What's new

Question - Grandmaster Deleted Account.

What NERFS will Grandmaster Sub-Zero Receive?

• Further Small Scaling on Shatters

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Shatters Now Only Launch if Meterburned

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Cool Down on Clone has Increased

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Grandmaster Can No Longer Clone in the Corner

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Something Else

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Grandmaster will Receive No Nerfs ⛄

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Nerf grandmaster? Please. The only change I accept is a slight damage nerf and throw tech not being frozen but only if they fix his combos, his clone (I could write a book), his female hitbox issues, his crouching hitbox issues, and finally his strings.

Do that and come talk to me for a nerf. I don't think sub needs the ronin treatment or any buffs but FFS fix the damn character first before trying to take away his dirt.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
if he gets nerfed imma laugh so hard. the only think funnier is kenshi getting nerfed
Why? Kenshi is cheeks and Sub murders half the cast.

Leave Cage outside of Stunt Double, Kang, Reptile, Kotal, Jax, all of Triborg, Kitana, Jason, Kano, Tanya, Jacqui, Cassie, Leatherface and maybe one or two more characters in, take out the rest, and Sub Zero is the best character in the game.

If they get rid of 3 of his worst matches, Alien, Demo and Piercing, why wouldn't he need nerfs? Especially if Mystic gets nerfs.

And here's the thing, Cryo and Unbreakable really could use a faster poke. You can't leave GM as is, take half of his bad matches out, and give him a buff like that. He needs some nerfs to compensate.

hkriderz

Why is it that people will not dare to touch sub zero's core strings because they are deathly afraid of GM being OP? I don't get that mentality fully. No GM will not be OP with a seven frame d1, or having a few strings that is better on block.

GM will be OP when somehow people make his clone cancels safe and/or clone stays on block. Other than that I don't see the big whoop

Tweedy

Noob
Why is it that people will not dare to touch sub zero's core strings because they are deathly afraid of GM being OP? I don't get that mentality fully. No GM will not be OP with a seven frame d1, or having a few strings that is better on block.

GM will be OP when somehow people make his clone cancels safe and/or clone stays on block. Other than that I don't see the big whoop
Grandmaster's winning matches, in numbers and in severity, rival the top 3. How is he not op if 4-5 of his bad matches get nerfed and he gets buffed?

hkriderz

Grandmaster's winning matches, in numbers and in severity, rival the top 3. How is he not op if 4-5 of his bad matches get nerfed and he gets buffed?
You act like we want to "ronin" GM. Nobody wants GM buffed to a point where he's top 5, unless u count bug fixing with all the crap he deals with buffing which is stupid mentality. Sub needs a couple of frame changes mainly to his poke and some strings.

The characters sub gets butchered by ( and they are more than 5) their nerfs will not truly make GM beat them because the way GM loses is through how they were designed. Disjointed hit boxes and fast inescapable zoning and punishing clone cancels. None of those are going away so that's that:

GM only nerfs should be the untechable throw removed if he truly needs one. If everything gets fixed and sub works, I accept a slight shatter damage nerf.

Tweedy

Noob
You act like we want to "ronin" GM. Nobody wants GM buffed to a point where he's top 5, unless u count bug fixing with all the crap he deals with buffing which is stupid mentality. Sub needs a couple of frame changes mainly to his poke and some strings.

The characters sub gets butchered by ( and they are more than 5) their nerfs will not truly make GM beat them because the way GM loses is through how they were designed. Disjointed hit boxes and fast inescapable zoning
Without buffs GM would be top 5, if they take out Alien, Demo, Piercing, Mystic and D'vorah.

And trust me, if Alien's tail gets a hitbox, the MU number will flip.

hkriderz

Without buffs GM would be top 5, if they take out Alien, Demo, Piercing, Mystic and D'vorah.

