What's new

DMG CD Jr's NYCC Injustice Impressions

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Did we seriously just front page a guy's thoughts about Injustice?
no, we seriously front paged an extremely good player and one of the premier faces of our communities thoughts about Injustice. and it generated 7 pages of discussion and its only half way through the day, while other front page news doesnt get off the first page. next time keep your unhelpful passive aggressive comments to yourself, they really have no place here. they help absolutely nothing

no, we seriously front paged an extremely good player and one of the premier faces of our communities thoughts about Injustice. and it generated 7 pages of discussion and its only half way through the day, while other front page news doesnt get off the first page. next time keep your unhelpful passive aggressive comments to yourself, they really have no place here. they help absolutely nothing
I was about to reply to him, but you basically said what I wanted to say haha.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
yay!!!!! haha sounds good. I really like deathstroke and am trying to play 1 char that game instead of 5 per tourny haha.
yeah i really want deathstroke in too, ill probably end up playing him if hes in as hes one of the few cool characters DC has and assuming Batman Beyond and Static Shock dont make it, but DS was in MKvsDC so im sure he will be back

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It doesn't make any sense that normal trades are already in the showbuild but projectile trades are not. Someone who is going to comic-con or has a twitter should ask if projectiles will trade.
Not sure why this doesn't make sense.. It's a pre-alpha. Throws are in the game but throw techs are not yet, etc. They are adding features, moves, and characters as they go.

Crysis and Battlefield don't run at 60 fps on consoles like MK9 does and Injustice will. Yes, what's going on in the background DOES matter because they're still polygons and textures to be rendered by the hardware.
Polygons and textures are not what get sent across the wire in a networked fighting game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
but LBSH, how can a game thats 6 months from release be a pre alpha build? I believe the core game is there, it's all balance work to be done now.
Jimmy, why do you think so many games get delayed? It's not a leisurely process; a lot of times it's a race to the finish line, and requires superhuman effort and ungodly hours (90 hour weeks) pulled by the entire team in order to ship the game on time.

They were still adding new characters to Playstation All-Stars like a month before 'release'. 6 months is a looong time in the gamedev industry. :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
IT IS A OLD ASS BUILD PEOPLE, DAMN

Remember the TGS trailer and how good the gfx were in that? Now compare that to this build...case closed.

People were saying the same shit with mk9, you guys never learn
Ive been reading this guys ^^^^ status updates and posts and I SWEAR i wish more people thought like him and knew what he knows

I like u MM357

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Did we seriously just front page a guy's thoughts about Injustice?
Someone upset he posted them here and not mku?

Odd post, seeing how it is CD JR and whose thoughts we care a lot about it makes total sense to bring this to everyone's attention

Solo

Shadow Priest
Someone upset he posted them here and not mku?

Odd post, seeing how it is CD JR and whose thoughts we care a lot about it makes total sense to bring this to everyone's attention
Nahh.. Piggy, I just trolling.

Don't want to bring this thread off topic. Let bygones be bygones, Man.

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
Zoning and spamming are not equal. Would you call MK2 Mileena's ability to spam mid air sais good zoning? That shit is braindead. I use it, but I would never pretend that it isn't braindead. And spamming becomes less zoning, and more braindead when it destroys your opponents options--not through any skill of the spammer, but only because of the character's powerful design.

Characters who have strong keepaway have to be given an Achilles heel. You either have to make their projectiles fade and/or trade, give them poor mobility, low health, poor backdash, poor throw range, or you give them no low special move. Green Arrow should not have a low arrow. That's too much. He has a fast backdash, which will let him reset his position, and he has air, standing, and low projectile. That's not good design, and it's not even fun or fun to watch someone run away an entire game. And does this game have a timer?

I agree with everything but the last statemented.... you may find zoning boring but other may find it interesting to watch!

NariTuba

disMember
CD jr

Did you happen to get a look at the button config? What's that like? In particular I'd like to know if you can configure your buttons from character select, or if you have to go back to the main menu to do it. Also would like to know if you set your buttons by selecting the attack and hitting a button (like in MK9) or if you scroll through a list of buttons and select what you want each one to do (like in SF4 and MvC3).
Dude this is a BEAST question. This actually means a lot to us international players.

There are many pads for sale around these parts that are PS3 compatible but are not made by sony. An original pad costs the equivalent of $400 here so its no joke to be able to get a perfectly functioning pad for less than half that.
Games like MK that recognize the button you're pressing allow for normal button checks; but games like SF4 are a NIGHTMARE because the input the game calls "circle" is not the circle in your substitute pad.

good shit, hope someone confirms. Just out of curiosity, why where you asking about it?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dude this is a BEAST question. This actually means a lot to us international players.

There are many pads for sale around these parts that are PS3 compatible but are not made by sony. An original pad costs the equivalent of $400 here so its no joke to be able to get a perfectly functioning pad for less than half that.
Games like MK that recognize the button you're pressing allow for normal button checks; but games like SF4 are a NIGHTMARE because the input the game calls "circle" is not the circle in your substitute pad.

good shit, hope someone confirms. Just out of curiosity, why where you asking about it?
They need to make sure the button configuration is not only in character select, but is also testable like VF5FS, and is like MK's in button selection. That is how button configs should ALWAYS be.