What's new

Question - Grandmaster Deleted Account.

What NERFS will Grandmaster Sub-Zero Receive?

• Further Small Scaling on Shatters

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Shatters Now Only Launch if Meterburned

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Cool Down on Clone has Increased

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Grandmaster Can No Longer Clone in the Corner

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Something Else

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Grandmaster will Receive No Nerfs ⛄

Votes: 50 63.3%

• Total voters

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
What will he receive or what does he deserve?

If he gets nerfed, and I'm iffy on that, it will likely be solely in his damage for clone shatter. Depending on how fair they wanna make the game with this patch, his corner clone setup might be taken away but I'm dubious about that.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If they were gonna nerf grandmaster they would have done it by now. But they haven't because he isn't strong enough to warrant a nerf. Sure he can dominate in some matchups but he has too many abysmal matchups to be nerfed.
True. He needs a bit of a tweak with his Ice Klone, and all's good. Paulo NEEDS to nerf the other characters, and buff the worst variations to feel balanced.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
What's all this talk of October 4th? There's no confirmation of any kind that we're getting a patch on that day. If you're alluding to the Gamespot article that mentioned a patch that will come with MKXL/KP2, they mean the same patch that came with MKXL on consoles. They mentioned it specifically because even if you don't buy KP2, your game will be patched to the latest version.

Immortal

Blind justice....
What's all this talk of October 4th? There's no confirmation of any kind that we're getting a patch on that day. If you're alluding to the Gamespot article that mentioned a patch that will come with MKXL/KP2, they mean the same patch that came with MKXL on consoles. They mentioned it specifically because even if you don't buy KP2, your game will be patched to the latest version.
Wake up Taco, you're missing out. ;) October 4th is confirmed day of PC MK XL release, which will be the final release of the game. So either patch will be out before that or on that day coz there will be NO MORE patching after that.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Wake up Taco, you're missing out. ;) October 4th is confirmed day of PC MK XL release, which will be the final release of the game. So either patch will be out before that or on that day coz there will be NO MORE patching after that.
Wake up? I know that it's PC MK XL release date, but that doesn't have anything to do with consoles. The patch could be before or after. You're jumping to conclusions.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Wake up? I know that it's PC MK XL release date, but that doesn't have anything to do with consoles. The patch could be before or after. You're jumping to conclusions.
You missed the part when it was said its gonna be the final version of the game, so there is no after and there is no jumping to anything.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
dude, look on the bright side, once tweakvars are figured out on MKXL, people will buff Grandmaster :D
And Alien.

But for real, if tweakvars could be figured out for MK9 and Injustice, I don't see why a fanmade balance patch wouldn't be possible on PC MKX, especially now with KP2 coming out for it. My point is, if the final patch disappoints, the fans are always there to fix things up!

omooba

fear the moobs
Kenshi in any variation isn't remotely close to GM SZ so i really fail to see the analogy here.
the two most complained about characters on tym by top players in the history of mkx are GM and KENSHI by tom and pig. neither of which should be nerfed. would be pretty hilarious if that's who gets nerfed. not funny anymore since i had to explain it

Lokheit

Noob
Well... maybe if the klone starts freezing extended limbs we can start talking compensation nerfs, until then he's just a match up specific character so nerfing him would make him really bad.

Also, both Cryo and UB can be buffed without touching the core strings:

- Cryo: Sword starting string to help with the crappy neutral game (F122 without the first hit would be ideal and they have recycled string animations during patches before) and changing the air hammer functionality so it becomes a big part of his game.

- UB: Giving the aura better properties (like stamina or meter drain on block or giving the meterless aura de damage reduction, then the EX aura something better), making the aura version of his moves safe or plus on block at the cost of losing the aura, reduced recovery on parry, etc...

His other variations suffer from a bad core character that overcompensates for the klone, but if the variation specific stuff become really good they can be balanced without touching GM.

Immortal

Blind justice....
the two most complained about characters on tym by top players in the history of mkx are GM and KENSHI by tom and pig. neither of which should be nerfed. would be pretty hilarious if that's who gets nerfed. not funny anymore since i had to explain it
Nobody and i mean nobody not even Tom with his 15 years old girl like tantrums thinks that Kenshi is on the level of GM SZ. Coz its like night and day difference. Not to mention you're talking about 2 people when in bigger picture not even 1/100 of people who think Kenshi is trash (low tier) also think that GM SZ is bad. Simply because he isn't.