What's new

Tech Dirty Venom - The Bane tech discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
RYX

Its time to spill the beans, you show me yours I'll show you mine. Also this is somewhere for people of all types to post their newly discovered Bane techs and tactics in a more refined state than the general discussion. This will be specifically about new dirty techs and other things you may not have thought to use.

Here's a start for you guys to go off of, I expect great things.

After landing a b.3 cancel, doing a late f.3 will cause an instant-stand state where the opponent will be forced into a standing position much faster than usual. Using this technique, you can link it into things like regular and command throws and really mess with the opponent's head. Not to mention the damage is decent on the b.3 to f.3 transition, anchoring in about... 19% on their own plus whatever you lead into it with.

j.d.3 b.23 11 b.b.R2 f.3 for example.

It doesn't do as much damage as you could be getting, but the extra grab and oki plus the decent enough damage make it worth it in its own way. You can also using this standing state as a combo reset, going into a b.23 relink into b.23 123 command grab for more damage. All in all using this combo, with the reset included... You can net in the area of 64% for 2 bars using this tactic WITHOUT venom, and about 80% with the venom on the back end. If you hit confirm into level 2 venom, then stagger into level 3 venom, you will be doing in the area of... 95% for 3 bars (using one for EX backbreaker).

There's a similar set-up using the f.1 but the timing is a bit different and it isn't as close as the f.3.

So lets hear all your dirty secrets. :O

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Hmm looks like a thread to watch for me. Tbh I'd be surprised if I discovered something you two didn't know :p

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As it so happens, if you are quick enough you can link f.2d into d.1, but more to the point...
f.2d links well into b.b.R2, as it would happen. The dropkick isn't just for show, meaning our overhead cleanly goes into a wall bounce for stage transition and so on. 42% if you go for full combo at level 2 venom, being...

f.2d b.b.R2 j.2 22 d.b.f.3

I mean you have the meter, might as well turn that wake-up into a free 42%. At level 1 venom it does a small bit less sitting at about 37%, but still not bad off of an overhead. If you are out of venom and need the cooldown reset, using this to stall time off via cinematic is also nice if they are near a transition.

KingKuma

Noob
Here's a Body Press set-up I came up with using any backstage bounce interactible.

With the ji.D3 it's 56% meterless (38% + 18%); without it it's 48% total (30% + 18%).

I tested it as thoroughly as I could and I couldn't back dash or jump out of it. You HAVE TO use a well-timed wake-up attack. The best part is that if you delay the Body Press just slightly and they wake-up your armor kicks in and they get scooped anyway XD

Giggles

Red Lantern Corps
Just found out bane can blow up grundys walking corpse with raging charge normal ,also lvl 3 venom f2d,double punch,and venom uppercut.Doesn't matter early or late it will hit no follow ups both recover at the same time,the lvl 3 venom f2d,double punch,and venom uppercut plows through the armor (on a side note im pretty sure these go through all other moves with armor properties as well especially those b,3 and f,3 mb spammers) and you can combo the f2d into raging charge,if mb it will do 40%.On a side note standing 2 cancel into raging charge works and does a total of 18% as long as the 2,bf1 is done before grundy goes past the middle part of his animation you will always land it clean.With a little practice you will be scaring away grundy players from walking corpse,as well as all other armor abusers.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just found out bane can blow up grundys walking corpse with raging charge normal ,also lvl 3 venom f2d,double punch,and venom uppercut.Doesn't matter early or late it will hit no follow ups both recover at the same time,the lvl 3 venom f2d,double punch,and venom uppercut plows through the armor (on a side note im pretty sure these go through all other moves with armor properties as well especially those b,3 and f,3 mb spammers) and you can combo the f2d into raging charge,if mb it will do 40%.On a side note standing 2 cancel into raging charge works and does a total of 18% as long as the 2,bf1 is done before grundy goes past the middle part of his animation you will always land it clean.With a little practice you will be scaring away grundy players from walking corpse,as well as all other armor abusers.
Bit late, but nice picture.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Figure its time to let out some things.
j.d.3 b.23 b.23 super (level 3 venom)

If you do it right, its a nearly inescapable 92% from anywhere on the screen.
b.23 has a weird thing about it in that when the opponent lands they are forced into this really weird standing state right off the bat. Not only is it sure to catch some people off guard, but because of how the standing is timed, if you properly time your super (just after the 2nd b.23 ends) they are forced directly into it.

There are some exceptions, but just to note the common solution of jumping away won't work to my knowledge (the CPU couldn't get out, after all), and of course this will catch people who backdash on the immediate wake-up.

The only problem is it won't catch rolls if you time it early enough to prevent the jump. If you delay it enough, though, you can catch the roll.

Heres the fun part, theres a possible 100% combo in the corner if we manage 1 jump in, and we only have to guess right once.

Assuming the opponent guesses wrong, doing a level 2 venom j.d.3 b.23 d.2 b.23 into level 3 venom b.23 123 EX venom upper into the command grab reset.

33% + 46% + 24% = 103% for 1 bar. IMO not too shabby.

If you don't feel confident in your d.b.f skills...

(level 3) j.d.3 b.23 d.2 b.23 into b.23 123 BTB.
You have to have good timing to use level 3 right as the splash goes, but if you do it right its a flat 40% linked into a 60% for exactly 100% life.

This tech also leaves them with next to no time to use any wake-up attacks because unlike usual knockdown, the time you have to input commands is nearly non-existant.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
f.2d into charge in the corner.
Puts them just behind you, and according to my test the charge causes a somewhat different situation than the b.23 reset but the same end result. At that range, its impossible to jump out of the super on wake-up. What's more is you throw them back into the corner afterwards.

