What's new

DLC hint/teaser by Ed Boon

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Why do people assume that Cyrax and Sektor could be free in the KPs? Because their models are already done in the story mode? Was Tanya free in MKX? Was Bo'Rai Cho?

If they're coming as DLC, we're paying for them.

In MK2 and MK3 he could turn into any character in the roster. Good times.
And in MK9, the boss version of Shang Tsung could morph into anyone. The playable version could only morph into his opponent though. It would be interesting if he can morph into anyone here, but I have my doubts on them including that.

Kratilim

Noob
And in MK9, the boss version of Shang Tsung could morph into anyone. The playable version could only morph into his opponent though. It would be interesting if he can morph into anyone here, but I have my doubts on them including that.
Actually, in mk9 the boss version could only ever morph into 3 other characters. And that would include the player's character, so shang , player, 2 additional. This was due to the game being setup as a tag 2v2 game, so the game was built around loading in 4 characters per match. So in this game I highly doubt he'll be able to morph into more than one, if that. You can't even select tag in consumables if the cpu has one already. So don't expect more than one morph, tops.

Last edited:

KCJ506

Noob
Did he not morph into other characters in previous games? I'm genuinely curious, I haven't owned a MK since MK1.
In the earlier games he could, however those used sprites and the majority of them were on cartridges instead of discs and thus didn't have loading times. For example, the N64 version of MK Trilogy, which was on a cartridge, had no loading times, but was missing a few characters, however Shang Tsung could morph into every character without any issue. However, the PS1 version, which was on a disc, had to load every single time Shang Tsung morphed into another character and there was a notable and obvious pause in the action for several seconds whenever he did it, as the appropriate characters were swapped in and out of RAM.

This was why he didn't transform in none of the 3D MK games he was in and why in MK9 he was only limited to changing only into the character he was fighting against. Because their data was already in RAM and he can simply draw from that.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
More than likely, he will just be able to change into his opponent again, like he did in MK9. I hope I'm wrong, though. We shall see soon enough.
Agree. I'd actually be very surprised if this wasn't the case.

He could definitely turn into someone random for one of his fatalities, though.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
He went from showing us an old logo to a shower gel ...

... and now he's showing us a bucket.

A BUCKET.

What's next? A spoon? A shoe? A hairdryer?

Fuck this shit. I'm done doing speculation and looking for tweets until the damn trailer is released. His tweets used to be fun, but now they're just tedious.
Rain confirmed no no bucketman !!

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I’d love for one of Shangy bois fatalities to be him morphing into Motaro and going to absolute TOWN on the opposing player.

Motaro is a character who will never be playable in an MK on a 2D plane again. Least they could do is reference him properly elsewhere. In fatalities they have a bit more freedom of movement, so he’d be fine there.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Why do people assume that Cyrax and Sektor could be free in the KPs? Because their models are already done in the story mode? Was Tanya free in MKX? Was Bo'Rai Cho?

If they're coming as DLC, we're paying for them.
Cant buy them with hearts and souls :( would be cool

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I’d love for one of Shangy bois fatalities to be him morphing into Motaro and going to absolute TOWN on the opposing player.

Motaro is a character who will never be playable in an MK on a 2D plane again. Least they could do is reference him properly elsewhere. In fatalities they have a bit more freedom of movement, so he’d be fine there.
The moment Motaro 3D model gets in the game even as a shang fatal it will be followed by infinite hordes of ppl (including me) asking for him to be included in future dlc. The demands will be even louder than those already asking for Mileena, Sektor and Cyrax.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
You may be correct actually, but since I've started playing a couple other characters as well, I've become more aware of how bad D'vorah is. A bottom tier is ok...... but a negative-broken character is just wrong in my opinion.

In any case, I wonder how Nightwolf will look in MK11. I usually have a fetish for the stereotype of the native American. Most probably because they're spiritual and one with nature; same reason I like Cetrion too.
My favorite Street Fighter character is T.Hawk and my second main in Killer Instinct is Chief Thunder. Never played much Nightwolf tho. I liked him but he didn't come off as a nature-lover so he wasn't as cool to me.
Negative broken tier? Dude, what? REO and sonic both think she has some tools. She’s unsafe and kind of slow. The only reason people are talking about her like this is because before the release version of the game she was really really good.

I ask you again....do you compete? Offline? Are you a longtime competitive fighting game player? Are you so good that her lack of winning matchups is actually affecting you or are you just parroting what you hear other people say?

I guarantee you that right now, the fact that people don’t know the matchup AT ALL gives D’Vorah an advantage over other lower tier characters. You could probably be bopping people right now online with her because again, no one knows what she does. Have you even tried? Or just watch honey bee streams and call it a day?

Sonic was beating SCAR, arguably the best player in the world (top 3 for sure) with her, come on dude. D’Vorah is not holding you back, just admit it.

Now is D’Vorah holding honeybee back? Sure I’ll buy that. I just can’t see random online players go on and on about balance and how bad their character is when their character could be the best in the game and they’ll still get mauled.

You actually seem like a nice guy, I don’t want to go on and on and be a jerk towards you bro, but I challenge you’re perspective. Because when it comes to someone saying that this game is just imbalanced (relatively speaking) they’re flat out wrong.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
The moment Motaro 3D model gets in the game even as a shang fatal it will be followed by infinite hordes of ppl (including me) asking for him to be included in future dlc. The demands will be even louder than those already asking for Mileena, Sektor and Cyrax.
True, as I would also be one of those people despite knowing that NRS will never do it, as it's a logistical nightmare :(

But still, would be cool to just see him with an updated design haha.

I miss my angry centaur boi.