What's new

Question - Grandmaster Deleted Account.

What NERFS will Grandmaster Sub-Zero Receive?

• Further Small Scaling on Shatters

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Shatters Now Only Launch if Meterburned

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Cool Down on Clone has Increased

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Grandmaster Can No Longer Clone in the Corner

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Something Else

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Grandmaster will Receive No Nerfs ⛄

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
im sorry dude you seem like a nice lad but ive seen ur sub gameplay you do not know how to play this game enough to judge matchups and shouldnt post your opinion until u get good enough to grasp the basics of him at high level guys look
I'm ok with people giving their opinion if they know how to play but this is simply unacceptable.
Aye someone actually watching my scrub gameplay. lol

So wait, the fact I won and perceived not knowing that Predator MU, means nothing? I obviously knew the trap was low because initially I blocked them but after he got out of the corner in the 2nd round, I had to at least get him to a corner. I know I need work, this is why I'm here but then I see this and you are telling me I shouldn't have an opinion? When I ran that match with Kotal (SG) again I won because I knew what to look for, Quan Chi I dislike playing against because he also had a corner game. I need to lab all match ups but labbing isn't the same as actual gameplay online.

I don't know the Mystic MU, but according to EventHubs its highly unfavorable for GM Sub. This Ermac was obviously shit, I know that after talking to other ermac users.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero

So wait, the fact I won and perceived not knowing that Predator MU, means nothing? I obviously knew the trap was low because initially I blocked them but after he got out of the corner in the 2nd round, I had to at least get him to a corner. I know I need work, this is why I'm here but then I see this and you are telling me I shouldn't have an opinion? When I ran that match with Kotal (SG) I won because I knew what to look for, Quan Chi I dislike playing against because he also had a corner game. I need to lab all match ups but labbing isn't the same as actual gameplay online.
No I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion I'm saying you should not share it as you do not play above the casual level yet

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero

So wait, the fact I won and perceived not knowing that Predator MU, means nothing? I obviously knew the trap was low because initially I blocked them but after he got out of the corner in the 2nd round, I had to at least get him to a corner. I know I need work, this is why I'm here but then I see this and you are telling me I shouldn't have an opinion? When I ran that match with Kotal (SG) again I won because I knew what to look for, Quan Chi I dislike playing against because he also had a corner game. I need to lab all match ups but labbing isn't the same as actual gameplay online.

I don't know the Mystic MU, but according to EventHubs its highly unfavorable for GM Sub. This Ermac was obviously shit, I know that after talking to other ermac users.
A few tips here mid screen do not end on f33 end in 123 slide (square triangle x) as it leaves you close and is most optimal in the corner don't end in 11 ice blast do 1 b12 clone njp jip f12 then put clone out either close or move back a lil and go for the 50 50 shatter. Also when you hit someone with a poke that means you are at advantage this means it's ypur turn in this case subs d4 is around +20 this means you can jail stuff like f42 b12 123 etc instead of just throwing

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Yes

he is shit he does not know how to counter poke and he is going in with random teleports he's terrible ermac in the sub mu has to lame him out with float and the ground pound make the sub impatient

Tweedy

Noob
It's probably not a good idea to put too much weight into match ups until you're playing at a certain level.

Also, playing "optimally", does not always mean you're playing at a high level. Sonic and Dragon never did anywhere near optimal combos for Tanya. There are a lot of people who post crazy combo videos that aren't that great at the game.

What Zombiekiller said, tip wise. Never end a combo in throw, either, unless they're at throw life and have breaker.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
A few tips here mid screen do not end on f33 end in 123 slide (square triangle x) as it leaves you close and is most optimal in the corner don't end in 11 ice blast do 1 b12 clone njp jip f12 then put clone out either close or move back a lil and go for the 50 50 shatter. Also when you hit someone with a poke that means you are at advantage this means it's your turn in this case subs d4 is around +20 this means you can jail stuff like f42 b12 123 etc instead of just throwing
Man... I hate doing shatter combos doe. I'm just getting the hang of doing mid air freeze set ups. I did notice F42 is so much better than certain strings. I just learned B2 B2, F3 Ice Clone is a set up with 25% and B2, 242, F42 into ice clone also does 25% (I believe so; I just recorded it today after playing matches)
My mid game is shit, I always go for the F33 because it gets them to the corner and most casual matches I have done, players tend to wake up tele (if they have one) or try to rush me. My block game needs work in most match ups but it's whatever. I am still learning, still trying to figure things out.

So... I just need to go out to tournaments... get bodied and go bed knowing I gave it the good ole college try?

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
It's probably not a good idea to put too much weight into match ups until you're playing at a certain level.

Also, playing "optimally", does not always mean you're playing at a high level. Sonic and Dragon never did anywhere near optimal combos for Tanya. There are a lot of people who post crazy combo videos that aren't that great at the game.

What Zombiekiller said, tip wise. Never end a combo in throw, either, unless they're at throw life and have breaker.
You right but for sub u gotta be optimal you right tho they didn't

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
I guess because I watched
this while learning GM, I just got in the habit of ending my combos with a throw... (usually always ending up being woken up to with a Predator lounge or EX roll) I guess I'll try to end my combos with a F12 more but whenever I try to do that, the move misses the 2.

