What's new

DO NOT REMOVE MK9 CHARACTERS FROM MK10 IN VS. MODE!!!

Would you want all the MK9 characters to be playable and maybe updated in MK10's VS. MODE?

• Total voters

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I stated all that needed to be said, that is all and I will comply just ensure Digi gets the same message as well.
Don't worry, Digi doesn't want this thread being about what he's said before. He'll aim to keep it that way.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
That's not how it works, MK10 is a totally new engine. MK10 engine will be similar to the injustice engine but for next gen.
The reason they added scorpion to injustice was because NRS wanted to know how mk characters would look in the new engine.
Porting is not that easy as we think. Most people probably expect some of the characters from mk9, but not with the same move sets. I would be extremely piss if they keep the same move sets. NRS puts a lot of work into their games, characters recycling is for lazy studios.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I feel like every single character in MK9 deserves to be in MK10, except maybe Freddy, since he was more of a one time guest character thing. I really hope the rest of the roster makes it back.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
i think it would suck if kung lao and kabal werent playable in mk10. they are two of the best characters in mk9. i know lots of people think they are broken (especially kabal) but they just need a few tweaks to be balanced, not taken out completely

Well hold on... let's think about this. With Injustice they embraced letting characters be completely different with their traits. So if she comes back in MK10 they should give her interesting design. She should take reduced damage like Goro does. If she took reduced damage like Goro she would almost be viable.

But who am I kidding... why would they waste their time on putting her in 10? Also there is no way she will be DLC because who would pay for her? Unless they made her boss character type good.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Imo, the game will have close to 40 characters, with two rounds of DLC included, and arcade characters having a bigger representation than 3d characters. However, with each new game the pool of arcade characters will start to become dwarfed by 3d MK characters who are not as universally known or liked by a large portion of the people who bought MK9(I'm assuming). NRS sold a lot of MK9 units because it was a 2d retelling of the original 3 games, which has a universal appeal among all of MK's fanbase, but building a game around the lesser known characters is an interesting risk. This is why having games built around alternate timelines or realms is advantageous, but might not be be financially feasible. Imo, NRS should have taken the budget for MK legacy and the feature film, given it to Madhouse, and made an MK anime series. Cheaper, and it would let you do more with the MK story/characters in down MK years.

I think they would start making brand new characters instead of using some of the 3D characters, some of them are beyond salvagable.
I also don't think they will go as high as 40, Injustice with its 6 DLC characters is only at 30, which is less then MK9.

A Mortal Kombat feature film will be much more profitable then a 2nd tier anime.
Legacy is w/e, it's just cheap filler, something to do until they get the go to start full production on the movie.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well hold on... let's think about this. With Injustice they embraced letting characters be completely different with their traits. So if she comes back in MK10 they should give her interesting design. She should take reduced damage like Goro does. If she took reduced damage like Goro she would almost be viable.

But who am I kidding... why would they waste their time on putting her in 10? Also there is no way she will be DLC because who would pay for her? Unless they made her boss character type good.
What is the problem with Sheeva again? I can only see the one where she lacked options and tools and had poor framedata and whatnot... in MK9. Not that it has anything to do with MK10...
Is it that she was never popular or something? Well, let's just say when I look on half of IGAU roster I ask myself - who the heck all these people are?

What is the problem with Sheeva again? I can only see the one where she lacked options and tools and had poor framedata and whatnot... in MK9. Not that it has anything to do with MK10...
Is it that she was never popular or something? Well, let's just say when I look on half of IGAU roster I ask myself - who the heck all these people are?

She was unpopular. Now was she unpopular because she was bad? Who knows. She also could be unpopular because she was trolly with her telestomp. But that was the reason I picked her!

Oh love your Jarmen Kell profile pic by the way. One of my favorite games of all time.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All I really want in terms of characters
Noob, Chameleon and Havik as a Zoner, hybrid, and rushdown
Trevor, Baraka, and a Shokan as my grapplers

Have whoever else you want ;_;

incoming wall-o-text:

has an uncomfortably-noticeable package.