And trust me, if Alien's tail gets a hitbox, the MU number will flip.
Wrong. GM loses or goes even with at least 10 plus characters in this game. And nobody is giving tail a hitbox. Disjointed hitboxes will never leave this game and if they do, then GM will become top, but no nerfs will make him go down the tier since all it takes is one clone. Im sure they will stay otherwise takeda and dvorah would have been nerfed already

Tweedy

Noob
Wrong. GM loses or goes even with at least 10 plus characters in this game. And nobody is giving tail a hitbox. Disjointed hitboxes will never leave this game and if they do, then GM will become top, but no nerfs will make him go down the tier since all it takes is one clone. Im sure they will stay otherwise takeda and dvorah would have been nerfed already
I'm not wrong. It doesn't matter how many GM downplayers say so.

Versus a ton of the cast GM is a top tier character. Boohoo he has some losing match ups. He doesn't need buffs.

hkriderz

I'm not wrong. It doesn't matter how many GM downplayers say so.

Versus a ton of the cast GM is a top tier character. Boohoo he has some losing match ups. He doesn't need buffs.
I don't downplay GM smh. I fully get how dominant his corner game is. And I don't want him buffed at all. Everyone should pull their head out of the salt pile and acknowledge how much sub is fucked by his issues. I want him fixed. All of his combos and everything should work properly and equally against the whole cast. If they do that he'll be great.

Then I'll gladly accept a damage nerf even though others get the same amount. And untechable throw can be nerfed as well.

Other than that, gtfo

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Make EX Ice Shatter more punishable on block please...

Reptile's Reversal became more unsafe on block why does Sub get to have his? I don't understand their reasoning honestly besides his pokes being bad? Buff his pokes but nerf that reversal. Bad design.

Throw into clone is kinda bullshit but you need to keep his corner game strong so it's okay I guess. Maybe make it so if you tech the throw you can't get frozen anymore cause that's some bullllshit.

Fix his EX clone blockstrings. Make Slide have more whiff recovery. Those are my main changes I want to see from Sub.

omooba

fear the moobs
Why? Kenshi is cheeks and Sub murders half the cast.

Leave Cage outside of Stunt Double, Kang, Reptile, Kotal, Jax, all of Triborg, Kitana, Jason, Kano, Tanya, Jacqui, Cassie, Leatherface and maybe one or two more characters in, take out the rest, and Sub Zero is the best character in the game.

If they get rid of 3 of his worst matches, Alien, Demo and Piercing, why wouldn't he need nerfs? Especially if Mystic gets nerfs.

And here's the thing, Cryo and Unbreakable really could use a faster poke. You can't leave GM as is, take half of his bad matches out, and give him a buff like that. He needs some nerfs to compensate.
already tried explaining it but like i said won't get funnier if you didn't pick up on
the two most complained about characters on tym by top players in the history of mkx are GM and KENSHI by tom and pig. neither of which should be nerfed. would be pretty hilarious if that's who gets nerfed. not funny anymore since i had to explain it

Nobody and i mean nobody not even Tom with his 15 years old girl like tantrums thinks that Kenshi is on the level of GM SZ. Coz its like night and day difference. Not to mention you're talking about 2 people when in bigger picture not even 1/100 of people who think Kenshi is trash (low tier) also think that GM SZ is bad. Simply because he isn't.
dude you're missing my point. it;s not cus they're trash it's cus of how much tom and pig talk about the character. i've never said he's trash. nevermind you don't get the joke and explaining it won't make it funnier

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Against his counterpicks... and only his counterpicks.
That's bull. If you change his cornergame, you're changing clone. GM has terrible strings, slow pokes, and very unsafe 50/50s. He needs the clone badly in his current state, both in the corner AND midscreen. He needs to bully you to the corner and a lot of characters dont even care once they're there.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Imo his shatter combos deal a bit too much domaga since they are meterless and usualy put you into another guessing situation. His jip ( dunno which one) deserves to fucking die tho. Other than that he is fine.