What's new

DMG CD Jr's NYCC Injustice Impressions

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
His special move when he shoots the ground with a missile is unblockable. It's like cyrax's bomb, you can shoot in front, on them or behind them. And it explodes as it hits the ground, this opened up for some sektor style rocket setups. But you could get more off them as the opponent HAS to move.
ah i see, its that the move were the red circle appears on the ground before the missile?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In most 2D fighters that are back to block, when an attack enters active frames, there is a hitbox that triggers blocking animations, even though the attack doesn't hit. It extends out pretty far in most cases. This makes it hard sometimes to walk back to make space because you'll just block.

In most 3D fighters, blocking animations only trigger when the attack lands/gets blocked. You continue to move.

IGAU's blocking is like a 3D fighter's. Which means walking back will be better than MK9's because you'll be blocking as you walk back.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
The background stuff going on doesn't matter at all.
It's a fighting game. It's one stage and two characters. That's it.

It's not Crysis 3, it's not Battlefield 3, it's nothing else with insanely huge worlds and great graphics.
The look of the game doesn't change shit.
Crysis and Battlefield don't run at 60 fps on consoles like MK9 does and Injustice will. Yes, what's going on in the background DOES matter because they're still polygons and textures to be rendered by the hardware.

lol guile and sagat are special and ryu, deadly recovery on a projectile means spam the shit out of it sure. I actually like the way Dieminion plays, he's really smart and his reactions are sick.

But that wasn't the point of what I was saying, he was asking how people get around it in SF.

Think about this, if they have the chip damage in injustice like it was in MK, then who the hell wouldn't just shoot fire balls from full screen with a character like green arrow, still at least 12 more characters to be announced too, who knows what they will be able to do.
Eh, the chip damage in MK9 was high, but not so much on projectiles specifically. Like I don't have the numbers on hand but I want to say a blocked Liu Kang fireball is gonna do like 0.5% or something? That's probably not gonna win you rounds by itself, you're gonna have to actually hit them with something. And even with a character like Freddy, the complaint wasn't really that he had too much chip damage, more that it's just goddam impossible to get in and he's got full screen frame traps and all this other nonsense.

It's a very old build...according to colt, like an 8 month old build.

Dashing in this game looks to work a lot like SFIV. Although it's much faster and covers more distance. Walk speeds are probably slower because walking back is so good. Unlike most 2D fighters, IGAU's blocking isn't triggered by proximity. It's literally a Tekken-style block. Which is absolutely awesome. This is what I was hoping they did with the blocking.
So certain mechanics haven't been fully implemented? Did he say if projectiles will trade in the final build?

no but it's built using the same engine and runs at 60fps
Engines can improve and when it comes to Injustice, it looks like it improved a lot.
That was one of the first things they said, when they revealed the game. They were working on the engine.

Injustice looks better, it sounds better and it "feels" better. In MK9 they all moved like in MK1. In Injustice every character has his own style to move. Look at Harley Quinn, look at Solomon Grundy, look at Green Arrow. They all have a ton of personality, while you can't say the same for MK VS DC.

If NRS did all these things right with Injustice, let's just hope that they worked on the netcode as well this time. I at least am willing to believe that.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Engines can improve and when it comes to Injustice, it looks like it improved a lot.
That was one of the first things they said, when they revealed the game. They were working on the engine.

Injustice looks better, it sounds better and it "feels" better. In MK9 they all moved like in MK1. In Injustice every character has his own style to move. Look at Harley Quinn, look at Solomon Grundy, look at Green Arrow. They all have a ton of personality, while you can't say the same for MK VS DC.

If NRS did all these things right with Injustice, let's just hope that they worked on the netcode as well this time. I at least am willing to believe that.
I really hope the online is good, because with TTT2 and Soul Cal5 being as good as they are online, there is really no excuse anymore,

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Eh, the chip damage in MK9 was high, but not so much on projectiles specifically. Like I don't have the numbers on hand but I want to say a blocked Liu Kang fireball is gonna do like 0.5% or something? That's probably not gonna win you rounds by itself, you're gonna have to actually hit them with something. And even with a character like Freddy, the complaint wasn't really that he had too much chip damage, more that it's just goddam impossible to get in and he's got full screen frame traps and all this other nonsense.
You're talking about MK9 at past tense. You already forgot about it? lol In MK9 all projectiles that deal more than 6% damage deal 2% chip.

AssassiN

Noob
ah i see, its that the move were the red circle appears on the ground before the missile?
Yes it is.
Managed to play the game myself and posted everything I saw in thread. Cyborg was among them.
Cyborg is a good counter against the Flash :p.

Cyborg can only have ONE missiletarget in the build I played(was at Gamescom, in August).
So it's not like Cyrax where you can have 3 bombs on the screen, you can only have one.

1man3letters

Yes it is.
Managed to play the game myself and posted everything I saw in thread. Cyborg was among them.
Cyborg is a good counter against the Flash :p.

Cyborg can only have ONE missiletarget in the build I played(was at Gamescom, in August).
So it's not like Cyrax where you can have 3 bombs on the screen, you can only have one.
thanks man,
got another question if you or anyone could help,
so far in the build whats the story with the jip/jik? i seen it the flash thread in the move list there was a section for air normals, seems like it be more like SFs air normals rather than mk9s jip/jiks

The way I see it is, nearly every FG to release Post MK9 has had better netcode/features than the previous FG. So, it's only a matter for Injustice to improve, just because MK isn't made my Asian devs doesn't mean they don't have the knowledge regarding what ever degree they got for making games.

AssassiN

Noob
thanks man,
got another question if you or anyone could help,
so far in the build whats the story with the jip/jik? i seen it the flash thread in the move list there was a section for air normals, seems like it be more like SFs air normals rather than mk9s jip/jiks
In the build I played you had 3 different kinds of Jump-ins.
You had the JIP, JIK and something that seemed like a Jump-in-grab. Never hit anyone with the JIG but may have that changed now.

In my build the JIK is like the JIP in MK9(opponent stays on the ground and you continue combo) and JIP was like JIK in MK9(knocks opponent off the ground).

1man3letters

In the build I played you had 3 different kinds of Jump-ins.
You had the JIP, JIK and something that seemed like a Jump-in-grab. Never hit anyone with the JIG but may have that changed now.

In my build the JIK is like the JIP in MK9(opponent stays on the ground and you continue combo) and JIP was like JIK in MK9(knocks opponent off the ground).
hmm sounds very strange, guess will have to wait till April to see for myself

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
О как, интересно Эд Бун там был, на этой выставке...
Принц - это считается свежий билд? Никаких видео больше нету с этой выставки?

Good shit! ;)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ed Boon: "Should we showcase Injustice at Comic-con?"

hec: "Sure, but it's a pretty old build, the competitive guys might critique it too much"

Ed Boon: "No way, they will just be glad that it was shown off and people got to play it"

hec: "..."

Ed Boon:

this game is really getting better but my question is .. what do u think about nightwing ? his combos playstyle and blah blah is he cool u think he close close 2 a mk char or something