Wait, isn't that most guys who play MK?
LOL....no. :p

Erm... Wait a minute. Are you asking them to port MK9 version of all characters in MK10 so that you could play MK9 without bothering to launch MK9 or something?.. :)
I'm asking that no characters are left out of the next MK game, and are selectable in VS. MODE. I don't want to play MK9 just to play certain characters I like.

I'm sure many of you have played MK2 and was like "I wish Sonya was playable". Or played MK3 and be like, "where Raiden at". And so on and so on. And yes, I know it's nothing new with like any other fighting game.

But I'd like for MK10 to not have that same feel.

Let's be serious here:

EVENTUALLY they'll have to make a MK Armageddon-ish reboot game in the future. But, I'd rather they take the method I'm suggesting.

PREACH!!!
Excellent post man!!!

Hopefully the game is nothing like MK9.

#NotKappa
-__-

Well hold on... let's think about this. With Injustice they embraced letting characters be completely different with their traits.
Characters in MK10 can be different with a greatly fleshed out move set. let's leave the Injustice mess in that mess. :p

Things get scary when the character select screen gets Tekken-y with MK.
I mean... Armageddon... :(
Tekken Tag 2 is an EXTREMELY BALANCED fighting game. So large rosters doesn't equal automatic clusterfucks of imbalance.

Uhhh dood, MK9 was the reason you stopped playing MK9. I know because we had to listen to you for the last couple of years talking about it...
Seriously man (and everyone else), give this a rest.

But while you are 100% correct on my frustration for MK9. I never stopped playing the game. And I definitely want MK10 to play extremely close to MK9 as possible (system mechanic wise).

Someone mentioned in the thread, that they believe MK10 is gonna play like Injustice. If that turns out to be true, I refuse to support it and won't even waste my time.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I agree about the new characters, but that brings its own bag of problems. They asked Tobias on a MK DC podcast which characters, of the new characters, were his favorite and he picked Boraicho just for the humor. He didn't really name anyone else. Any new characters they make will suffer the same fate as the 3d ones imo. Tobias was invaluable as a designer, and even his MK4 characters have a redeeming charm to them: Quan chi, Reiko, Tanya, Fujin (Shinnok and Jarek are horrible designs). It'll be interesting to see their new designs, though.

I'll pm you about the movie stuff.

Well the Tao Feng characters are just as bad as 3D MK characters, so I don't know if Tobias still go it.

I don't think new characters have to suffer the same fate, they just need to get some new blood to help design the characters. Or ask their sisters at DC for some help. Just keep who ever was making the 3D characters far away.

Fuck, they could outsource their shit to deviant art and get better results then this

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'm asking that no characters are left out of the next MK game, and are selectable in VS. MODE. I don't want to play MK9 just to play certain characters I like.

I'm sure many of you have played MK2 and was like "I wish Sonya was playable". Or played MK3 and be like, "where Raiden at". And so on and so on. And yes, I know it's nothing new with like any other fighting game.
Oh, I see. For some reasons I though it was about keeping their basic crunch.
Then again, they'll probably keep their signature moves anyways, as long as they are in the game.

On a note unrelated to gameplay, I actually would like to see more characters recieving better characterization and some spotlight via story mode. I mean, remember that scene from MK9 and how Baraka was awesome there? Me neither...

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I frankly don't care who returns as long as I get my two all time favorites back; the block button and dash cancels. Please NRS, keep Injustice Injustice and Mk Mk.

With that said, I actually hope very few characters from 9 return...I'm excited to see what they will do with Tanya and a handful of other characters from MK4 and beyond. Actually, now that I think about it, NRS should only bring back the characters they really screwed over in MK9 and give them a second chance at the lime light (Jade, Baraka, Sheeva, Stryker, Noob, Nightwolf etc.,)