What's new

Question - Hellfire Did we make it?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
When i play good players they stuff it every time. The hardest part of playing scorpion is that it is hard to get off the ground because really your only option (other than block/jump/backdash/delay which everyone can do) is ex takedown. Good players stuff ex teleport before it can even reverse sides.

Edit: also if they pressure your wakeup with a forward advancing string even if they dont stuff the first part of it the second part of it will generally whiff because they are still moving away from scorpion
Yeah, the tracking is not so great either.

If you stop pressing buttons without knowing how to set your knockdowns right to hit a meaty normal there is no way ex TP will hit you on wakeups.
I agree. The teleport is evasive like Mileenas ballroll, but if your opponent times his meaty you will lose a bar and get full combo punished.

Flame Aura is broken. This and Hellfire's high damage with true 50/50 is the reason I'm preferring Hellfire. Im still getting this response of "Ninjitsu is the best whiff punisher" online. What do you guys think? People think he's safe too, but idk, you are forfeiting your turn unless you space into backdashing range. Sometimes when I talk to people about this character I still feel like there's a "the grass is greener" talk.

Edit:
Also, Hellfire's neutral is fine. Bully with down 4 fireball cancels. You'll stop people from disrespecting your lack of mid real quick. And when they try to poke you do have a safe move with forward 3 into ex spear, which starts a combo.

Scorpion mains still aren't getting out of the top 8. He has so many good tools, but it still seems like he's lacking too much to actually take someone to the win. I watched a lot of cups recently and the glaring obvious still seems to be there with his certain variations. Strong? Yes, but also visibly weak compared to other top 8 characters. He has a lot of double edged swords in his tools. If any character is going to get there though, it would be Hellfire. But I look at someone like Mystic Ermac, who has basically Ninjitsu and Hellfire tools in the neutral control and the counter zoning, and clearly there's no other reason to choose Scorpion if you want to make it to the top when Ermac is in the game, aside from a basically "safe" 50/50 which most pro Hellfire players don't even focus on in the first place.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
I agree. The teleport is evasive like Mileenas ballroll, but if your opponent times his meaty you will lose a bar and get full combo punished.

Flame Aura is broken. This and Hellfire's high damage with true 50/50 is the reason I'm preferring Hellfire. Im still getting this response of "Ninjitsu is the best whiff punisher" online. What do you guys think? People think he's safe too, but idk, you are forfeiting your turn unless you space into backdashing range. Sometimes when I talk to people about this character I still feel like there's a "the grass is greener" talk.

Edit:
Also, Hellfire's neutral is fine. Bully with down 4 fireball cancels. You'll stop people from disrespecting your lack of mid real quick. And when they try to poke you do have a safe move with forward 3 into ex spear, which starts a combo.

Scorpion mains still aren't getting out of the top 8. He has so many good tools, but it still seems like he's lacking too much to actually take someone to the win. I watched a lot of cups recently and the glaring obvious still seems to be there with his certain variations. Strong? Yes, but also visibly weak compared to other top 8 characters. He has a lot of double edged swords in his tools. If any character is going to get there though, it would be Hellfire. But I look at someone like Mystic Ermac, who has basically Ninjitsu and Hellfire tools in the neutral control and the counter zoning, and clearly there's no other reason to choose Scorpion if you want to make it to the top when Ermac is in the game, aside from a basically "safe" 50/50 which most pro Hellfire players don't even focus on in the first place.
He is winning EU ESL stuff, you will see a scorpion rise very soon I think (I hope).

I think he is strong enough in the right hands

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Edit:

Its not about who is best or worse, some people just prefer the type of game Ninjutsu offers more than hellfire, we with all know how supergood hellfire is.

My honest opinion, those super extra active frames that are preventing people to whiff punish him when he uses the move recklessly is something i honestly thing he doesn't need it.

Crathen

Death is my business
I think Hellfire is definately good , but i think it's more about the damage he gets than flame aura in general even tho it could use less active frames to make it more whiff / block punishable. His weakness are upclose characters like Jason , Cassie and so on where his anti zoning doesn't come into play.

Its not about who is best or worse, some people just prefer the type of game Ninjutsu offers more than hellfire, we with all know how supergood hellfire is.

My honest opinion, those super extra active frames that are preventing people to whiff punish him when he uses the move recklessly is something i honestly thing he doesn't need it.
Yeah I agree. Its funny because depending on your matchup one variation can do better than the other. Thats why its hard for me to tier ninjitsu compared to Hellfire due to the tool difference. Do wish ninjitsu had some sort of zoning capability though. but I know how broken itd be.