What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Summoner Dink's Proposed Quan Chi Post-EVO changes

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I went and looked at the video, and duplicated what i saw

F213 FB Dash cancel into another F213 can be beaten with a standing 2. trades with 1, trades with iNJP, can trade with D+1. D+3 loses. Timing is stricter, you cant mash the buttons out but actually hit 2 when you're coming out of block stun

F213 FB Run cancel can be done 3 times before they're out of stamina and have to do something else. MB bicycle kick is -1 and while they are safe, they have nothing guaranteed after that

looks to me to be a poor mans pre-nerf scorpion. doesnt have the air game scorpion had, similar ground block pressure but not quite as good.
You're not doing the F213 FBDC accurately enough, it's about plus 5, an 8 frame move shouldn't beat another F2.

BF2 MB is plus 2.

And lol, pre-patch Hellfire Scorpion did not have this resounding win-win situation when he cornered you. Dragon's Fire Liu Kang can convert a full combo if you attempt to take the hit on the 3, no meter necessary. (and for good measure, he builds a bar in the process anyway)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I've never lost to a Quan Chi. Not once . Quote me on it. I have no personal bias here. I understand however that my QC opponents have been pretty trash, and it's not hard to realise what the character is capable of. Just looking at his consistent tournament placings from the jump all the way to top 5 at Evo shows that, for those such as yourself who are pretending to be incapable of recognising that (no coincidence that it benefits you to do so right :rolleyes:), or downplaying it.

But I'll humour you for a minute - what known non-Quan Chi tournament players have said Quan should get these buffs or any buff at all, and where?

Maybe this is a sign that you argument is pretty weak, and all you are doing is just yelling it the loudest until people give up. Just a thought.
MIT at EVO after he beat me I asked him how and where I get out and he shrugged and said you can't. @FOREVER KINGconfirmed with me that quan had no options against Tanya and the same thing happened to him and mike and YOMI

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
You're not doing the F213 FBDC accurately enough, it's about plus 5, an 8 frame move shouldn't beat another F2.

BF2 MB is plus 2.

And lol, pre-patch Hellfire Scorpion did not have this resounding win-win situation when he cornered you. Dragon's Fire Liu Kang can convert a full combo if you attempt to take the hit on the 3, no meter necessary. (and for good measure, he builds a bar in the process anyway)
I am not disagreeing with you on the first part, I am not a liu kang player this is just me trying to recreate this normal dash cancel here with my fat thumbs. but this does not appear to be plus 5, not for a normal dash cancel. Run cancel, absolutely

didnt realize you meant BF2 MB, didnt know that was an entirely different move. pretty good stuff there.

so i think i get the general gist of it. F213 RC x 2 into F213 BF2MB x 2 back into F213RC x 2 etc. he can do that to pretty much everyone though right? so i guess the argument is that we cant armor through and we need a faster poke if we're not getting a better armored skydrop (or an armored trance NRS)?

Dunno if i like that argument, if he gets three bars and traps me in the corner he can do non stop chip for 40 seconds and do buku damage. I do the same to him and I will kill him, regardless if he blocks or not, and i can do it in under 10

seems fair :cool:

Zaccel

Noob
What kind of Bizarro World am I seeing where a block infinite is preferable to removing some frames from a normal...? It's not like Quan players are asking for a strictly-superior d1, guys. Sheesh.

Quan obviously should have his downsides, but for the love of Pete, Sky Drop doesn't even do anything. An unusable special move doesn't balance Quan out, because good Quans don't use it anyway. If the move is going to be garbage, just remove it from the game altogether and save everyone the trouble.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I am not disagreeing with you on the first part, I am not a liu kang player this is just me trying to recreate this normal dash cancel here with my fat thumbs. but this does not appear to be plus 5, not for a normal dash cancel. Run cancel, absolutely

didnt realize you meant BF2 MB, didnt know that was an entirely different move. pretty good stuff there.

so i think i get the general gist of it. F213 RC x 2 into F213 BF2MB x 2 back into F213RC x 2 etc. he can do that to pretty much everyone though right? so i guess the argument is that we cant armor through and we need something faster?

Dunno if i like that argument, if he gets three bars and traps me in the corner he can do non stop chip for 40 seconds and do buku damage. I do the same to him and I will kill him, regardless if he blocks or not, and i can do it in under 10

seems fair :cool:
Well most other characters have a poke or armored move fast enough to beat given follow ups when he's plus 2, Quan Chi has neither, even in Warlock. I'm pretty sure Quan mains who understand the variation system are okay with Summoner inherently having sub-par defensive options, just not Wound Cowboy tier.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
MIT at EVO after he beat me I asked him how and where I get out and he shrugged and said you can't. @FOREVER KINGconfirmed with me that quan had no options against Tanya and the same thing happened to him and mike and YOMI
Do you remember what exactly he was doing? I could probably tell you how to get out of it.

