What's new

DO NOT REMOVE MK9 CHARACTERS FROM MK10 IN VS. MODE!!!

Would you want all the MK9 characters to be playable and maybe updated in MK10's VS. MODE?

• Total voters

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I'm gonna be extremely selfish and just let NRS know for my dollar...

No Kitana, no purchase.

They can do whatever they want with the rest if the roster.

its not even confirmed that mk 10 has a versus mode nor do i think it needs one. its more a story based fighting game, not everything has to have online.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
its not even confirmed that mk 10 has a versus mode nor do i think it needs one. its more a story based fighting game, not everything has to have online.
no versus mode? has there ever been a fighting game where you couldnt play two players and fight against your buddies?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no way in hell .... they made this new MK9 , joining the exactly concept formula that worked out and sold well the game : a story mode + versus mode .... if they dare to go in another direction with the new MK10, they will certainly fail ..... I doubt will gonna see a new MK without this gameplay structure for the new game console generation

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

I agree, the vs mode has been holding MK back for 20 years now.

They need to retool the experience to a adventure game in the style of Heavy Rain or The Walking Dead.
Dialog trees, inventory management, occasional QTE combat, and minimal exploration.

Maybe go a step further and implement visual novel style dating, finally we can see Cage and Sonya get together.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I agree, the vs mode has been holding MK back for 20 years now.

They need to retool the experience to a adventure game in the style of Heavy Rain or The Walking Dead.
Dialog trees, inventory management, occasional QTE combat, and minimal exploration.

Maybe go a step further and implement visual novel style dating, finally we can see Cage and Sonya get together.
I laughed really hard at this post

Just to reiterate, this was an extremely dumb post.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Noob Saibot(possibly as Sub-zero)
That was clever, hope NRS consider your idea. I would add that to avoid getting rid of Noob Saibot they could make a new Noob Saibot but from his shadow, so the real goes back to be subZero and the shadow remains as Noob Saibot. Hope NRS consider my idea. :(.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
That was clever, hope NRS consider your idea. I would add that to avoid getting rid of Noob Saibot they could make a new Noob Saibot but from his shadow, so the real goes back to be subZero and the shadow remains as Noob Saibot. Hope NRS consider my idea. :(.

I would prefer him being both, and having a stance switch gimmick, can switch to shadow or ice for different playstyles.

Either that, or they will just keep him with shadow powers and have Frost take the role as ice person.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I would prefer him being both, and having a stance switch gimmick, can switch to shadow or ice for different playstyles.

Either that, or they will just keep him with shadow powers and have Frost take the role as ice person.
I don't know man, shadow AND ice power in the same char? I still prefer 2 separate chars, and I really don't want Frost, unless she is completely different from Killer Frost, or if at least NRS don't give her a slide :rolleyes:,

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I don't like this idea at all for MK10, but would love a version of MK9 on next gen...perhaps maybe then they could make a big update to go along with MK10 for download. Not sure if someone already said that considering I am quick replying to the OP. MK9 is such a great game, I do hope we haven't seen the end of it.

You are too obvious. You are doing all you can so Sheeva is playeble in MK10:). Unfortunately, she is the less likely MK9 character to be included in MK10. I can feel you, odds are against Mileena too.

gdf

Noob
You are too obvious. You are doing all you can so Sheeva is playeble in MK10:). Unfortunately, she is the less likely MK9 character to be included in MK10. I can feel you, odds are against Mileena too.
Mileena was still alive at the end of MK9, IIRC.