What's new

Tech Dirty Venom - The Bane tech discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I see. Well they definitely can't neutral jump out... I didn't test the forward/back jump though. You can also get a free b1 off of a deep j2.

I get what you are saying about the b2xxcommand grab though. Maybe this is only good as a debuff time killer, or to finish a fight with unclashable hits?
b.1 itself is a great set-up into throw, and b.11 is a command grab set-up so it has a niche use. If you link one on wake-up after a fast stand(b.23 b.23 reset) you can do a b.11 afterwards and tick throw into body press

This is why I love Bane. Unlike some of the other characters in the game, he has so many viable options (and a few that are more flashy than viable) to consider when trying to set up an opponent for some big damage.

Not to mention all the mind games that come with his resets and traps. I get way more mileage out of C.G.N.T. than I ever expected when I first read about it.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
This is why I love Bane. Unlike some of the other characters in the game, he has so many viable options (and a few that are more flashy than viable) to consider when trying to set up an opponent for some big damage.

Not to mention all the mind games that come with his resets and traps. I get way more mileage out of C.G.N.T. than I ever expected when I first read about it.

Probably the most fun character to play in the game. I main NW, but Bane is 2nd. That command grab is sex.

Its ok, I know you just assume none of my techs are viable. :(
Haha I just didn't expect it to work so often. I figured people would adapt to it a lot quicker. Also I find it causes its fair share of hatemail in combination with O.H.V.C.S..

Lots of accusations about "Grab spamming"

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Haha I just didn't expect it to work so often. I figured people would adapt to it a lot quicker. Also I find it causes its fair share of hatemail in combination with O.H.V.C.S..

Lots of accusations about "Grab spamming"

The good thing about it is its unexpected enough to work twice in a row, and has follow-up counters for all the answers.
I don't make my techs off of consistency, but fail-safes. :p

The good thing about it is its unexpected enough to work twice in a row, and has follow-up counters for all the answers.
I don't make my techs off of consistency, but fail-safes. :p
Shit son, I got a grundy four times in a row earlier today.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I haven't updated this thread since august, so I figure I'll do it with something I found recently.

Its weird, but when blocking DP it comes out slightly faster (or at least, fast enough to count as a true blockstring according to the game)
Yet when not blocking it, it comes out as a full damage move, albiet slightly slower.

Nothing huge just yet, but its interesting to look at.
Gets blown up by jump and jump-back, but both of those get blown out by b.3 from Bane which reaches the distance. In fact, b.3 is one of the better follow-up options since, at worst, it leaves you at only -4 and at best gives you a decent combo with the possibility of throwing them back into the corner.

Last edited:
The only really technical thing I ever do is a d2 into f3/b3 crossup setup. After successfully connecting with d2 (and you can't link a combo), dash up once and use f3 or b3. Assuming you've timed it correctly, Bane will end up on the other side of the opponent as they're standing up (in my experience, the timing for the f3 is very forgiving while the b3 is more stringent). You can also delay the f3/b3 to fake the crossup. Furthermore, you can MB the f3/b3 in order to scare your opponent into blocking (the wrong way, hopefully).

Backdashing won't help the opponent escape and jumping will only escape the f3. Wakeups can help but if you MB the f3/b3 it'll connect anyway. As far as I can remember, I have never been punished for using this tech, literally the worst thing that has ever happened was that they blocked it. The only problem that I can see with this tech is that it's very easy to see this particular setup (as there is only the d2 -> dash setup), so players may begin finding ways to escape it or even punish it. Again, though, I've never seen anyone punish me for it.

All this experience is mostly from online and a bit offline.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I haven't updated this thread since august, so I figure I'll do it with something I found recently.

Its weird, but when blocking DP it comes out slightly faster (or at least, fast enough to count as a true blockstring according to the game)
Yet when not blocking it, it comes out as a full damage move, albiet slightly slower.

Nothing huge just yet, but its interesting to look at.
Gets blown up by jump and jump-back, but both of those get blown out by b.3 from Bane which reaches the distance. In fact, b.3 is one of the better follow-up options since, at worst, it leaves you at only -4 and at best gives you a decent combo with the possibility of throwing them back into the corner.

When I first saw this happen while in training I was under the assumption that every pushblock left the person using meter a little negative. Thats what made the sinestro pushblock stuff soo confusing to me at first. So does this mean its just certain moves will come out of pushblock faster? How fast can d1, d2, and body press come out?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
When I first saw this happen while in training I was under the assumption that every pushblock left the person using meter a little negative. Thats what made the sinestro pushblock stuff soo confusing to me at first. So does this mean its just certain moves will come out of pushblock faster? How fast can d1, d2, and body press come out?
Not sure why, but as far as d.1, d.2 and the like go, if you can connect from that distance they literally have no damage whatsoever. No number comes up.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Not sure why, but as far as d.1, d.2 and the like go, if you can connect from that distance they literally have no damage whatsoever. No number comes up.
That really sucks, maybe it was an unintended glitch in development and the solution was to make it do no damage. Or maybe its a glitch that it does no damage..I still think it could be useful if bane could guarantee a knockdown off of an opponents pushblock everytime. Also does connecting a d2 into a combo still build meter(for both you and the opponent?)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That really sucks, maybe it was an unintended glitch in development and the solution was to make it do no damage. Or maybe its a glitch that it does no damage..I still think it could be useful if bane could guarantee a knockdown off of an opponents pushblock everytime. Also does connecting a d2 into a combo still build meter(for both you and the opponent?)
That's the thing, on block it's as per usual with no damage. However, on hit it does full damage. I can't explain it