That MU is preeettyy bad for Quan though lol.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
A big talking point seems to be that if only one, or two characters can infinite him then thats okay. Couldnt pre patch Shinnok infinite Jax, only on hit however, and this was completely changed. Because of one bad match up a significant change was made to help Jax, easily one of the most solid characters in the game and contender for top 5...

I know they went about it a slightly way and chose to change the move Shinny had, but the point still stands.

Edit: I know, I saw Shinny too. Autocorrect just made a new nickname for him. :DOGE

Zoidberg747

Also, for the record, getting a faster downpoke would not help Quan at all in the Tanya MU. Poking against Tanya is suicide 90% of the time.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It would be fine to make his D3/D1 6 or 7 Frames and -6 on block as long as they nerf the hit advantage as well, his D3 is +17 on hit IIRC? That gives him a mix-up on hit. I would auggest to make his D3 also +3 on hit.

Kitana has an 8F, -9 on block, +3 on hit poke, it has amazing range but it's only used to check her oponents when they are pressuring her. I don't see why Quan should still get a free mix-up on hit off his D3.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
BTW, I am a huge Quan Chi hater... But I think NOBODY should get stuck into an infinite ever, my suggestions are to give him an 8F D3, make it -5 on block and +4 on hit. (Is 8F enough for him to not get stuck into infinites?)

STB Shujinkydink

Yeah if you dont know exactly where to jump or poke you wont be getting out.
yeah ive labbed the MU since then and kinda figured out i think it was the tele cancels that he was getting me with. it makes a lot of her moves 7f or faster which he cant escape from

Zoidberg747

yeah ive labbed the MU since then and kinda figured out i think it was the tele cancels that he was getting me with. it makes a lot of her moves 7f or faster which he cant escape from
Yeah you gotta wait for her to burn her stamina then try and find a way out. I dont envy Quan players in that instance.

STB Shujinkydink

Yeah you gotta wait for her to burn her stamina then try and find a way out. I dont envy Quan players in that instance.
Heres what i found.

If i start with full stamina and do b1 2+4 tele cancel, that gives me a free B1 2+4 as it makes B1 7 frames which cant be beat by quan and if i try to jump i get AA'd. I do that twice then i do 112 ex df1, then i do b2 telecancel. By the time the 112 ex df1 is done, she's built back enough stamina to do b2 tele cancel again. if i jump b2 AA's me and she just starts all over again. its pretty ridiculous lol

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Because you can't special cancel it into a safe, + on block, launching special move, right?
No cause you can jump over that and F22 wasp cancel and b1 wasp cancel can be armored, hell throw out a normal and punish. Only way to make it "safe" is to cancel into block immediately after the wasp cancel

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
No cause you can jump over that and F22 wasp cancel and b1 wasp cancel can be armored, hell throw out a normal and punish. Only way to make it "safe" is to cancel into block immediately after the wasp cancel
Zoidberg cleared it up for me.

Thank you, though!

Zoidberg747

Heres what i found.

If i start with full stamina and do b1 2+4 tele cancel, that gives me a free B1 2+4 as it makes B1 7 frames which cant be beat by quan and if i try to jump i get AA'd. I do that twice then i do 112 ex df1, then i do b2 telecancel. By the time the 112 ex df1 is done, she's built back enough stamina to do b2 tele cancel again. if i jump b2 AA's me and she just starts all over again. its pretty ridiculous lol
The thing about her tele cancels is you can reversal throw after the string. She can read which one you are going to do and use b2 if she thinks your going to back throw or B1 if she thinks your going to forward throw, but even if she techs you still have a chance to escape(a slim one, but one nonetheless).

You can also duck 112 and b2 after a tele cancel, but you could just use b1 2+4 again since it does more chip and hits mid.

Edit: I realize if she reads you are going to do that she can just do b1 2+4 EX Tonfa or go into rekka pressure. But at least you aren't getting infinite'd lol.

STB Shujinkydink

The thing about her tele cancels is you can reversal throw after the string. She can read which one you are going to do and use b2 if she thinks your going to back throw or B1 if she thinks your going to forward throw, but even if she techs you still have a chance to escape(a slim one, but one nonetheless).

You can also duck 112 and b2 after a tele cancel, but you could just use b1 2+4 again since it does more chip and hits mid.

Edit: I realize if she reads you are going to do that she can just do b1 2+4 EX Tonfa or go into rekka pressure. But at least you aren't getting infinite'd lol.
yeah thats kinda what i found. the risk/reward is really not in quans favour. At all lol

Zoidberg747

yeah thats kinda what i found. the risk/reward is really not in quans favour. At all lol
The risk/reward is always in Tanyas favor, that isnt a Quan exclusive issue.

And like I said before, a faster poke wont save you from that. Tanya is pretty much destined to be a bad MU for him unless she gets severely nerfed.

STB Shujinkydink

The risk/reward is always in Tanyas favor, that isnt a Quan exclusive issue.

And like I said before, a faster poke wont save you from that. Tanya is pretty much destined to be a bad MU for him unless she gets severely nerfed.
Where i think the poke would help is when she staggers the df2,df1. A d3 into meter portal grab would help him escape that