What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yea but I heard it was possible without.

I'll upload a clip in a bit.

So it IS possible still? And i hit njp as soon as I jump up after the first grenade.
Well that's probably the problem, don't hit the NJP as soon as you're going up.

Here's a gif I posted earlier in the thread that should help you

Well that's probably the problem, don't hit the NJP as soon as you're going up.

Here's a gif I posted earlier in the thread that should help you
Thanks, I noticed every nade you throw you throw it close to you, as in you press back after the df1, is this necessary?

Youphemism

Thanks, I noticed every nade you throw you throw it close to you, as in you press back after the df1, is this necessary?
Yeah, at least for the last two. It didn't used to be iirc but the way they changed the grenades means you pretty much have to use the close ones now. It's not harder though.

Youphemism

Just do the negative edge one. It's so easy. No reason to not do it.
Most people aren't used to using negative edge though, it's not "so easy" if you've never done it before. Some people don't want to learn a new way of playing one variation out of 100 and playing her without negative edge still works but it just happens to be less optimal.

Reactions: jmt
Ok guys/gals, I havent had the chance to upload a clip but hopefully tonight I will, got caught up on things, but just for my knowledge, would just doing a grenade in the corner as opposed to the b14,grenade work? I mean it seems that both ways pops them up the same? Also after the njp do you detonate the nade immediately? And do you throw out the grenade after that (third) immediately too? I guess what I need to know is someone to list me the steps, like for example:
1) b14,grenade (slight delay)
2)njp (punch late/early etc.)
3). Detonate second nade immediately/delay etc
Well you guys get it. Thanks.,

Youphemism

Ok guys/gals, I havent had the chance to upload a clip but hopefully tonight I will, got caught up on things, but just for my knowledge, would just doing a grenade in the corner as opposed to the b14,grenade work? I mean it seems that both ways pops them up the same? Also after the njp do you detonate the nade immediately? And do you throw out the grenade after that (third) immediately too? I guess what I need to know is someone to list me the steps, like for example:
1) b14,grenade (slight delay)
2)njp (punch late/early etc.)
3). Detonate second nade immediately/delay etc
Well you guys get it. Thanks.,
Theoretically you could do it from raw grenade in the corner but that's unlikely to happen.

The steps are something like
1) Starter~delayed grenade explosion
2) Late njp
3) Throw grenade, detonate late
4) Throw grenade
5) Input reload as soon as you recover from the grenade throw, the 1 in reload will automatically detonate the last grenade
6) Continue combo with whatever you want

Theoretically you could do it from raw grenade in the corner but that's unlikely to happen.

The steps are something like
1) Starter~delayed grenade explosion
2) Late njp
3) Throw grenade, detonate late
4) Throw grenade
5) Input reload as soon as you recover from the grenade throw, the 1 in reload will automatically detonate the last grenade
6) Continue combo with whatever you want
Ah ok thanks, number 3 was where I think blew it for my inputs as I detonated the grenade immediately after I threw it. Thanks bro.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Does the grenade armour break still work? And does it only work on a select few? I tried doing it on Subzero's slide and it's pretty tricky cause when I throw my third grenade it detonates on its own before even hitting the ground(As if the timer is shorter cause EX reload is happening simultaneouly). Anybody knows or has experience with that set up?

jmt

Noob
Does the grenade armour break still work? And does it only work on a select few? I tried doing it on Subzero's slide and it's pretty tricky cause when I throw my third grenade it detonates on its own before even hitting the ground(As if the timer is shorter cause EX reload is happening simultaneouly). Anybody knows or has experience with that set up?
Yes they work. I've got a few of them.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
You mean this?
I just recorded it so it works. There are many ways to break armor with demo in the corner and midscreen, and you can break ALL armors, as well as xrays/super armor.

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
If you want to play demo sonya you got to use neg edge imo. you only getting half the character if you're not using it

If you want to play demo sonya you got to use neg edge imo. you only getting half the character if you're not using it
I will learn to play Sonya using negative edge, but first I want to learn her corner reload without using negative edge, as soon as I do that I'll start using her without it, but it's one of those things that I have to get down just to know I can. Also what are the advantages of using NE?