What's new

DO NOT REMOVE MK9 CHARACTERS FROM MK10 IN VS. MODE!!!

Would you want all the MK9 characters to be playable and maybe updated in MK10's VS. MODE?

• Total voters

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It is a FG franchise.

Without a vs. mode it is no longer a FG. Why would NRS waste their time with that nonsense? (Unless we're talking Shaolin Monks 2, which is a different story)
Ask Namco, it's their idea to make another game from well-known FG franchise (Soul Calibur) and announce that it'll be (basically) singleplayer game.
Not that I'd expect the same from NRS, but we live in weird times...

Back on topic, I'd expect MK10 to have all the characters from MK 1 and 2. If everything else fails, I want at least Raiden. But I mean, c'mon...

Mileena was still alive at the end of MK9, IIRC.
Tbh even those who weren't are still available as Netherrealm ghosts.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
My guess is the old cast will return. They'll probably pull some sort of role swap though and have those who died serving Shinnok and Quan Chi from the Netherrealm with Raiden trying to win some of their souls back to his side IMO. Likely a good Liu Kang vs Raiden revenge plot would occur in this scenario and it'd setup Raiden to draw in all the new fighters to try and get himself enough allies to survive facing down his old friends.

Writes itself and seems an obvious way to keep canon and get the cast who died to return to me.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ask Namco, it's their idea to make another game from well-known FG franchise (Soul Calibur) and announce that it'll be (basically) singleplayer game.
Not that I'd expect the same from NRS, but we live in weird times...

Back on topic, I'd expect MK10 to have all the characters from MK 1 and 2. If everything else fails, I want at least Raiden. But I mean, c'mon...

Tbh even those who weren't are still available as Netherrealm ghosts.
They already did that, it was like Shaolin Monks was.

It was also awful lol

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
They already did that, it was like Shaolin Monks was.

It was also awful lol

I think he is referring to Soul Calibur Lost Swords, which is coming out next year I think?

Its like Tekken Revolution, in that it's a weird F2P thing, but also its apparently single player only.

Goldi

Noob
I've been playing Sarah Bryant in Virtua Fighther since 1993. And she has never really changed much, just gotten new moves and new games or gameplay mechanic adjustments and whatever really but still the same Sarah.. Every one needs a blonde in a ponytail doing cartwheels lol. So yes I'd love to be playing Jade in 2033!

To really get to know a character can take time. And if given years and multiple games I think players can just keep building and adding to their characters. Like really understand and grow, not be hit with "new game, start over again" with every game in the franchise. I really think mk9 got enough right to just kind of adjust a few things a little and continue to build on. There's no need for drastic changes and intense roster makeovers anymore <3

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
There were 5 Sheeva players?

To answer the question: No. It's been said 2-3 times already why bringing back all those characters from MK9 and adding additional characters for MK10 would be a bad idea.

What are they changing so drastically about the engine that would make it that hard to port over MK9 character for vs only?

I know it won't be a simple copy and paste but still, NRS isn't going to just drop their progress with MK9 and jump in another direction. The art style is going to be the same, and so will the engine. Both are awesome and work well, they wouldn't just throw them out for something new and time/resource consuming. They don't even have to give them new costumes.

I hope they don't plan on making a new engine with every new game, and that they keep the MK9 engine in MK10.

I don't know why it's so easy for Tekken, but NRS should take some notes.

Sektor(yay!), Cyrax, Cage, Sheeva(I hope she does make it back, he has potential, and i'd love for her to get some more story and character development) and Baraka aren't dead so I'm not that butt hurt, but still damn near every classic favorite bit the dust in MK9, at least have them in the vs mode.

CRKFIEND

Noob
I don't think I seen anyone mention this before. And I know I mentioned this a few times in stream chats, especially when I seen NRS reps chattin wit us:

DO NOT REMOVE MK9 CHARACTERS FROM MK10...IN VS. MODE!!!

