What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

I really like Sektor and Cyrax, they're cool, but to be honest I think people are in total denial when they presume they're gonna be DLC. In my mind it's just absolutely crazy that this idea would even be considered lol It would literally be the same as Ermac and Reptile as DLC, it's just not gonna happen unless they want some serious backlash. The Kombat Packs will probably continue being a way of reintroducing characters that skipped a game or more, and that's pretty fair to me, I'd rather see more new stuff rather than waste slots with characters that were in the last 2 consecutive games.

Triborg was a thing, but I don't think it'll be repeated twice.

This list is probably very true, and more Kombat Packs are surely on the way since they mentioned a longer support for this game, but they're gonna service the fans differently this time, I'll place my bets on Rain.

Reactions: Zev
Okay, can someone explain to me what the fuck happened to Sindel's whole story in these dialogues? They're painting her totally different from her previous lore. Something that caught my attention was how Shao Kahn calls her an impostor in one of their dialogues though, which could mean something and possibly explain this 180 they did on her past.

LeoMK29

Noob
Okay, can someone explain to me what the fuck happened to Sindel's whole story in these dialogues? They're painting her totally different from her previous lore. Something that caught my attention was how Shao Kahn calls her an impostor in one of their dialogues though, which could mean something and possibly explain this 180 they did on her past.
I also thought she was like a good guy before Shao Kahn killed/had Jarrod killed but now she was in on it too. And now Quan Chi killed her?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I really like Sektor and Cyrax, they're cool, but to be honest I think people are in total denial when they presume they're gonna be DLC. In my mind it's just absolutely crazy that this idea would even be considered lol It would literally be the same as Ermac and Reptile as DLC, it's just not gonna happen unless they want some serious backlash. The Kombat Packs will probably continue being a way of reintroducing characters that skipped a game or more, and that's pretty fair to me, I'd rather see more new stuff rather than waste slots with characters that were in the last 2 consecutive games.

Triborg was a thing, but I don't think it'll be repeated twice.

This list is probably very true, and more Kombat Packs are surely on the way since they mentioned a longer support for this game, but they're gonna service the fans differently this time, I'll place my bets on Rain.
You don't think Sektor and Cyrax have a chance due to Triborg but you're placing your bets on Rain? lol

I also thought she was like a good guy before Shao Kahn killed/had Jarrod killed but now she was in on it too. And now Quan Chi killed her?
She was supposedly a noble Edenian queen, Shao Kahn killed Jerrod, she couldn't take the burden of seeing Kitana being raised as Shao Kahn assassin and killed herself. Then Quan Chi traps her soul in Outworld and eventually resurrects her as a weapon.

This statement that she helped kill Jerrod doesn't make any sense, not even considering the new timeline since the new one branched from the 10th tournament, which was A LONG WAY after Edenia invasion.

So we're either talking about a third timeline that branched before Edenia invasion, and somehow this game could go to such times, or they completely rewrote her story, which would be disappointing cause it was pretty dramatic and now it's just a betrayal thing that Tanya or Quan Chi could have pulled off alone any day lol

Edit: also keeping in mind that Shao Kahn dialogue, he orders her to tell him something only Sindel would know, then she says Quan Chi murdered her right under his nose. He proceeds to call her an impostor and a liar, which would be adequate since the true story is she killed herself. And this adds a whole new layer to this DLC character because it could be an "impostor" Sindel? A Sindel from an alternative timeline?

You don't think Sektor and Cyrax have a chance due to Triborg but you're placing your bets on Rain? lol
Yes, my reasoning is Kombat Packs are opportunities for characters that skipped a game. Triborg was an exception I do not think will be repeated. He was a fan service that will surely be done differently this time.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
She was supposedly a noble Edenian queen, Shao Kahn killed Jerrod, she couldn't take the burden of seeing Kitana being raised as Shao Kahn assassin and killed herself. Then Quan Chi traps her soul in Outworld and eventually resurrects her as a weapon.

This statement that she helped kill Jerrod doesn't make any sense, not even considering the new timeline since the new one branched from the 10th tournament, which was A LONG WAY after Edenia invasion.

So we're either talking about a third timeline that branched before Edenia invasion, and somehow this game could go to such times, or they completely rewrote her story, which would be disappointing cause it was pretty dramatic and now it's just a betrayal thing that Tanya or Quan Chi could have pulled off alone any day lol

Edit: also keeping in mind that Shao Kahn dialogue, he orders her to tell him something only Sindel would know, then she says Quan Chi murdered her right under his nose. He proceeds to call her an impostor and a liar, which would be adequate since the true story is she killed herself. And this adds a whole new layer to this DLC character because it could be an "impostor" Sindel? A Sindel from an alternative timeline?

Yes, my reasoning is Kombat Packs are opportunities for characters that skipped a game. Triborg was an exception I do not think will be repeated. He was a fan service that will surely be done differently this time.
Meh, one would argue that Cyrax and Sektor ≠ Triborg but eh.
About the intro dialogues, those are clearly non-canon dialogues dude. There are always several per character.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Anyone think Terminator will look like Arnold Schwarzenegger? What a dream come true to play Arnold in mk lol.
The terminator has dialogue so it has to have skin and a face. It could only be a couple different terminators and I’d be fine with any of them. T2000 (I think) the liquid metal cop. That would be sick too. I have a hard time believing the character won’t be based on Arnold if he’s in though. Conan would be dope too.

