What's new

Deoxys new Tier List

Wigy

There it is...
Pretty good but could have split mid tier up a bit.

Kitana and Johnny are not in the same tier as the others.

Kabal Cassie and erron especially.

No clue about skarlets placement, interesting though.

Agree with it, the sole exception being Skarlet whom I believe is overhyped with no real data that supports her placement – similar to Kabal who everyone will swear up and down is a behemoth of a character and yet this isn't what we've seen so far. People have been projecting Skarlet as on-the-cusp of top tier since before the patch, and while I think she's very good, I'm unconvinced she's on par with Jax/Jacqui/Sonya.

Also agree with people saying the balanced division could afford to be split up into two separate categories. Scorpion is clearly not on par with the likes of Kabal/Erron/Noob, etc.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Agree with it, the sole exception being Skarlet whom I believe is overhyped with no real data that supports her placement – similar to Kabal who everyone will swear up and down is a behemoth of a character and yet this isn't what we've seen so far. People have been projecting Skarlet as on-the-cusp of top tier since before the patch, and while I think she's very good, I'm unconvinced she's on par with Jax/Jacqui/Sonya.

Also agree with people saying the balanced division could afford to be split up into two separate categories. Scorpion is clearly not on par with the likes of Kabal/Erron/Noob, etc.
very well said - you just did me a favor.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

Yeah, I don't know what it is about Scarlet but she's one of those characters that seem busted on paper but when you take her into a real match she's just ok.
I'm starting to feel the same way about Kabal too.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I actually agree with it mostly. I felt kabal is higher but many of my questions where answered by Deoxys and others:

Scorpion and Sub both benefited greatly from Raptors OS so I see why they are there.
Kitana is now widely accepted balanced to top 10 after patch by many top players because of her pressure from razors and new tech was found that allows her to connect from both sides to be +1 every time.

Kabal is lower because:

Why is Jade so Low?

Why is Johnny not lower?

Why is Kitana so high?

Bit doesn't Kitana have Wiffing issues that make her bad?

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Yeah, I don't know what it is about Scarlet but she's one of those characters that seem busted on paper but when you take her into a real match she's just ok.
I'm starting to feel the same way about Kabal too.
You need to watch Sonics Video on Scarlet and why he thinks she is S Tier. There is new tech where she blows up wake-ups for free and raptors OS changes slot with many characters:

LawAbidingCitizen

Cassie is gonna move up after everyone figures out the Cassie OS's
Same with Scorpion, Sub, Sonya, Scarlet etc.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Finally people are starting to see where Jade really stands.
The end of denial is going to benefit us hopefully.

There was a video of some "pro" explain why Kang is so OP. He said that you litteraly need 10 minutes in the lab with the character and you are ready to go, and can beat players way above your level. He even said this is true even at Pro ranks, which mean a player that is obviously a lot lower level can up for that with the character and levels things up.

As far as Jade goes, she really isnt anything special at pro ranks. SonicFox give her a try, and lost 10-1 to ninja Kang with her.
Jade is so call "zoning character", yet Sonic could not do a s**** against Kang. Has is that fair? :D
The moment you are trying to use Dodging Shadows Flying Dragon Kick will wipe your **** in the face.
But still SonicFox said he will continue to use her, so he obviously see something in her.

SonicFox also said Johnny Cage is the man to counter Liu Kang, what you guy think ?
I think high damage character have bigger chance against Kang, compare to character like Jade or Dvorah with small damage and you need to open him like 10 times, which you will need to totally outplay him in order to beat him.
I think Baraka is one of the characters that have good chances against Kang.

LawAbidingCitizen

As far as Jade goes, she really isnt anything special at pro ranks. SonicFox give her a try, and lost 10-1 to ninja Kang with her.
Jade is so call "zoning character", yet Sonic could not do a s**** against Kang. Has is that fair?
I FeeL like I should add context to this.
He wasn't using ED Jade he was using the variation without the projectiles called Jaded.
He did lose to NinjaKilla but beat Deoxys, Kombat, Rewind, Semiij, and several others with Jaded.
He is still using Jade - Jaded and says it has a very strong pressure ganeplan and neutral and his results are showing. There is also several OS's from Raptors new Universal OS tech that benefits many characters including jade and we will see changes in tiers later on.
Obviously Jade needs help in a lit of places and hope many things get fixed for her but she is strong in that variation. She has the ability to turn every button she has into +3 on block with the run cancel kick. This is very strong for pressure and mind games and snowballing. It costs a bar but she can add several layers to it making opponents respect the possible plus frames because the threat is always there. This means unsafe moves can become safe from conditioning when normally not and she still has glow to counter zone and apply pressure vs characters more zoning based.

Was and Sonic are advocating to fix her bugs and hitbox issues and a few strings that make dome things out of her favor but its taking time to find where characters are after this game breaking OS and the changes from last patch.

Anyways I think if anyone can show what a pressure variation is capable of its Sonic. And we shall see. He is claiming hes gonna main her?

Not every video is available until you sub to his twitch:

But I seen him beat several with Jaded on live twitch stream.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Anyone who thinks Cage beats Kang is delusional, and if they're a pro player they should just resign and pick up solitaire.

It was explained countless times in the Cage thread with clear examples and logic.

Surely those 57 Cage counterpicks we saw at dreamhack to counter liu kang mean something.

Everyone knew Kang whiffed on Cage since day 1, that ignorant video posted above shows day 1 tech. Yet nobody actually beat pro Kang players with Cage in tournaments, ever, so stfu .

Last edited:
Shao lower than Kotal? Sub-Zero beating Cassie? Liu Kang is considered the best character and Kitana's top 10? LOL, yeah not even feeling this one. Minus the Kollector being high on his list, Rooflemonger continues to put to shame these "top tier" players and makes great points in it that makes the utmost sense.

I think these tier lists from this game should open our eyes to the single fact that these top tier players are a bunch of schiesse...