What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
But it could be scrapped idea/files of them being playable at first, right ?
Oh, sure! And to be fair, that seems to be the case here. But Boon teasing the Sektor mask gives me hope.

And it wouldn't surprise me if those characters are 90% done and NRS keeps them as a peace offering (take them for free!) in case the player base gets displeased with some game design philosophies (i.e. lootchests and hard as fuck towers).

E

Eldriken

Like how the flashlight in Stryker's X-Ray could somehow blind Kenshi, who is already blind.
That was explained, I believe. Boon said that Kenshi could still see light to some degree, hence Stryker's X-ray working on him.

I'll try and dig up the source, but it may prove difficult.

I can't find the tweet itself, but there's this:

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Pst... I'll tell you a secret... There is no 3 additional fighters. This is everything we are getting for this game.
You think ALL post launch support is mapped out before the game even releases? That sales and critical reception arnt even a factor? That's not how the industry works.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Pst... I'll tell you a secret... There is no 3 additional fighters. This is everything we are getting for this game.
nope .... if they really support this game long term, sure will have more .... otherwise, maybe you're right ! :)

Crimea

Noob
so if it's kp1:
Shang, Joker, Nightwolf, Terminator, Sindel, Spawn. (3 guests)

and kp2:
Ash, Fujin, Sheeva + 3 unknown.
Two of these unknown will be guests?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
so if it's kp1:
Shang, Joker, Nightwolf, Terminator, Sindel, Spawn. (3 guests)

and kp2:
Ash, Fujin, Sheeva + 3 unknown.
Two of these unknown will be guests?
I see more likely this :

KP 1: 4 MK characters + 2 guests
KP 2: 4 MK characters + 2 guests

Since we already know who are the guests (Ash, Joker, Spawn and Terminator), the speculation now it's about who are the remaining MK characters thal will make it into the final roster :)

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
You think ALL post launch support is mapped out before the game even releases? That sales and critical reception arnt even a factor? That's not how the industry works.
Of course not but thats NRS. Only them can do shitty website with 29 slots just because and only them can tell you that fightable NPCs were mistake and they won't do that again and then include them in next game because lol. Only them can have polls on Twitter asking fans for opinion and then just ignore it. Only them can tease secret characterS and then put only Frost which is not secret at all. Oh, and besides only them can cofirm base roster of 25, at the same time including there preorder bonus fighter which is not accesible for everyone. Plus can someone post this gif with Boon speaking with this guy about PC version being as good as console? So yeah. I think their marketing sucks and these fighters are the only ones we are getting. Nothing else at all! And also dont expect story DLC, extended chapters or whatever. They are too lazy to do that.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Of course not but thats NRS. Only them can do shitty website with 29 slots just because and only them can tell you that fightable NPCs were mistake and they won't do that again and then include them in next game because lol. Only them can have polls on Twitter asking fans for opinion and then just ignore it. Only them can tease secret characterS and then put only Frost which is not secret at all. Oh, and besides only them can cofirm base roster of 25, at the same time including there preorder bonus fighter which is not accesible for everyone. Plus can someone post this gif with Boon speaking with this guy about PC version being as good as console? So yeah. I think their marketing sucks and these fighters are the only ones we are getting. Nothing else at all! And also dont expect story DLC, extended chapters or whatever. They are too lazy to do that.
You're one of those 'I shit on the game on every single post that I make' types, aren't you?

Crimea

Noob
I see more likely this :

KP 1: 4 MK characters + 2 guests
KP 2: 4 MK characters + 2 guests

Since we already know who are the guests (Ash, Joker, Spawn and Terminator), the speculation now it's about who are the remaining MK characters thal will make it into the final roster :)
this looks like the best scenario

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Do You Need a Snickers?

Also, if you expect Story DLC, thats just asking yourself to be shot in the foot later down the road here.

Tbh, NRS marketing has been bad, yes. The situation with the Towers of time is bad yes.

Problem is, that Fans themselves, not only here, but all over the damn place, have been complaning about everything they have seen, plus all them stans when it comes to their character not being in the game.

Im not excusing NRS here, cause they have fucked up, but some of this is from WB

at the end of the day, its just a regular day on the internet.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Do You Need a Snickers?

Also, if you expect Story DLC, thats just asking yourself to be shot in the foot later down the road here.

Tbh, NRS marketing has been bad, yes. The situation with the Towers of time is bad yes.

Problem is, that Fans themselves, not only here, but all over the damn place, have been complaning about everything they have seen, plus all them stans when it comes to their character not being in the game.

Im not excusing NRS here, cause they have fucked up, but some of this is from WB

at the end of the day, its just a regular day on the internet.
I know man. Thats why I still don't know why someone is still setting expectations high because of some teases or blurry predictions just to get them stomped AGAIN. And no, I'm not the type of guy to shit on everything. I'm just the guy who explained that you shouldn't expect anything else, because we have been that road before and got nothing.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
She was supposedly a noble Edenian queen, Shao Kahn killed Jerrod, she couldn't take the burden of seeing Kitana being raised as Shao Kahn assassin and killed herself. Then Quan Chi traps her soul in Outworld and eventually resurrects her as a weapon.

This statement that she helped kill Jerrod doesn't make any sense, not even considering the new timeline since the new one branched from the 10th tournament, which was A LONG WAY after Edenia invasion.

So we're either talking about a third timeline that branched before Edenia invasion, and somehow this game could go to such times, or they completely rewrote her story, which would be disappointing cause it was pretty dramatic and now it's just a betrayal thing that Tanya or Quan Chi could have pulled off alone any day lol

Edit: also keeping in mind that Shao Kahn dialogue, he orders her to tell him something only Sindel would know, then she says Quan Chi murdered her right under his nose. He proceeds to call her an impostor and a liar, which would be adequate since the true story is she killed herself. And this adds a whole new layer to this DLC character because it could be an "impostor" Sindel? A Sindel from an alternative timeline?
Damn I forgot how much I loved Sindel's storyline. Such an interesting, layered character. I really hope they didn't decide to just make her bad all along and completely change her backstory due to this time travel bullshit.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
I know man. Thats why I still don't know why someone is still setting expectations high because of some teases or blurry predictions just to get them stomped AGAIN. And no, I'm not the type of guy to shit on everything. I'm just the guy who explained that you shouldn't expect anything else, because we have been that road before and got nothing.
Wasn't the Kombat pack 2/XL edition announced quite a bit after the base came had come out. I never got the impression it was planned from day 1. Also they were thinking about Kombat Pack 3. I dont think its at all as pre destined as you think it is :).

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
What if Sindel only married Jerrod so she could kill him and rule Edenia? Or maybe she fell in love with Shao and decided to kill her husband for him. That's more interesting to me in terms of her potential character, though it flies in the face of established fact.

Except there are lines from other characters that back up this retcon. It does seem like they are going with "She was evil all along".

Only in one intro. In the others, he sees nothing odd with her new evil persona.

Plus other intros also talk about how Quan Chi faked her suicide. It really does seem like they are changing things so she adds always was evil.
That sucks. I love her old timeline lore