I think we are going to get Revenant Sindel, so this would explain some of the wicked thoughts like having a "stronger and powerful" husband and being a full total queen.

I do think Quan Chi killed her though, she may has started to oppose Shao Kahn secretly and Quan Chi stopped her before something big happens (since, according to Cetrion, she is someone of huge importance to the unbalance of the realms).

I do think Quan Chi killed her though, she may has started to oppose Shao Kahn secretly and Quan Chi stopped her before something big happens (since, according to Cetrion, she is someone of huge importance to the unbalance of the realms).
The thing is, she really killed herself. And even Shao Kahn seems to know that clearly, since he calls her an impostor and a liar after she claims Quan Chi killed her. After her suicide and resurrection, the only person that takes her life in the new timeline is Nightwolf, in MK9.

Wasn’t this character list rumored by someone months ago? I remember I read something similar.

Can someone please post if there was additional information alongside that rumor?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Okay, I remembered an old leak (around the 11th of March) which most of us have called fake because some things didn't add up. However, after watching the latest trailers and seeing the DLC roster, I'm inclined to believe it has a lot of stuff going for it.

• The leak said that Cyrax and Sektor are in the story (turned out to be true)
  • The leak said that old and young Kano team up (turned out to be true)
- The leak gave those characters as SOME of the DLC ...

• Sindel
  • Sheeva
  • Nightwolf
  • Fujin
  • Joker
  • Terminator
  • Spawn
as well as ...

• Sareena
  • Reiko
Notice that the leak doesn't mention Shang and Ash as DLC, so either they swapped Reiko and Sareena with those two, OR Reiko and Sareena will be part of KP2.

• Is there a Shao Kahn fatality where he hits you in the head and shoulders multiple times? The leak says there is.
  • Leak also says that Reptile can be seen in the Krypt (hopefully not as Kenshi)
This page has the whole leak for those who want to be spoiled (scroll down and you'll find it under a spoiler tag):

I think we are going to get Revenant Sindel, so this would explain some of the wicked thoughts like having a "stronger and powerful" husband and being a full total queen.
Except there are lines from other characters that back up this retcon. It does seem like they are going with "She was evil all along".

And even Shao Kahn seems to know that clearly, since he calls her an impostor and a liar after she claims Quan Chi killed her.
Only in one intro. In the others, he sees nothing odd with her new evil persona.

Plus other intros also talk about how Quan Chi faked her suicide. It really does seem like they are changing things so she adds always was evil.

Either this Sindel was evil from the beginning, or Quan Chi's resurrection spell destroyed her moral compass and she's lying to her opponents to get a psychological advantage. They could write it both ways.
Except other characters seem to back up Sindel always being evil. It doesn't seem like it's just her lying, it seems like they changed her character and backstory.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Ok so since the intro dialogues came out there's no reason to believe this leak isn't real.

Now from a business perspective the list does make sense with regards to the MK characters chosen. NRS have said they are supporting the game for longer than they ever have and have been quoted as saying our reaction will be along the lines of "Wow that's so much content etc". 9 characters while a lot, is only the same amount as Injustice 2.

It makes sense that for the first wave its more the secondary characters that will be released as they will still be in the launch window and riding high on the base games success. Kombat pack 2 (and possibly 3) need the big draws (Rain, Ermac, Milleena , Smoke etc) to keep the sales momentum going as this is when sales will start to lose momentum traditionally.

All im saying is that if this truely is a long game, the initial picks do make sense from a business perspective.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Ok so since the intro dialogues came out there's no reason to believe this leak isn't real.

Now from a business perspective the list does make sense with regards to the MK characters chosen. NRS have said they are supporting the game for longer than they ever have and have been quoted as saying our reaction will be along the lines of "Wow that's so much content etc". 9 characters while a lot, is only the same amount as Injustice 2.

It makes sense that for the first wave its more the secondary characters that will be released as they will still be in the launch window and riding high on the base games success. Kombat pack 2 (and possibly 3) need the big draws (Rain, Ermac, Milleena , Smoke etc) to keep the sales momentum going as this is when sales will start to lose momentum traditionally.

All im saying is that if this truely is a long game, the initial picks do make sense from a business perspective.
Let's just hope the support they talk about is characters and story chapters, not just cosmetic stuff like skins and e-sports tournaments.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Except other characters seem to back up Sindel always being evil. It doesn't seem like it's just her lying, it seems like they changed her character and backstory.
Indeed. Kabal's backstory and persona was retconned too, was it not? Can't say I like this, especially DURING a storyline … they should wait for the third reboot to do these changes.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Just hit me: The fact that there are 9 DLC characters and Kronika as well as the cyborgs seem to have ladder endings makes me think … could those three be the last three DLC characters of KP2?