For once I'd really like to see NRS truly go up and beyond for the casual/competitive players and actually "get it right". You wanna talk fan service? Then make the character select screen as healthy as possible in MK10.

Not trying to take away from the MK10 story or any returning characters from MK9 to MK10 that may be updated. Because obviously you'd want to move forward.

But I definitely don't see a reason to NOT port over the remaining MK9 characters and make them playable in VERSUS MODE (or any mode that's NOT story mode)!

Keep in mind, I'm assuming that MK10 WILL IN FACT BE BUILT OFF THE MK9 ENGINE. Cause if not, or built off Injustice, then fuck that game LOL. :p

I'd like MK10 to be a reason, I'D WANT TO STOP PLAYING MK9.

I'm just saying...

Discuss.

P.S: I'd be open, if they released MK9 characters for MK10's VS. MODE as DLC.

P.S.S: PLEASE VOTE! K. THX. BI!
WUT? MK9 and Injustice run off the same engine. Sorry to burst your bubble guy.

Because we need to support this thread to the end this time, if you get what I mean. So NRS listens to us and finally gives us the game we deserve with the characters we love.
the petition was canceled due to similar stuff like that tho.

but i get what u are saying. but i'm asking we don't bring up the past. it's pointless.

It would make absolutely no sense for dead characters to be playable. Unless they're brought back to life via magic/zombification.

Which....why kill a character just to bring them back with deus ex machina? Makes absolutely no sense from a story telling stand point.

Besides...why do you want the exact same roster over and over and over and over again. If the sequel did this, one of two things would happen:

We would have the exact same roster.

Or, we would have the same roster plus a few extra characters.

The latter may seem ideal, BUT...the more characters you pack into a game, the harder it becomes to balance and the more difficult it is to make each character unique in terms of playstyle.

Keep the dead folk dead and give us something new to play.

Dude did you really like the new MK cast ??

RYX

BIG PUSHER
People are so retarded. If the games so bad why the hell do these people 500+ posts.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Because they wanted to discuss and contribute to the community and maybe learn something.

If MK10 has stupid hitbox problems, goofy safe mix ups, and general stupidity that exists in Injustice or the multitude of bugs, glitches, and character imbalances that plague MK9 I wouldn't bother either.

Injustice is still an enjoyable game.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Because they wanted to discuss and contribute to the community and maybe learn something.

If MK10 has stupid hitbox problems, goofy safe mix ups, and general stupidity that exists in Injustice or the multitude of bugs, glitches, and character imbalances that plague MK9 I wouldn't bother either.

Injustice is still an enjoyable game.
No other fighter has glitches/bugs/ridiculous shit in them at all.

Nope. Just NRS games.

Mahvel, y'all.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
No other fighter has glitches/bugs/ridiculous shit in them at all.

Nope. Just NRS games.

Mahvel, y'all.
I left Marvel loooooooong before folks realized what I did as an Iron Fist player...Doom missiles would over run every team format. Then came the tac infinites, broken Zero's and wave after wave of zoning setups like Morridoom and Zero doom. I played a pure footsie guy in that game and could tell it was time to leave early given Doom could interrupt a combo or lock you down all on one busted assist.

There are FAR more issues than Dr. Doom though. The jank ass hit boxes that have some of the most ridiculous utility in any fighting game ever going to teleporters like Vergil and Dante. The Sword loops, the unblockables, the snap in unblockables, X factor...Game goes to whoever has the most bullshit. Never have I seen a game so heavily loaded at the character select screen than Marvel.

It sucks too because I love 3 man assist based combat flow in a fighting game, but they just put too much ridiculous stuff in the game. Even though they dealt with the BS of Dark Phoenix, Divekick-erine, Armored assists, and the lack of OTG's that plagued vanilla all they did was make the game more broken with what they added to Ultimate. TvC was a better game even with Marn's Zero and Giants.