What's new

DLC hint/teaser by Ed Boon

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Guys what if..... Shang will morph only in the fighters that are NOT in game? Like Mileena, Smoke, Rain, Ermac...? It would make sense as NRS likes to put couple characters into one recently. Also, they are delaying DLCs so maybe they just underestimated the amount of work to put into them?

Lun

proud TERF!
A day one patch is the release state of the game dude lol. When the game is still yet to be released, you don’t refer to changes to the game as “balance patches”. The day 1 patch only struck people as a balance patch because they had the game earlier than NRS intended, plain and simple.

And, this is the most balanced out of the box an NRS game has ever been, and it’s not close. In fact, there’s not many fighting games period that are released more balanced (balanced in the sense of character viability at the highest level).

You say “I just can’t wait to FINALLY see this game have a better balance”, and I’m struck that what you actually mean is that you want D’Vorah to be better. As for the “finally” part.....dude...you’re crazy! One month! One!

And as far as D’Vorah, Sonic was beating Scar with her like yesterday pretty consistently. Stop relying so heavily on the tier list and the discussion around it. That shit really only matters at the absolute very best and highest level of play. If you’re a good, fundamentally solid player, I guarantee you can win a ton of games online with D’Vorah. It’s not like she can’t win. And when a brand new game has only 2-4 out of 25 characters that people say just are not good, that’s good balance out of the gate.

I think we will have to just agree to disagree here. (Lucky you that you don't main a negative-broken bottom tier!)

Soooo........ anybody else just annoyed by @noobde's "hints"? They aren't funny nor exciting, just annoying.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Nightwolf
  3. Sindel
  4. Fujin
  5. Penneywise
  6. Spawn
FREE

7. Cyrax

Kombat Pack #2

1. Mileena
  2. Sheeva
  3. Rain
  4. Havik
  5. Terminator
  6. Ash
FREE

14. Sektor

Kombat Pack #3

1. Emac
  2. Smoke
  3. Kenshi
  4. Serena
  5. Michael Myers
  6. Chucky, Annabelle, Jigsaw, Gremlin Quad Killer Kharacter
Perfection.

If we're going by the MK4 tease, then Fujin is my guess. The only other possibility I see is Reiko. Quan Chi, Shinnok and Tanya have already had their time to shine in the modern era, and people aren't really asking for Kai and Jarek.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I think we will have to just agree to disagree here. (Lucky you that you don't main a negative-broken bottom tier!)

Soooo........ anybody else just annoyed by @noobde's "hints"? They aren't funny nor exciting, just annoying.
What was more balanced?

Sonic just beat scar with her handily. I already know you’re not playing the game at the highest level, or close, so you are really using D’Vorah being bad as a crutch.

Hell 99% of the playerbase doesn’t even know what D’Vorah does or what strings are negative or what’s an overhead or low because no one is playing her. So what’s really stopping you? You. Every game has to have a bottom tier it’s the nature of fighting games. She could be amazing in one patch.

I’m genuinely curious as to what NRS game was better balanced day 1. Especially a MK game. And yes, one month is too soon for a balance patch. Quick hot fixes for stuff truly broken? Sure. And they’ve done that.

But D’Vorah not being as good as most of the cast doesn’t really qualify as the need for a hot fix come on now bro lol

Lun

proud TERF!
What was more balanced?

Sonic just beat scar with her handily. I already know you’re not playing the game at the highest level, or close, so you are really using D’Vorah being bad as a crutch.

Hell 99% of the playerbase doesn’t even know what D’Vorah does or what strings are negative or what’s an overhead or low because no one is playing her. So what’s really stopping you? You. Every game has to have a bottom tier it’s the nature of fighting games. She could be amazing in one patch.

I’m genuinely curious as to what NRS game was better balanced day 1. Especially a MK game. And yes, one month is too soon for a balance patch. Quick hot fixes for stuff truly broken? Sure. And they’ve done that.

But D’Vorah not being as good as most of the cast doesn’t really qualify as the need for a hot fix come on now bro lol
You may be correct actually, but since I've started playing a couple other characters as well, I've become more aware of how bad D'vorah is. A bottom tier is ok...... but a negative-broken character is just wrong in my opinion.

In any case, I wonder how Nightwolf will look in MK11. I usually have a fetish for the stereotype of the native American. Most probably because they're spiritual and one with nature; same reason I like Cetrion too.
My favorite Street Fighter character is T.Hawk and my second main in Killer Instinct is Chief Thunder. Never played much Nightwolf tho. I liked him but he didn't come off as a nature-lover so he wasn't as cool to me.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Guys what if..... Shang will morph only in the fighters that are NOT in game? Like Mileena, Smoke, Rain, Ermac...? It would make sense as NRS likes to put couple characters into one recently. Also, they are delaying DLCs so maybe they just underestimated the amount of work to put into them?
I considered this as well, but I don't see it happening. Aside from the incredible amount of work it would be to create this type of character, the balancing issues would be a nightmare. Unless of course, he takes one move from each or something and the morph is very brief.

