What's new

Tech Dirty Venom - The Bane tech discussion

What's the significance of going with the b23 d2 b23 instead of just b23 123 db2? They both can be tech rolled.

The important thing of it all is the super that is unavoidable after charge.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What's the significance of going with the b23 d2 b23 instead of just b23 123 db2? They both can be tech rolled.
b.23 d.2 b.23 is a much different scenario that b.23 123 d.b.2. For one, it causes a forced stand state much faster than the d.b.2 meaning they are forced to tech in a short window or stand and instantly be forced into another guessing game without having time to input a wake-up attack. This b.23 also eliminates invincible wake-ups for the most part because of the strict input window they have to go through.

b.23 also leaves you a lot closer, meaning even if they tech roll you can catch them much sooner. Your opponent is forced to show their hand the first time around and from there you get a punishment however you want. What's more is if you link b.23 as an ender into another b.23 its very possible to land the 3 part of it as the tech ends. Its positive on block so we don't have to worry about punishment, its fast and disjointed enough to prevent most rebuttals out of block, and lastly we can dash out of b.23 and be in a better position than the latter. d.b.2 gives us advantage, sure, but if they don't tech then they have time to read us and refute our attack. b.23 prevents that and works as a pseudo-reset.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Just did. Ignore the typo in the title.
That's pretty much it, yeah. You don't have to wait so long to do the f.2d though, they stand instantly so throw it out as soon as its available.
If you wait that long they may backdash, where as doing it sooner prevents it. You also got the charge animation cancel perfectly, this is a stellar example of what I was talking about, but it *could* be sooner. Was the AI set to jump?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
That's pretty much it, yeah. You don't have to wait so long to do the f.2d though, they stand instantly so throw it out as soon as its available.
If you wait that long they may backdash, where as doing it sooner prevents it. You also got the charge animation cancel perfectly, this is a stellar example of what I was talking about.
The F2d is still a tad weird to me. I have to figure out when to throw it out there. I was mostly concerned with the super cancel. I'm glad that's what it looks like. I've been trying it since that private message discussion.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As I said above, it could be sooner. It has to be fast enough to catch the AI out of jump. If I could record I'd show you what I mean but I don't have anything with that kind of capability except for like a 3ds.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
As I said above, it could be sooner. It has to be fast enough to catch the AI out of jump. If I could record I'd show you what I mean but I don't have anything with that kind of capability except for like a 3ds.
I see what you're saying now. I set Deathstroke to swordspin wake-up and the speed I'm doing it at is getting caught before it comes out. It has to be right as they land from the B23.

You can tech roll and back dash out of this, just fyi. I know it relies on the weird timing of the b23 ender resulting in them missing the tech roll, just saying.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
You can tech roll and back dash out of this, just fyi. I know it relies on the weird timing of the b23 ender resulting in them missing the tech roll, just saying.
You can dash after them too. I would rather them dash to get away than deal with a wake-up attack.

You can dash after them too. I would rather them dash to get away than deal with a wake-up attack.
Oh yea, of course. I'm just saying that they can avoid the f2d with the back dash is all.

The timing is ridiculously tight though. It's 85% damage at Venom lvl 3 though :eek:

You just need to hit the super before they start to move on the ground and you're good. Wake ups like black adam's lightning cage prevent it, but people are gonna try and jump out or miss that wake up for sure.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If they tech roll, you know what they will do next time. So cancel b.23 into a dash or hell...

do b.23 b.23 into another b.23 and you'll catch them. Rolling doesn't do them much of any good since they can't make anything of it. They lose all invuln frames meaning we get to get back in on them for free. His b.23 covers crazy distance.

As far as backdashing goes, within the boundry of human execution and with the variety of options we have on top of this reset, rolling out may not be the best plan nor is backdashing. This isn't something that is flatly avoidable, and I'll be posting a video soon about how it should look between the reset and the f.2d and how quick they would have to react.

Once its done rendering, this will show the speed at which the f.2d can come out. I mess up the charge cancel but the rest is pretty spot on. Oh god the bad quality. 3DS why are you so bad at recording :confused:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Here's a dirty ass corner version of this:

b23 f2d bf1 and then super on wake up - 99% at lvl 3
I listed something to that effect on the first page in one of my things. You can turn that into a 100% only needing to go to level 2 if you do it right.

I listed something to that effect on the first page in one of my things. You can turn that into a 100% only needing to go to level 2 if you do it right.
I didn't/don't see it. My bad. Your reset was the first I read that super was unavoidable after f2d bf1

(level 1 venom) j.d.3 b.23 d.2 (level 2 venom) b.23 (30%)
(level 2 venom) f.2d b.f.1 (26%)
L2+R2 (45%)
Well yea, that's the thing I was talking about. I'm saying you can link b23 into f2d bf1 in the corner. It's a for sure super if the b23 hits.

As I said, if they pop a state where they can't be grabbed then yeah. Takes a lot of mental fortitude to do so though in that span of a time and have it properly execute.
Yea, i totally agree with you. I was just saying. The timing is easy though. You basically just input as soon as the super intro is over.