Needs further testing, but its a really solid lead-in using the b.23 d.2 b.23 reset in the corner as I notice a lot of people hold down to block your next set of things meaning the overhead is usually free. Its also very deceptive, since it looks like it will whiff much like how the b.23 reset looks normally. You need to be fast though, you'll be cancelling out of the last bits of his charge flex in order to land it before the jump can come out.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
(level 1 venom) j.d.3 b.23 d.2 (level 2 venom) b.23 (30%)
(level 2 venom) f.2d b.f.1 (26%)
L2+R2 (45%)

In case you didn't know, this is a midscreen 100% level 2 venom combo reset. If you play it right, they won't be able to get out unless they hella-buffer out an ungrabbable attack. One wrong guess on the block (blocking low to avoid the b.23 loop, and taking that overhead) will be basically a free kill. It may also (if you aren't careful about it) leave them with literally 1% so be mindful to land that level 2 venom to get that extra % on the combo

If you are worried about them blocking the mix-up and you being stuck with level 2 debuff, you can actually just use level 1 for the combo and then juice to 3 for the super and it'll also kill.
26% + 23% + 54% = 103% midscreen

I'm trying to figure how someone might escape it. Aside from grab-immune attacks, they can't jump or backdash, and you can't techroll the charge. Basically their only shot is to use something you can't grab through when you go to use the super, or to tech roll the b.23 reset which is useless for them in the corner and not exactly devastating to us midscreen.

I welcome anyone else in that convo to copy over what they posted from there to here. We may as well let out what we know to try and help make the most of our buffs.

Giggles

Red Lantern Corps
The only problem I see is them clashing through the combo because of the damage they will be getting meter fast which will be a pain in the ass because of the wasted venom and meter.

LEGI0N47

I have done a super immediately after a charge on-line and had it jumped a couple times. Maybe my timing was off or its just that on-line lag at work. It's fun to catch them for 54% though, I've heard many a daaammmmmmn after that happens, lulzs.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The only problem I see is them clashing through the combo because of the damage they will be getting meter fast which will be a pain in the ass because of the wasted venom and meter.
They only get one. If they waste it early on the beginning parts, they lose it when we eventually resink it. We have much more damaging tools than simply the reset, that's why the best bits are basically reset after reset after reset.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I have done a super immediately after a charge on-line and had it jumped a couple times. Maybe my timing was off or its just that on-line lag at work. It's fun to catch them for 54% though, I've heard many a daaammmmmmn after that happens, lulzs.
Timing is really tight, you literally have to cancel the ending animation of the charge. He should only get about half a flex then the super pops out. Set the AI to jump and keep doing charge cancelled into super (mash it if you have to) until you sink it and feel the timing. You'll eventually get it.

LEGI0N47

There are also some very fun things to acomplish with interactables on Venom. My fav is on watchtower with the jet because it's easy. Venom up, Light em up and proceed to full combo before they recover. It's very easy to go over 100% should you corner them and do say 113,bf1 or b112,db1, start a fire (shameless Bane reference) and finish.

LEGI0N47

Timing is really tight, you literally have to cancel the ending animation of the charge. He should only get about half a flex then the super pops out. Set the AI to jump and keep doing charge cancelled into super (mash it if you have to) until you sink it and feel the timing. You'll eventually get it.
I think I just miss timed it, and I do mash the shit out of it. That is what i've done to many a DS on round 2 on lvl 3 :D

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
His 113 dash after is a really good start-up for some mind games.
Try doing b.23 b.1 113 and notice their timing on standing back up. Seem familiar?
Doing a b.23 b.1 113 dash into normal grab/command grab/b.23/double punch/super will yield some surprising results. Likewise, doing b.23 b.1 113 double dash will catch tech rolls if they have made a habit of it.

b.23 b.1 113 super with the proper dash cancel timing will catch people regardless of if they roll or not.

Giggles

Red Lantern Corps
hey doombawkz I personally don't have a problem with this match up,but what are banes odds against batman? because people are talking a lot of shit about bane in this fight

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
hey doombawkz I personally don't have a problem with this match up,but what are banes odds against batman? because people are talking a lot of shit about bane in this fight
Not the best because he can zone us and our charge is useless, but honestly its no worse than maybe 7-3 his favor. I feel after the dash buff its more like 6-4 but that's just me.

Not the best because he can zone us and our charge is useless, but honestly its no worse than maybe 7-3 his favor. I feel after the dash buff its more like 6-4 but that's just me.
It's the fact he can zone + he has the bats. It's a nightmare against people know what they're doing. When his bats are down, it's not nearly as bad.

(level 1 venom) j.d.3 b.23 d.2 (level 2 venom) b.23 (30%)
(level 2 venom) f.2d b.f.1 (26%)
L2+R2 (45%)

In case you didn't know, this is a midscreen 100% level 2 venom combo reset. If you play it right, they won't be able to get out unless they hella-buffer out an ungrabbable attack. One wrong guess on the block (blocking low to avoid the b.23 loop, and taking that overhead) will be basically a free kill. It may also (if you aren't careful about it) leave them with literally 1% so be mindful to land that level 2 venom to get that extra % on the combo

If you are worried about them blocking the mix-up and you being stuck with level 2 debuff, you can actually just use level 1 for the combo and then juice to 3 for the super and it'll also kill.
26% + 23% + 54% = 103% midscreen

I'm trying to figure how someone might escape it. Aside from grab-immune attacks, they can't jump or backdash, and you can't techroll the charge. Basically their only shot is to use something you can't grab through when you go to use the super, or to tech roll the b.23 reset which is useless for them in the corner and not exactly devastating to us midscreen.

I welcome anyone else in that convo to copy over what they posted from there to here. We may as well let out what we know to try and help make the most of our buffs.

Are you dashing forward after the b23 to get the roll?