I've labbed the untechable grab combos when it occurs and the damage output is lower than if my guess with a B2 connects. I am learning more shatter combos that go into a mid air freeze so I will keep trying man.

So I need literally copy and paste what Brady or Madzin do when they play?

Tweedy

Noob
I used to end 100% of my combos in throw because Kung Lao's 21 ender was too tricky for me(first fighting game remember lol). I played Dab and he just teched the end of every combo lol.

I'm sure at some point Sonicfox couldn't keep his feet on the ground in a fighting game. Everyone has to learn before they git gud.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Man... I hate doing shatter combos doe. I'm just getting the hang of doing mid air freeze set ups. I did notice F42 is so much better than certain strings. I just learned B2 B2, F3 Ice Clone is a set up with 25% and B2, 242, F42 into ice clone also does 25% (I believe so; I just recorded it today after playing matches)
My mid game is shit, I always go for the F33 because it gets them to the corner and most casual matches I have done, players tend to wake up tele (if they have one) or try to rush me. My block game needs work in most match ups but it's whatever. I am still learning, still trying to figure things out.

So... I just need to go out to tournaments... get bodied and go bed knowing I gave it the good ole college try?
Look bro I would record all the optimal but I'm lazy af so here u go and as for the shatters to be good with gm u have to have them in Your game or you will take unnecessary losses as your damage will be mediocre so here's the overhead combos the refreeze if you hit an over head is b2 b2 d1 b12xx clone njp jip f12 for knockdown or b12 slide for damage if you have a close clone out you have to do b2 242 s1 b12 clone for the refreeze unless its on females but we won't get into that the low is b33 freeze 242 njp jip f12 or b12 slide as for the shatter you do b2 24 shatter s1 11 clone njp f12 off the b2 shatter don't do a jip as it either whiffs or doesn't give u max advantage for the reclone u can jip for the damage ender though as for the low do d1 b12 clone njp jip f12 or b12 slide for dmg at a higher level ask on here or search up a thread about clone canceling on block as good opponents will punish you so you'll have to know what to do etc but that comes later jus get the combos first

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
this while learning GM, I just got in the habit of ending my combos with a throw... (usually always ending up being woken up to with a Predator lounge or EX roll) I guess I'll try to end my combos with a F12 more but whenever I try to do that, the move misses the 2.

I've labbed the untechable grab combos when it occurs and the damage output is lower than if my guess with a B2 connects. I am learning more shatter combos that go into a mid air freeze so I will keep trying man.

This is good tech and gives you no reason to end in throw :/

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero

Yes copy paste what Brady madzin etc do as they're playing him correctly

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
I used to end 100% of my combos in throw because Kung Lao's 21 ender was too tricky for me(first fighting game remember lol). I played Dab and he just teched the end of every combo lol.

I'm sure at some point Sonicfox couldn't keep his feet on the ground in a fighting game. Everyone has to learn before they git gud.
Thanks Tweedy. I'll learn someday... lol

Look bro I would record all the optimal but I'm lazy af so here u go and as for the shatters to be good with gm u have to have them in Your game or you will take unnecessary losses as your damage will be mediocre so here's the overhead combos the refreeze if you hit an over head is b2 b2 d1 b12xx clone njp jip f12 for knockdown or b12 slide for damage if you have a close clone out you have to do b2 242 s1 b12 clone for the refreeze unless its on females but we won't get into that the low is b33 freeze 242 njp jip f12 or b12 slide as for the shatter you do b2 24 shatter s1 11 clone njp f12 off the b2 shatter don't do a jip as it either whiffs or doesn't give u max advantage for the reclone u can jip for the damage ender though as for the low do d1 b12 clone njp jip f12 or b12 slide for dmg at a higher level ask on here or search up a thread about clone canceling on block as good opponents will punish you so you'll have to know what to do etc but that comes later jus get the combos first
Thanks man. I appreciate the tips and information.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
This is good tech and gives you no reason to end in throw :/
At the time... truthfully I have no idea why I just end in throws; I just do it out of habit. I will put that down as a bad habit since it's not opting better damage or positioning for Sub when in the corner as you have said.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero

That's why I'm trying to teach him that he can't really form a worthy opinion until he understands the mechanics of the game deeply :) and I'll help him with what to do etc

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I'm tired
At the time... truthfully I have no idea why I just end in throws; I just do it out of habit. I will put that down as a bad habit since it's not opting better damage or positioning for Sub when in the corner as you have said.
yo lol my b I meant restand lol I'll get back to this when. I wake up as I may look very stupid I'm falling asleep at the phone xD

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
I'm tired

yo lol my b I meant restand lol I'll get back to this when. I wake up as I may look very stupid I'm falling asleep at the phone xD
nah it's fine man... I'm about to head to bed myself. 12 hour shift in the morning where I'm at. We should play a few matches so I can work on my tech and stuff.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Whats so good about GM that would nerf him? He only seems betterish because other characters around him got nerfed. Or did i miss some groundbreaking technology?

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Does S3 do anything stun and fast option for frost bomb? Just saying, because other than having one combo that does 31% (Corner Positioning: B2 <Must Connect>, S3 into frost bomb)