What's new

Tech Dirty Venom - The Bane tech discussion

Not sure where to post this but i guess it kinda counts as a tech question.

What the hell can we do against nightwings staff spin wake up? I feel so helpless against it. I know i can stuff it with double punch but it does so little damage. I tried neutral jumping and it AAs me. I tried jumping over him but i end up too far away to punish.

What do?

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Jon Berg

Noob

What the hell can we do against nightwings staff spin wake up? I feel so helpless against it. I know i can stuff it with double punch but it does so little damage. I tried neutral jumping and it AAs me. I tried jumping over him but i end up too far away to punish.

What do?

Block?

Error

DF2+R2
As many of you may not know, I have a fascination with the dead. While channeling spirits, I was able to contact the Ghost of RYX , and such a selfless soul is he that he requested I share some tech he was working on before he was abducted by aliens and brutally murdered.

So here it goes, coming from the deepest pits of the hell ryx has been sentenced to:

so liek
f.3 is +9 n 1 is 9 frames. if you just frame it it actually forces a stand hitbox with its own mix up in 113 and 1~body press. works well with existing 5-/50 w/d1 and DP. b21 dash instant f3 is a good set up in the corner and can cross up if done fast
Bless ryx's soul, may he find peace in the hell known as mku.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm only channeling his spirit, I can't keep up with everything posted on the council.
Check it now, I quoted the post. Even the dead cannot keep up with me, his soul deserves to be damned to the pits of MKU with the rest of the casual scum.

Error

DF2+R2
I was contacted by the ghost of RYX once more, about some sort of wake-up reverse tech midscreen. Excuse his language as he is currently suffering in the most horrendous pits of hell.

i'm sure doom found this too but they don't post it so fuck them.
off b21 you can double dash, and by cancelling into jump (neutral or forward) it will reverse wake up. delay jump just barely and it won't reverse. d3, do on dash and it works pretty much the same. 22 seems corner exclusive
In case you were wondering, ghosts are incapable of using capital letters. I haven't had the chance to test this because I have to leave soon.

Doombawkz

KingKuma

Noob
Don't know if this has been discussed or discovered already but here's a set up that reverses the opponents wake up attack in the corner.

I'm sure someone will find more use for it but what I've been doing after the set up is either D1 xx DP or F2,D,2. I haven't tested this thoroughly but obviously they can't beat these 2 options with a wake up attack as it will be reversed so that leaves jumping, MB B3/F3, and back dashing as ways to get out. Feel free to go in the lab with this and experiment.

Also, this doesn't beat all wake up attack. While most front hit box, advancing wake ups get beat Lex Luthor's charge and Death Strokes sword flip don't as they have hit boxes behind them. Wake ups with front and back hit boxes (Lighting Cage, Sword Spin) obviously won't get beat.

Hope you guys find this useful and can expand upon it!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, talked about it but didn't have it on video. I think I'm the one who found it but I left it at just that. We have some better set-ups but its not able to be teched so its not bad. I'm glad its getting some attention and video footage, much obliged.

KingKuma

Noob
Yeah, talked about it but didn't have it on video. I think I'm the one who found it but I left it at just that. We have some better set-ups but its not able to be teched so its not bad. I'm glad its getting some attention and video footage, much obliged.

No problem! I only wish I had a capture card for better quality. I really dislike giving the opponent the ability to tech roll which is why I think the 22 hard knock down is valuable; even if it does cut down your combo damage by a lot. Do you know of any better ways to combo into 22?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No problem! I only wish I had a capture card for better quality. I really dislike giving the opponent the ability to tech roll which is why I think the 22 hard knock down is valuable; even if it does cut down your combo damage by a lot. Do you know of any better ways to combo into 22?
Honestly our 2's are very finicky so I don't have any particular ideas outside of b.23 d.2 j.2 22. I do know that 22 is a great mid-screen set-up for j.3 command grabs on block, I think the combo for that is b.23 b.1 22 as it is into j.3 (late) command grab on block.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Cool thing I found with bane after the running charge

If you do meaty D2 it'll hit because of the extend hurtbox on wake up, you can do another head charge if it hits

if you do an ex headbutt something weird happens, it puts you on the opposite side

Something just thought I'd put up.

I was goofing around in training mode and noticed that in the corner, if you do the 1,2 string followed by a bull charge, it sometimes goes over wakeup attacks and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a reason for this? I was playing against Doomsday and setup the AI to do every wakeup attack. But again, the charge sometimes stops the wakeup and it even crosses them over. Also, when you do the MB elbow follow up, you actually end up back ont he other side and the opponent is back in the corner.

BTW, against DD I noticed that if you block a wakeup upper venom it leaves him ont he opposite side in which you can do a ainti air grab. The thing is, reverse the input. I'll see if I can put up some videos of it tomorrow.

What do?

Back up a little and you can use charge on it to.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I haven't done extensive testing but it seems that b1 is a pseudo block infinite. You can b1,b1,b1,b1,b1 on block and Lex can't Corp Charge reversal it. The game says b1 is 17 frames and is +12 on block. The only escape is to backdash or push block. The timing is rather strict (the most reps I have done is 4 where i hit him out of corp charge startup twice in a row, and then you usually trade when you fail).

This would seem to open up a b1 or b11 mixup where you catch them with the b11 if they try to back dash.

Also, since b1 is a low, most parries wont work against it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I haven't done extensive testing but it seems that b1 is a pseudo block infinite. You can b1,b1,b1,b1,b1 on block and Lex can't Corp Charge reversal it. The game says b1 is 17 frames and is +12 on block. The only escape is to backdash or push block. The timing is rather strict (the most reps I have done is 4 where i hit him out of corp charge startup twice in a row, and then you usually trade when you fail).

This would seem to open up a b1 or b11 mixup where you catch them with the b11 if they try to back dash.

Also, since b1 is a low, most parries wont work against it.
Very old news. But yes, you can also loop b.1s as a juggle in the corner and snag about 3 reps.
Its also +16 on hit so it'll come out as one frame when you tag them with it

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Very old news. But yes, you can also loop b.1s as a juggle in the corner and snag about 3 reps.
Its also +16 on hit so it'll come out as one frame when you tag them with it
Sorry about that... didn't see any posts about it. I noticed Mustard using the juggle in the corner but I haven't seen anyone using it as a pressure tool. It seems really good, especially on characters without a 6 frame poke.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sorry about that... didn't see any posts about it. I noticed Mustard using the juggle in the corner but I haven't seen anyone using it as a pressure tool. It seems really good, especially on characters without a 6 frame poke.
The biggest problem it has is landing that b.1 in the first place, and them being able to jump and either escape the pressure or getting knocked down which will give them a chance to use wake-up invuln attacks to get out. Keeping them in the neutral is one thing, but if you are landing b.1s you might as well be doing b.23 and b.2xxcommand grab on them.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The biggest problem it has is landing that b.1 in the first place, and them being able to jump and either escape the pressure or getting knocked down which will give them a chance to use wake-up invuln attacks to get out. Keeping them in the neutral is one thing, but if you are landing b.1s you might as well be doing b.23 and b.2xxcommand grab on them.
I see. Well they definitely can't neutral jump out... I didn't test the forward/back jump though. You can also get a free b1 off of a deep j2.

I get what you are saying about the b2xxcommand grab though. Maybe this is only good as a debuff time killer, or to finish a fight with unclashable hits?