batman stance, walk and animations?

Do we like his animations?

• Yes

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 79 69.9%

• Total voters

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hopefully this conversation keeps going, as I know almost every Batman fan hates his stance and fighting animations.

No real brawling.
Weak looking strikes.
Not enough gadget usage.
Not enough Smoke or evasive animations.

I doubt this will make a difference in the designers lives, but hey, at least we get to voice our opinion.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hopefully this conversation keeps going, as I know almost every Batman fan hates his stance and fighting animations.

No real brawling.
Weak looking strikes.
Not enough gadget usage.

I doubt this will make a difference in the designers lives, but hey, at least we get to voice our opinion.

The strings and animations are cool but the specials are lack luster mkvsdc had batman like specials such as the batarang that misses and comes back or the jump back explosive batarang i also agree with him having way more gadget and smoke looking strings like i still believe b23 is one of the coolest looking strings in fg history he needs more like that so you can feel like you're using batmans entire arsenal without him having a million special moves even something like smoke has now with f12 i believe where he punches the ground and smoke comes up but no teleports tho

Barrogh

Meta saltmine

No real brawling.
Weak looking strikes.
Not enough gadget usage.

Well, at least we have Arkham Batman. Some of his moves may be weird and/or have some of showing off in them, but at least there they are made look impactful through little visual and audo tricks.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It's still better than Bruce's animation in the Telltale series, that's the very definition of "stick up his ass".

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So? That is only your opinion.
There are some things that characters are which are beyond the scope of an opinion at this point. Kinda like established notion that Batman is competent martial artist, but looking at his moves in NRS games you'd think that it's almost within informed ability territory.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
My question would, be "Does it matter if we like the Batman stance, walk, and animations?" And the answer would probably be "No, it doesn't matter -- they're going to be the same anyway". So on my end, I'm just going to shut up and play the game :cool:

mkbat

Noob
My question would, be "Does it matter if we like the Batman stance, walk, and animations?" And the answer would probably be "No, it doesn't matter -- they're going to be the same anyway". So on my end, I'm just going to shut up and play the game :cool:
Well I am definitely going to play it regardless if they change it. Its just the fact I am a Batman Fan and I would hope they can make him look more cooler because he is batman. Its like putting Bruce lee in a fighting game and giving him a scorpion stance.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
There are some things that characters are which are beyond the scope of an opinion at this point. Kinda like established notion that Batman is competent martial artist, but looking at his moves in NRS games you'd think that it's almost within informed ability territory.
I disagree, but I respect your opinion.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I disagree, but I respect your opinion.
Well, my opinion is that at this point human kinematics is broken down and studied to near-perfection, we know what works and what doesn't, and when we don't - it takes a bout of computer modelling to get a comprehensive picture.

It means that at this point we have three basic options when it comes to design of moves:
1) Be realistic. Do your homework, research, make your gritty character.
2) Be artistic. Direct your moves as if you were staging a dance, try to be creative, make your elegant character.
3) Be ridiculous. Aesthetics is deeply subjective, but IMO this Bats tries to land here, as well as some other NRS characters or at least their moves did.

Since Bats is a normal human, this kind of applies to him. Actually, it's about suspension of disbelief. When we see something that is explicitly a human, we expect it to move like one, otherwise it may quickly become weird.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Well, my opinion is that at this point human kinematics is broken down and studied to near-perfection, we know what works and what doesn't, and when we don't - it takes a bout of computer modelling to get a comprehensive picture.

It means that at this point we have three basic options when it comes to design of moves:
1) Be realistic. Do your homework, research, make your gritty character.
2) Be artistic. Direct your moves as if you were staging a dance, try to be creative, make your elegant character.
3) Be ridiculous. Aesthetics is deeply subjective, but IMO this Bats tries to land here, as well as some other NRS characters or at least their moves did.

Since Bats is a normal human, this kind of applies to him. Actually, it's about suspension of disbelief. When we see something that is explicitly a human, we expect it to move like one, otherwise it may quickly become weird.
Uhm... Ok.