Really just want to see what the DLC characters can do. I'm not really enjoying anyone but Shao Kahn since launch when it comes to the base roster.

Afumba

Noob
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Nightwolf
  3. Sindel
  4. Fujin
  5. Penneywise
  6. Spawn
FREE

7. Cyrax

Kombat Pack #2

1. Mileena
  2. Sheeva
  3. Rain
  4. Havik
  5. Terminator
  6. Ash
FREE

14. Sektor

Kombat Pack #3

1. Emac
  2. Smoke
  3. Kenshi
  4. Serena
  5. Michael Myers
Were do i sign?

NRS make this guy your DLC chief, NOW!

Resistible

MK fan since '92
I considered this as well, but I don't see it happening. Aside from the incredible amount of work it would be to create this type of character, the balancing issues would be a nightmare. Unless of course, he takes one move from each or something and the morph is very brief.
The transformations can be as brief as any buff in the game with a few more seconds added on by augments. In my opinion they'd almost have to make him morph into characters not in the game with a small movelist like that of D'Vorah's bug, otherwise we're going to see him turn into generic or random skins from each character because having him morph into each character with different options and abilites will be a glitch/bug nightmare if not a coding headache.

John Grizzly

The transformations can be as brief as any buff in the game with a few more seconds added on by augments. In my opinion they'd almost have to make him morph into characters not in the game with a small movelist like that of D'Vorah's bug, otherwise we're going to see him turn into generic or random skins from each character because having him morph into each character with different options and abilites will be a glitch/bug nightmare if not a coding headache.
More than likely, he will just be able to change into his opponent again, like he did in MK9. I hope I'm wrong, though. We shall see soon enough.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
More than likely, he will just be able to change into his opponent again, like he did in MK9. I hope I'm wrong, though. We shall see soon enough.
There's that difference though between MK9 and MK11, the option to modify your character with thousands of different skins and gear. If they take the route of having Shang turn into his opponent I wouldn't be surprised if it's a generic skin and gear with one of the preset tournament loadouts.

John Grizzly

There's that difference though between MK9 and MK11, the option to modify your character with thousands of different skins and gear. If they take the route of having Shang turn into his opponent I wouldn't be surprised if it's a generic skin and gear with one of the preset tournament loadouts.
It could probably just mirror the loadout of whatever the opponent is wearing pretty easily and just use the P2 colors.

Lun

proud TERF!
I don't think it's going to happen, but I think Shang Tsung turning into characters who aren't in the game would be the best solution. We can't have him turn into 25+ different characters, and if he just turns into his opponent it's boring. So, him turning into Mileena, Kintaro and so on would be perfect.

Ac3s777

Noob
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Nightwolf
  3. Sindel
  4. Fujin
  5. Penneywise
  6. Spawn
FREE

7. Cyrax

Kombat Pack #2

1. Mileena
  2. Sheeva
  3. Rain
  4. Havik
  5. Terminator
  6. Ash
FREE

14. Sektor

Kombat Pack #3

1. Emac
  2. Smoke
  3. Kenshi
  4. Serena
  5. Michael Myers
i had a felling that the robots might be free as well lol but that is wishful thinking, the reason i think the dlc is taking so long is because with shang coming out i dont know if he'll have his morphs back or not and if thats the case i dont know how much time they need to program that with no bugs

Resistible

MK fan since '92
It could probably just mirror the loadout of whatever the opponent is wearing pretty easily and just use the P2 colors.
That's a lot of code to write for one character though, it'll be easier to just make his custom abilities different morphs where someone like Mileena and Reptile take up one slot and Goro take up two

ArryKae

Noob
Did he not morph into other characters in previous games? I'm genuinely curious, I haven't owned a MK since MK1.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Nightwolf
  3. Sindel
  4. Fujin
  5. Penneywise
  6. Spawn
FREE

7. Cyrax

Kombat Pack #2

1. Mileena
  2. Sheeva
  3. Rain
  4. Havik
  5. Terminator
  6. Ash
FREE

14. Sektor

Kombat Pack #3

1. Emac
  2. Smoke
  3. Kenshi
  4. Serena
  5. Michael Myers

I also think we'll get the cyborgs for free. However, I think Sektor will be released first.

Also, Pennywise won't be in KP1 otherwise he'd have been datamined. For licensed characters they have to get that shit all done and dusted WAY ahead of time. Hence why we had 4 of them alone in the datamine. Replace him with Joker (who was in the datamine) and you're good. I honestly think those 4 will be the only guests we get, 2 for each Kombat Pack.

There won't be a third Kombat Pack either in my opinion. They will just release 3 more characters seperately to make it up to 17, which fills out the character select screen perfectly.